1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

I think the first ones would be more suited to day use inside under artificial lights, or for computer work....from my understanding, a totally clear lens can't block enough of the desired spectrums for night time use. The second ones might be worth a try, but you have to be prepared to test them yourself. One of the QH group members, Sam Richards, did some testing on some she bought and found that they did not live up to expectations. I don't remember which ones they were though. I'm going to bite the bullet and go for the Carbonshades, since they are proven. Odd colour, but I'm sure I'll get used to it!

caroline likes this.
  2. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Thanks Krista - just found out the second ones don't ship to Oz so maybe I'll have to have cool red ones too!

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

My prescription lenses didn't block enuf blue lite ....mucho money down the drain.
    Our carbon shades should be here any day now

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Order Tim a pair too .... only one shipping charge and the discount was good.

Jenny S likes this.
  5. endless

endless New Member

Audrey, can you please post pics of you guys wearing them when you get them? Still trying to decide on what style I want!

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I actually picked another style first - but when I saw the two styles together I changed my mind. The classic style has much better coverage so I opted for the one.
    I will post a pic on FB.

endless likes this.
  7. endless

endless New Member

I still haven't ordered any Carbonshades or similar....decided to go for making my own BPI tints with cheap glasses bought online and Jason's handy manual. I bought both the 450 and 500/550 tints so I can make several pairs. I started with the 450, and unfortunately it failed miserably! I'm not sure why, exactly....I asked the seller and ensured that the lenses were CR-39, and ordered them with no coatings added. Very disappointing! Now I have to figure out why they failed so I don't waste another pit when I try again.

8. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I have decided to go with the Blu Tech from Tom Doud - I know they don't blcok all blue light, but I figure for the amount of times I'm out at night or watching TV etc with friends these will be good enough. Mostly if out at night I'm in restaurant or something in which case there is plenty of artificial light but not much blue. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me with a price now being in Oz.

9. Liam Taylor

Liam Taylor New Member

What manual is that please?

10. endless

endless New Member

Liam Taylor likes this.
  11. Liam Taylor

Liam Taylor New Member

12. endless

endless New Member

Jeez.....STILL waiting for my order from Zenni! Very slow shipping compared to the last place. I'm anxious to try the BPI again and hoping I don't have the same problem I did with the last ones.
    Doing lots of CT this week whether I like it or not. -19C in Edmonton, not factoring in wind chill. I've CTd my face and legs (jeans suck at insulating) quite effectively just by being outside.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hot and humid here - I could use some C/T!!!

Merry Christmas Krista xo

14. endless

endless New Member

Ok, dragging this thing out of the depths for an update, which I will be back to do soon.....stay tuned. Got to get to bed now.

Monica W. likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

waiting, waiting, waiting..........

what's the attraction in bed??????????????

16. endless

endless New Member

Haha, unfortunately not much Audrey! I've just been busy and my computer time has consisted of jumping on FB. I've been staying part time at my brother's place and I find it frustrating trying to type more than a few words on my phone.

What a winter! We've had everything from deep cold to huge dumps of snow to huge dumps of rain. Lot of sun for part of it, and then gloomy socked in days for weeks. I'm really ready for the end but apparently mother nature is not as we are still hovering around freezing and getting more snow. Melt, dammit!
    I've been far too sedentary the last month as well. Before that I was getting into a groove on the xc ski trails, getting both me and the dogs exercised and uv'd most days. Then the conditions went to shit and I couldn't get out for awhile and now I'm finding it harder to get back into it. Just bought a TRX-style suspension trainer that was immediately borrowed by a friend, so when I get it back Im looking forward to trying it out!
    Ct has been sporadic, not much in water, some in snow and some just in cold air. Once the river is accessible I will start back doing dips there, right now that isn't possible because of snow and ice.

I'm caring for my brother's dog for a couple of months while he is overseas, and learning the ins and outs of cannabis cancer treatment. He was diagnosed right before they left. They refused the biopsy, not wanting to put him through anesthesia, but the vet was pretty sure. SO every day we have a regimen of proteolytic enzymes, cannabis oil, turmeric and medicinal mushrooms going on. I've taken on a lot in addition to my already busy life but hey, it's my pattern....:rolleyes:

So I finally had success with the glasses I ordered from Zenni....the 550 turned out pretty good and so did the 500. The lack of anti-reflective coating is a bit annoying but I can live with it. Now have to find the time and $$ to go get REAL glasses (prescription) to tint for night driving.

I watched that movie, 'Captain Fantastic' last night. It was interesting because I actually DID grow up like that, for awhile. Or, at least, what COULD have been like that if the adults in my life had made my upbringing a priority as the father did in the movie. In my situation the kids were definitely not the focus of the whole experience. I'd MUCH rather have been taught the way they were than left to my own devices to work my way through the correspondence school curriculum on my own. Nevertheless, I learned a lot of things that most of my peers did not. It was a definite advantage in ninth grade (my first year back in the 'real world') when our class did a 'survival' camping trip in November, north of Edmonton and I was the only one who could start a fire. :rofl: Damn city kids.....

Off to walk the menagerie.

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  17. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Just wondering. Which lenses did you order from zenni? And how much did the bpi tints costs? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Have ordered from zenni before now just have to contact bpi. I have a pair of blutech that I wear all the time but I want a true blue block for night with a prescription pair.

18. endless

endless New Member

I ordered plain, uncoated lenses from Zenni (which are free with the frames). You have to make sure to NOT get anti reflective coating, that will screw it up. The dyes were $30US each (I got both the 450 and the 500/550)and I bought a lens holder for $25. It was fairly easy to do and I'm pretty happy with the results.

OptimalSkr likes this.
  19. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna order another pair from zenni and contact bpi to get this done. So do you wear the 450 in the day and 550 at night? I see the 600 is complete blue block. Wonder if that would be too dark at night might be interesting.

20. endless

endless New Member

I will use the 450 if I'm indoors during the day with no natural light, or doing computer work. 500 or 550 at night. I think the 600 would be hard to function with, but maybe ok for bumbling around at home. Don't forget the light hitting your skin has impact too, so reducing ambient light is also important. If I'm hanging out by candlelight at night I might not even wear my glasses, but if using amber bulbs or anything higher lux I put them on.

OptimalSkr and caroline like this.