1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Curves

Curves Guest

OMG, there is an entire Universe over there! Even some of my friends LOL.
    Thanks endless! I just joined the FB Gruop. OMG, there is an entire Universe over there! Even some of my offline friends! I can't wait to hear if you get results.

endless and fitness@home like this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Whenever I get questions from friends I add them to the group and tell them to read. Leave group if not interested.

endless and Curves like this.
  3. Curves

Curves Guest

Dawn, can't wait to hear about your results! If something could tone up my abs naturally, I'd pray to the fashiablaster god for sure!

4. Curves

Curves Guest

So are there two types of blasters? The regular and the mini? Do you suggest one or the other? I'm fascinated!

5. endless

endless New Member

I just received the regular one and I can already tell I will want a mini as well. It's very sturdy and a bit cumbersome for some areas. I think the mini will be very useful for my arms and neck.

caroline, Curves and fitness@home like this.
  6. endless

endless New Member

Well, well.....my appetite for seafood has finally returned. Wonder if it's the days getting shorter. I'm still eating a fair amount of seasonal carbs but just this past week I've been back to eating fish after months of not being attracted to it at all. Doesn't hurt that I had this amazing Thai seafood salad for lunch the other day....mussels and prawns and fish and squid in a typically flavourful dressing with a few veggies (celery, onion, tomato, lettuce). I already want that again...might have to start making it myself.
    The fruit consumption this season has been great! I've indulged in each thing as it has been at peak season, enjoyed it over that week or so, and moved on. Most recently I've been eating prune plums, next up is apples and pears. I've also eaten a LOT of watermelon this summer. I'm not going to miss it when the colder weather hits.
    Theres a forest fire burning on the other side of the ridge from me....earlier today it was a bit sketchy with high winds and I was starting to get ready for possible evac. notice, but now the wind has died off and light rain has started so hoping by daylight it'll not be any closer!
    I made myself a mini fascia blaster, by removing two of the claws on the big one. I don't want to cut it until I can order another and it's expensive and a pain to ship it here.

fitness@home and caroline like this.
  7. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

For some reason I've lost my taste for shrimp this summer and I usually love it on skewers and grilled. Craving Alaskan salmon though and will add it to my grocery list.

Stay safe and get the hell out of Dodge if the fire heads your way!

caroline likes this.
  8. endless

endless New Member

It started raining, so all good. I'm sure they'll knock it right down today.
    I actually noticed the same with shrimp! I have always bought the argentine red shrimp and really loved them, but lately I'm more drawn to other stuff.....

caroline likes this.
  9. endless

endless New Member

Aahhh, the sun is weakening! :eek: I'm still getting full sun on skin but the intensity is way down. I love lots of things about this time of year but that isn't one of them. Shorter days are upon us. Eating fully out of the garden now, it's probably my last few weeks of that. Hunting season starts and we're on the prowl for an elk or a couple of whitetails to feed the family. I bought a bunch of spring salmon and the freezer is filling with that too. Sauerkraut is made, garlic is curing, carrots and beets are ready to pull.

Considering buying the Carbonshades, for night time use out of the house. I just don't wear the UVEX out. Not that I go out at night much anyway, but it would be good to have them for the occasional time I do. Still waiting for more people to post pics of some of the other styles!

cantweight and fitness@home like this.
  10. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Hi Krista, Never heard of Carbonshades - have you seen anyone wearing them. Like you I rarely go out at night but would be good to have something to wear other than Uvex. I wouldn't wear them outside house either! Do you have a price for them?

11. endless

endless New Member

Hi Jenny,
    I've seen pics of a few of the styles in the QH Facebook group, but not the ones I'm most interested in.... Here's the link. https://www.carbonshade.com

There is also a discount code offered to the QH folks, I think it's 20%. Code is QUANTUMHEALTH. I'm interested in either the Clubmasters or the Retro, so far I've only seen the aviators and the classics on people.

12. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Thanks Krista. I wonder whether we really need the total blue blocking at night when out as unless you're at pictures or looking at a big screen, they mightn't have to be quite so "out there"

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

we are wondering about the carbon shades too. I emailed them about being able to wear them over top of prescription glasses. Jeremy told me some do and it seems to work.
    They can be returned if it doesn't work.
    He is very prompt in responding to emails.

14. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just ordered 2 pairs .....and decided to go with the classic because they have more coverage.
    There is 20% off.

16. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

which ones did you order - the ones I found or Krista?

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Carbon shade

18. endless

endless New Member

Jenny, I want to say that the ones you linked have been discussed on the QH group and found lacking, but I'm not 100% sure so I can't say. I know there are a few brands that people have tried and they hadn't measured up.

I'm leaning towards the Clubmasters. If I'm going to wear orange lenses they may as will be stylie!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I paid a fortune for some prescription lenses .... The Doc assured me they block blue light and even did a half ass demo.

I was very gullible/stupid/ill informed ....and that was an expensive lesson.

20. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016