1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

my pleasure

2. endless

endless New Member

Make yourselves at home, guys..... ;)

I discovered SUP recently and LOVE it! I was lucky to find a used board for a really good price and couldn't not buy it. It's amazing for core and stability. My SIL convinced me to try a stretch of the river with her the other day (I was a little nervous, and had only planned to do flat water for awhile) and it was great! I need to get an ankle strap but I managed to not fall off, even in the 'rapids' we have (class II). And I can feel it in my ass, legs and torso today. Moving water while standing is a whole different animal than I am used to. Can't wait to do it again!

3. endless

endless New Member

Ugh.....last several days have been experiencing near constant palps almost all day long. :eek: I haven't been having any for a really long time until this past week. Stress level is very high, but I can't think of anything else different.
    If I had a day off anytime soon I would get up with the sun and drag my ass outside and sleep/bask in it all day.

4. Inger

Inger Silver

regarding your palps... are you taking MB?

I got heart palps from them and burned up in the night...lol my ex husband got palps too as we tried out MB both at the same time... they stopped after a while I stopped the MB... for him the same happened. but it was aquarium MB and it was in early spring with practically no sun or sun was very weak.......

5. endless

endless New Member

Yes, I was! I stopped, and so did they. Hadn't put the two together.....I bought the Blue Brain Boost kind though. I was taking fairly high doses though, maybe I'll try again with smaller amounts.

6. endless

endless New Member

Really excited to start using the FasciaBlaster I ordered after reading Dawns report on it. I feel like this is something I will really benefit from. My feet and legs have been painful and sensitive to the touch since a few years ago when I was running to train for Tough Mudder. They were sensitive before that to a lesser extent but far more so after. There's going to be some release happening very soon!

Just noticed a person who I considered a 'friend' blocked me on FB. Always interesting for me when that happens. I self evaluate. Am I a real bitch? Am I overly negative? Are they a Trump supporter? ;) Anyway, I suppose any of those are possible although I don't see myself that way. Their loss.

Curves, caroline and fitness@home like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I suppose that is the beauty of rarely being on FB .....I wouldn't have a clue if someone blocked me.....

8. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Same!

9. endless

endless New Member

True enough!
    The whole social media dynamic is very interesting anyway. I've 'met' a lot of people who have become friends, some strictly online because of distance but some transfer over to 'real life'. I quite like yhe concept of getting to know people based mostly on their interactions rather than their physical presence. The thing is, so many people 'craft' their online persona into someone not quite genuine so it becomes interesting if you do meet in person at some point. So far (almost) everyone I've met through this group had been very genuine. Aside from dumb social experiments, that is.

I am REALLY enjoying my sleep again recently, after a period of never feeling rested enough. Yay for that!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

M
    my sleep has gone so south .....we are moving into spring. I am outside so much that our house is turning into a pig style!

Hope this turns around soon......

11. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I've just had the best week of sleep I've had for a year or so - sleeping consistently 7 - 8 hours - it's fantastic!
    Hope you do improve soon - very hard without good nights sleep

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Jenny.
    I am very impressed you are sleeping so well ......for one particular reason! I don't remember getting much sleep at all!

13. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

That's only cos hardly see him - could change next fortnight!!

endless and caroline like this.
  14. endless

endless New Member

Ok, the FasciaBlaster has arrived (thanks Dawn!!).....and I'm scared of it! :rolleyes: Interesting insight though. I've been reading the damn FaceBook group and watching YouTube videos about it so I've seen and heard a ton about people's experiences already and thought I would be ready to jump right in there but.......I'm scared of pain. Having realized that, I started reflecting on all the things I have avoided because I am scared of getting hurt. There's a lot. I have a big ass tattoo and can sit completely calmly for blood draws and stuff, but pain from other sources is very scary to me.

This is the same thing I experienced when I started to CT. I used to be scared to be cold. I would never consider leaving the house without enough clothing that I would never be cold, no matter what time of year. If I ever did get cold, I would panic. I had to overcome that fear in order to CT in cold water and take walks without a jacket, etc. Now I am often the one who goes to an evening event in shorts and a t shirt with no sweater or whatever while everyone else is bundling up. So, I got over it. Now I have to get over this!

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can't wait to hear how you do with this thing!

I am trying to be on a budget ........ So I will put it off until I hear that all of you are now swelt!!!
    And stunning - with all your curves in the right places!

Curves likes this.
  16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Just got an email for the Mini. Was on the waiting list for it.

Charlotte has one that she uses during sessions. I am scheduled for tonight at her office this time (not my home). If I go there I can get 90 minutes for same price as 60 minute session.

Only bad part is driving from work up in The Woodlands to near the 610 Loop/290. Traffic, traffic, traffic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    caroline likes this.
  17. endless

endless New Member

Does she use the nugget on you? I'm having a hard time understanding how people use that....

So, oddly enough, the first thing I did after admitting to being scared of being hurt was fall on my steps and hurt myself. Now I have a big swollen bruise on my left quad...probably very similar to what I will get from the blaster! It's like the universe is saying 'See? It's not so bad'.....:rolleyes:

caroline and cantweight like this.
  18. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Yes, she does. For me to apply the pressure I want on my upper thigh with it, I place it between me and the wall (while standing) and lean into it.

When I did this on that area of fascia in my upper left thigh and hit it just right, I could feel a sensation of it in my thigh wrapping around to my hip area. I use inoculation method. Press, hold for 30-60 seconds, move on to the next point about 1/2 inch farther.

endless likes this.
  19. Curves

Curves Guest

okay. so where does a girl go to get up-to-date on this fasciablaster? I can see I'm way behind the times.

caroline, Lahelada and fitness@home like this.
  20. endless

endless New Member

Check out https://www.fasciablaster.com for the basics...there is a ridiculously huge FB group as well that can be overwhelming but gives you a good idea of what people's experiences with it have been.

caroline and Curves like this.