1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Purple Haze

Purple Haze New Member

Ok thanks, I'll do some research and consider it. I suppose it isn't covered by medical, you're in BC right?

2. endless

endless New Member

Yes, I'm in BC. Here's a link to where I go https://kootenayosteopathy.com/what-is-osteopathy/ and there some info about insurance there...extended, anyway. Not basic provincial medical.

caroline likes this.
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze New Member

4. endless

endless New Member

I'm starting to crave sunlight....it's been very rainy and stormy here for the past week and I have not been able to do my morning sun bath! I might have to go for a tan on Monday if this keeps up....

nicld likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

good. get on a plane and come south........it would be wise.

6. endless

endless New Member

It would be wise, for sure....maybe I should at least go to Utah and meet up with the sexy fireman....:D

I won't be going anywhere for awhile, though. Work obligations and my niece's graduation with the influx of family will keep me busy. I don't mind, though, I love being here in the summer. We just have to get through the June rainy spell and it'll be golden. Naked gardening and river swims till fall.

nicld and caroline like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That sounds like a luxury we all need.

endless and lohd2015 like this.
  8. jenaf

jenaf Silver

in response to your osteopath post: if it wasnt lasting then two things may have occured = the primary lesion was not addressed and therefore everything returned to the way it was, or stability/movement at the most basic level was needed to integrate the changes, but wasnt so then the brain reverted to what it has patterned to do. from my perspective ;)

endless likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I was out yesterday picking me another 100 oysters on the ocean floor naked.. it was such a bliss....there were so many oysters i could not believe it!!! They where everywhere....just laying around like that... beautiful ones....... too many.. it was just hard to leave them there as I cant fit more than I now have in my fridge! The warm winter seems to have exploded the oysters population :)

Videha, lilly antic and endless like this.
  10. endless

endless New Member

It was a little of both...it was my first visit and there were several things I wanted to address but couldn't get to all of it. Also, I didn't consistently do the movement 'homework' he gave me. I'm going to wait until after the end of the month and this whole grad thing to be over before I start up again, so I can be more consistent!

I can't even imagine, Inger! Sounds amazing.....:love:

I had a terrible couple days with my back...something my chiro did on Wednesday caused everything on my left side to spasm and I was getting terrible pain in my lumbar/sacral area. I went back on Friday and we tried again, and it FELT like something came 'unstuck', but the pain didn't improve. I had a terrible couple of days with every movement hurting. This morning I iced for 30 minutes and then did 10 minutes of UFO on my lower back and left hip, followed by spending the day outside barefoot. It's finally starting to resolve, yay! Maybe I'll be able to sleep without pain tonight!

caroline likes this.
  11. Purple Haze

Purple Haze New Member

Jenaf, are you familiar with osteopathy or are you referring to the psychosomatic side of pain? It seems like you're speaking from some kind of experience.
    I'm not familiar with osteopathy, have had success with it?

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Krista - hope you are feeling better xo

Maybe you need some sexy fireman touch therapy????

13. endless

endless New Member

I'm sure that would help Audrey!:D

Purple Haze, Jena is a practitioner and is going to be studying osteopathy! She's a great resource.

caroline likes this.
  14. Purple Haze

Purple Haze New Member

Oh ok, awesome. Thanks

15. endless

endless New Member

Brrr, another chilly cool damp morning! I think we're finally coming to the end of this rainy spell and hopefully finally getting into some summer weather.... Got spoiled in the early spring with some hot dry spells and then the usual spring rains set in. I actually drove through snow over the pass the other day. The garden is sitting there doing nothing , waiting for some sun.
    Have the family descending next week and over the weekend for my niece's graduation, so it's going to be busy! We're doing a pig roast on Thursday before all the boring stuff starts...lol

caroline likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have lots of great family fun! Take them all for C/T in your river! Make it Christmas in July and wear your Santa hats.... And take pics!

endless likes this.
  17. endless

endless New Member

I'm 47 years old, and over my lifetime I have been blessed (?) to have three men at var0us times in the role of father. Honestly not sure 'blessed ' is the right word

My biological father was not around long for my childhood....early divorce. Visitation didn't really develop a strong bond when I was a kid, because his next wife treated me like an unwelcome guest. It wasn't until I was an adult that I developed a closer relationship with him, working around his lifelong severe clinical depression.

My current stepfather is slowing down....when he first came onto the scene he was someone I HATED with a passion.....but also loved his 4 kids that came to visit from Denver CO every summer . I was conflicted....life was good Sometimes. :) We have a much better adult relationship.

The third 'father' in my life was Randy, who came into my life when I was too young to remember.My mom met him after leaving my dad and moving to Calgary. I was too young to remember the progression of that meeting, but as far as I was concerned, Randy was my daddy. He was my daddy for the happiest time of my life. I look back on this and am amazed that he just took me on with no question, even though he didn't have kids of his own.
    Some of my best memories are related to Randy. I remember trips to visit his mother in rural Alberta. I was only 3 years younger than his twin sisters, so we were inseparable!
    Anyway, he passed away last week...so I'm reflecting on my time with him and on fathers in general. I feel lucky to have made it this far without losing any parents. Knowing what I know now makes it harder because I see some of them doing things that I know will affect their health and longevity but there isn't much I can do about it except try and be a good example.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    fitness@home and caroline like this.
  18. I am in London has to do with 'chemtrails' anyway I have a question and hopefully Dr Kruse or someone else can help. I have a good friend here and I am shocked to see him blinking his eyes all the time sometimes really kind of scary. Is that likely to be some kind of 'light issue'. I have been here a week and have NOT seen a sunrise or a sunset a kind of grey murk most of the time. Even some guesses on this 'blinking' issue would be appreciated very much

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You blink a lot to cool the cornea so that you can absorb more light that is present. This happens when you live in a place like London or have a low dopamine state.

lohd2015 likes this.
  20. Thanks very much for that Jack, it makes thing in relation to my friend a bit clearer. One thing I notice in London and I have been here only 4 days is forget about sunrise and sunset. You do NOT see either one and the people I checked with said that is 'normal' there. I put a fair amount of that down to 'chemtrails' there was one sunny day and the spraying was INTENSE. Worse than anything I have seen in LA.

Most of the time you have this dome of cloud I won't say 'clouds' as it is like one big continuous dome of cloud. I was also in Yorkshire for a week and it was much better there real clouds, sunrises and sunsets a bit at least yes it was cloudy but 'real' nice white puffy clouds. I think London is a dreadful place to live and my friend though a super 'smart' guy and the author of several excellent books is suffering I would say and all the blinking sort of shows it. Thanks again for the quick responce Jack