1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

I am pretty sure it is coming from power lines, not from anything inside my house. It does not change inside even when I turn off the main breaker. Outside it is the same. I have some large power lines about 400 meters away, and there must be a large fluctuation in their output....I can't figure out what else would cause it. When I originally tested them a few months ago, I only did it once and my background reading in and out of my house was 0.2. At that time I had to go halfway to the powerlines to get a reading of 1.0

I'm hoping the readings ARE high, although what I took from him is that the reason they might be high is interference from dirty electricity....not sure if that would apply here.

2. endless

endless New Member

Checked around outside again today....readings definitely higher than last time. I guess I will start looking around locally for anyone who might have a different meter to rent, I doubt Michael's company will rent one to me in Canada!

Spent some time over at the 'Optimal Health Cave' reading a few threads....for people who say they are done with JK they sure spend a lot of time talking about what goes on over here:confused: Lots of it is just nasty....too bad, it might be an ok site if it wasn't for all the spite and scorn floating around.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wonder why so many people are consumed with nastiness? Gotta eat you up inside and steal your life......

4. endless

endless New Member

I was thinking the same, Caroline!

I was planning to head into town this afternoon and go to the gym, but I'm not feeling the motivation to do so. I went outside and built up two raised beds in the garden instead, in my bare feet. The soil is still COLD, and now it is raining again so I am back inside. I'm glad to have gotten some grounding in anyway.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

I checked that forum briefly first time today because of what you posted above, Christa.. I did not even know it existed. It made me sad.
    So there is where so many have gone.

6. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Had to check it to. It´s quite funny/weird to read some of the treads over there. I can´t see any reason for talking bad about things we by free will join. A forum is a forum, a way of living is a way of living. When did anyone say that Jacks words is law? If you get upset by comments like some have been (when i followed some treads) you should start by looking at yourself why YOU get upset.

This is so common today with nonhuman connections, we can´t sense reality any longer.

Let this kind of people do their thing and let us contiunue do our. Focus on yourself and the one close to you.

If someone is done mentaly on one theory / thing, go on and leave it behind. Learn from yesterday to act in now to build tomorrow.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Peter - I always appreciate your take on things ..... you are an astute observer of life....

I really don't understand all the snarkiness .... as you said we will focus on ourselves and loved ones and building a great tomorrow .....

8. endless

endless New Member

Yes, it's a bit too much snarkiness for me....I believe that focusing on something brings it onto your reality so I prefer to focus on things I want instead of things I don't like/don't want. Obviously that in itself is a practice that has varying levels of success! I do my best, though....

All of the media coverage today of the Boston incident reminded me how easy it is to glom on to the fear based, negative media frenzy that always accompanies this type of thing. I really like this post from one of my FB contacts, a wise and wonderful woman I met in Oregon a few years ago...

'Beloveds, let's send prayer, support & love to Boston and everywhere else in the world where darkness is acting out. But PLEASE don't get sucked into one of the sneakiest black holes...that being the MEDIA with all of its HYSTERIA & MADNESS. It will have you feeling powerless and scared. And you are powerful & MAGNIFICENT.'
    Dr. Melva Green

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Loved that quote Christa. And Peter, you are so right. :)

That is why I do not read newspaper anymore. They are like they try to scare us all the time, without any suggestion to solving the problems. Just bad news. Like the other day my dad as I went downstairs and they were eating breakfast, he reading the newspaper.
    He said;
    Inger, look here what's going on! A catastrophe! I said, what is it dad? He read loud; In Madagascar huge amount of big grasshoppers invading the land are causing famine.
    I said, dad, can you see the mismatch there? He said, no? I told him Johannes in the bible was living off from grasshoppers and honey (my dad is very religious so it always works to tell him stories from the bible..lol). Only. How could grasshoppers cause famine? They are great foods! So the hole thing was a plain lie and upside down. People just have to go and catch those grasshoppers and they will have more than enough food!

I said to dad that is why I do not read newspapers. They are so full of lies and stuff that want to scare us it is not worth it at all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Christa - are you focusing on getting that yurt up???

11. endless

endless New Member

Not yet Caroline!
    I have actually been finding myself pretty busy now that spring is finally here and the growing season has started. It's still too cold for planting much in the garden, but I'm cleaning up my yard and planning what I want to get done outside this year. If the rain stays away for the next few days I will try to get some peas and onions planted, and start digging my new shade bed along the front of my porch. I'm going to plant lots of ferns and hostas and begonias there, it gets very little sun and nothing else will likely do well there.

I ran 6km yesterday (well, intervals....I walked some of it) and my left calf is hurting today. I think I'd better break out the ice!

12. endless

endless New Member

Not much to say.....the cycling of the progesterone seems to be working now...I start on day 14 and stop after day 28 and my period starts the next day. I used cream (vaginally) in the morning and oral at night this cycle. No change in the midsection bloating yet. I am not loving that at all, now that the weather is getting warmer and clothes are getting lighter.

Digging around the yard today and maybe going to the greenhouse to pick up some ferns.

13. jib

jib New Member

How's your Tough Mudder training coming along? The actual event is in June sometime isn't it?
    I had read, (I think I remember) that you were CTing after your training for sore muscles and such.
    But what do you think would happen if you took a cold shower (at the facility where you train if they have that) and then trained? The reason I am thinking of this is because in the winter time I had asked "How would you CT in the snow? Jack replied, something like, roll around in the snow (scantily clad) and then do some sprints. So from that, I'm thinking maybe some exercise after CT (if one is at that point in their journey) would be beneficial.

14. endless

endless New Member

Wow, I kind of let this journal go...sorry jib! Wasn't ignoring you....

I didn't ever really do that, other than sometimes jumping in the river partway through a run, but I know others have mentioned that CT before training made them perform better. Luckily the event contained some CT so I was able to stay wet and cool for the duration! I'm sure it helped :)

15. jib

jib New Member

16. endless

endless New Member

Yes, I did it! It was challenging and I totally drained myself, I needed several days of rest to recover. Two of my teammates were 15 years younger than me. Still have some bruises, actually, but I have quit training entirely and am devoting myself to some gentle replenishing activities for the next while....having said that, I will totally do it again next year!

Not only for the chance to hang out in Whistler for a few days, but because I really enjoyed the event and the people :)

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Awesome Krista! How is everything else going? I guess you are getting lots and lots of Vit D?

18. endless

endless New Member

Hi Caroline!
    Yes, getting lots of D lately, I am not spending much time on the computer (well, for work I have). I am so far behind in the blogs that I feel kind of overwhelmed by the forum posts here so I haven't been around much.

Now that I'm done physically abusing my body for awhile I am resting, recovering my adrenals and gardening, when I am not working! Still jumping in the river but it's not cold enough anymore....funny as most people still haven't ventured in! I'm anxiously awaiting a new paleo fitness book I ordered last week and when it arrives I will start doing some light exercise again.

I had a few slips on my trip (actually ate WHEAT! once) so I'm trying to get back to a nice clean diet too....eating greens and stuff out of my garden right now so that's nice!

How about you, how is your winter going?

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Don't even ask about winter ...... I hate it! I felt soooooo much better in the summer. I know everyone says to embrace all the seasons ...... but maybe you understand this - I find winter time very lonely .....I don't need anymore retrospection ....LOL

Don't worry about being behind with stuff here .... everyone is trying to limit computer time!

Did you see the June webinar? and the Q&A? probably my fave so far .......If you haven't seen the Q&A - I think you would love it .......Jack and Misty invited Erwan on ........movnat anyone????

Have you got a nice big garden this year? and are you gardening in your bikini?? How is the yurt coming along?

20. endless

endless New Member

I have not seen the webinar or q&a, but I would have loved to see the q&a...movnat sounds right up my alley. I just finished 2 weeks of rest after the mudder and am ready to get back to some strength exercise.

I do have a fairly good garden, although it got a late start due to bad spring weather. Things are just starting to take off now....I'm eating arugula and spinach, kohlrabi and kale, and the peas are almost ready. The horses reached over the fence last night and yanked my three largest sunflowers out...grrr. So today I strung a line of electric fencing along the top in case they decide to try any more thievery!

Still doing a bit of CT in the river, although it's really not that cold anymore. Better than nothing I guess. I am most certainly NOT gardening in a bikini....still suffering from a big puffy midsection since starting the Pg....and now it seems worse since starting iodine this week:( Not feeling very bikini worthy lately!

Also, I'm worried about my blood sugar.....consistantly high, even through the leptin reset. I just took it randomly tonight (right after eating raw kohlrabi, probably should have waited longer) and it was 138! FBG has been consistantly about 110 or higher. I wonder if the elevated cortisol from the training I was doing made it worse, but it didn't seem to improve at all even at my strictest epi paleo. I'm thinking of asking the doc for metformin.