1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I choose ....Martin and the mermaids....

Krista - sounds like a good plan.....just live every day to the max - who knows what spectacular things/people may show up!

One day you may open your front door and......Martin and his mermaids could be standing there!

A fire pit would be very nice....

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Krista - don't forget to wear your bikini when you are mulching! That sounds kinda erotic.....

3. diane

diane Gold

Hahahaha - The Shoeman Trio made me laugh!

4. endless

endless New Member

I know....I am loving these name ideas!

Well, I didn't work out today...my legs have been kind of unhappy so taking a couple days off to assess that.

I worked in the yard today. Didn't figure out how to make the flower bed, but I did get the firepit done! tn_2013-03-29 19.46.40.jpg

At least I was lifting heavy things (rocks).

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Love your firepit Krista!!!
    I always prefer natural movement.. like building firepits..:) I think we are somehow made to create.. that gives us all exersice we need too! I cannot wait til the spring and summer is here, I get so much more exercise then. I have been real lazy and my exercise have been to break up the icehole once in a while, that's it about it. And a little snow work. I need to clean the chickens house these days, that is going to be some fun exercise! :) Just so fun to watch those chickens.. and their king and the duck..huh

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

beautiful job on the fire pit Krista .... when will you be ready for guests???

7. endless

endless New Member

I guess it depends on if I get to stay living here, Caroline! I was toying with the idea of building a little yurt or something as a guest bedroom outside someday, since now I have only a foam mattress to put down on the living room floor for people to sleep on. Hopefully I get to do that here.:)

8. endless

endless New Member

Anybody know when the EMF webinar link is being sent? The email said it was being sent out today but I have nothing here....

9. endless

endless New Member

Never mind...got it!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

A yurt would be awesome.....I had lunch in a yurt a few months ago! and - a yurt is collapsible so - if you had to - you could re deploy!!

11. endless

endless New Member

Well, I found out that me neighbors do not plan on kicking me out if/when they buy the place, so that's a load off my mind. The weather here has been just amazing...but spring rains supposed to start tomorrow. I got the garden switched around...covered up last year's half and rototilled the half I will be working with this year. Hopefully I will get a chance to make my beds before the rain gets serious...I'd like to get the onions planted, anyway...and maybe some spinach and kohlrabi.

I had a killer work day yesterday and then had fire practice last night so only caught a bit of the Q&A. Someone asked about not taking K2 and curcumin together and Misty cut off Dr. K's answer for some reason or another....but I really am curious, I have never heard that before and I take both 3 times a day. Anyone know the answer?

Breakfast today was 1/2 an avocado, about 3 ounces of lox and 3 strips of bacon with BP herbal chai.

12. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Curcumin was mistakenly included in the question when the person meant coumadin. There is an issue taking K2 and Coumadin (Warfarin) together.

13. endless

endless New Member

Oh, that makes more sense...thanks!

14. Vicster

Vicster New Member

Krista, I'm so glad you get to stay in your place! Piece of mind for you and less stress on the adrenals worrying about a potential move. Yay for you!

15. endless

endless New Member

Thanks, I am happy about it! Although the neighbor across the road just behaved like a total biatch at me because her dog followed me on a walk......why can't people just be NICE??? She's actually not ever been very pleasant to me since I moved in. Best just to avoid her I guess.

I hauled the lawnmower out of the shed and pushed the snowblower in....love that chore! I was hoping to get some garden beds made today but not feeling energetic enough for that....I worked out at the gym after my dentist appointment and I am feeling it. Took my 10g of D-ribose right after, and during my recent walk with the dog(s) I stood in the river up to my knees for awhile so hopefully that will keep the soreness in my shins down.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so glad that you get to stay .... so when can Martin and his mermaids show up??? Is the yurt up yet??

Sounds like your neighbour is quite an unhappy lady....maybe you need to kill her with kindness?

17. diane

diane Gold

That's great news Krista! That must be such a relief.

18. endless

endless New Member

So much for our nice sunny weather...the spring rains have arrived. Went for a long walk with my SIL and dogs this morning in the pouring rain. It's stopping and starting now, but I am not motivated to get outside for any more yardwork when everything is so soggy.

I think I'm going to tackle that iodine thread and take some notes.....thinking of trying that protocol. I bought some Lugols so I might just get started on that. Tanning is winding down, I am most likely nearing the end of my minutes and soon I will be able to do it outside I think. I'm looking forward to doing a new set of labs next cycle and seeing if there's been any improvement in my vit D.

I splurged and bought myself a dozen oysters yesterday...had them for breakfast with a BP chai.

19. endless

endless New Member

I took the TriField for another week so I could do some more testing, and was shocked when I brought it home and found the levels in my house MUCH higher than I originally found. Last time the background was 0.2-0.4 (milligauss), this time it was 1.25. Scary....so I've been taking measurements in the same spot whenever I think of it, and recording them. It seems to vary from 0.2- 1.25, with no pattern I can discern. Yesterday in the morning it was very low, from 0.6 at 6am to 0.1 at 8am....but this morning it is around 1.0! Either this meter is shot, or something bizarre is going on in my area.

I was not impressed with the reading at the tanning salon either...I have been using the 'weakest' bed, and when I took a reading inside it was over 50. So much for electronic ballasts...obviously there is more to it than that. Not sure what to do now...I still have a lot of credits there to use. Maybe I will try the stronger beds, just to see if the readings are worse or better. I really wish I had another meter to test with!

Im planning to get the laptop ground set up today, I have everything I need except one adaptor so I can use the small grounding rod I got from earthing.com. I'm not going to be using it for earthing myself anymore in light of the fluctuations in the strength of the magnetic field...

Tried to find a multimeter yesterday, but could not find one with the right range....I guess I will have to order it online. I am wanting to have the body voltage meter to help figure out some more about how to fix my environment the best I can.

20. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

What is the Trifield reading outdoors away from your house and any electrical devices? This will be the "natural" reading. Thus, it is doubtful any indoor reading would be lower.

As Michael Neuert has said, the Trifield readings are usually high. My N=1 example ... using the Trifield at my computer desk, I get a reading of 1.2 but using the Alpha UHS meter I rented from him, the reading in the same location was .43. ... a big difference.

Time of day and how many electrical devices (i.e. A/C, etc.) can cause gauss meter readings to vary in the same location.