1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

I gave up at my old place too Darleen. This time I am going to make some beds and cover them with that fine black deer mesh. You can hardly see it but they HATE it. I also clean my comb out after I wash my hair and toss the strands on the beds...they don't like that either.

So I just spent some time on http://rhythmicliving.org/ and I am slightly alarmed.....I am seriously wondering about high dose BHRT now. How could SO MANY women all complain of weight gain and other negatives from it without there being something to it? It's bizarre.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I remember asking JK a question after the Q and A on hormones....he is not a big supporter of women having periods after they go through menopause from taking BHRT. It's a matter of degree I think. There are certainly a lot of opinions on both sides of the fence.

3. endless

endless New Member

That there is....I am still cycling naturally, just trying to boost my very low levels, but I am going to proceed with caution. I don't think throwing large doses around is necessarily right for everyone.

That being said, I am on cycle day 26, and this will be my last day using the P cream this cycle! I am so glad I made it without premature bleeding! I figured out that I have been using 50mg per day, once a day. If I increase, I think I will just start using it twice a day for 100mg total. The compounding pharmacist I spoke to said that I am probably getting very good absorption from using it vaginally, better than dermally or orally, so I will stick with it. Not going to change anything else until my next set of labs, and see where to go from there.

4. janagram

janagram New Member

on another site someone was singing praises of continuing to menstruate after meno with hormones and another lady chimes in with:
    "Periods at 70? Oh, no thank you!" Touche'! lol.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Krista .... what made your Pharmacist think you were absorbing better - vaginally? I just don't understand how you decide which method is best. With the cost of all this stuff it would be great to know which method is the most effective and then stick with it ..... or I wonder if it changes over time - I guess that would make sense too.

6. endless

endless New Member

I'm not sure, Caroline....maybe it's just that mucous membrane absorbs better than skin? I know it seems to be common knowledge that you only absorb about 30% when you take it orally.

Has anyone watched or listened to the webinar yet? The size of the download was quite a lot smaller than the file size listed on the link. I'm about 15 minutes in and there has been a few 'skips' or audio cutting out.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I saw it yesterday ....no problems at all

8. endless

endless New Member

Ok, good! Thanks:)

9. diane

diane Gold

I've got the oral progesterone - start it tonight. I asked the doctor which one she recommended -she said oral, so I figure I have to start somewhere. Meanwhile, I can tell that the Vitex has been doing something to progesterone, as a lot of things have started to come back. Kinda cool, actually.

10. endless

endless New Member

Good to know Diane! Dr. K told me that oral is better for sleep. I have some, but I haven't tried it yet. I also have some vitex tincture that I have had for a long time...wonder if it'd still be effective. I might try adding that in next cycle.

11. endless

endless New Member

Yesterday I went to the gym and did both my running intervals and my weight program...plus some core work and lots of stretching when I got home. My body is obviously craving the movement after so long! I'm moving slowly because I had metatarsalgia on my left foot after a night of dancing in some inappropriate footwear months ago, and I'm just starting in minimalist runners so I don't want to push my feet into a chronic injury. So far so good! I'm stretching and exercising my feet a lot too, trying to rehab them after years of using high-tech super supportive running shoes. Poor feet, they have been made so weak from not being allowed to be feet and move naturally!

Today is a rest day, exercise-wise, because tonight I will be dancing again (this time in proper shoes!) and will get a good workout that way:) It's a beautiful sunny day here....COLD in the breeze but it's tempting to go and bare it all anyway. I'm not, because of my recent experience with burning myself. I'll do some limited exposure.

Breakfast was salmon ceviche and avocado with BP herbal chai. I haven't had raw salmon in awhile, it was a nice treat. Didn't get oysters this weekend so that was my consolation.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

It sounds like everything is coming together nicely for you Krista.....have a great nite of dancing - I am very jealous!
    You must get to meet tons of guys! Have you got your groove on?

13. diane

diane Gold

Yes, the right dancing shoes are very important! What kind of music do you dance to Krista? Hope you have an awesome night!

14. endless

endless New Member

Caroline, I need to take some lessons from you for that! I am a real introvert in person...it's hard for me to meet people. I was thinking about that on my drive home last night. I might have been able to meet some men if I wasn't so awkward. Not to mention still gun shy from my last disasterous relationship. I have never actually 'dated' anyone I did not already know as a friend, co-worker, whatever. I can't even imagine internet dating. I am of the opinion that if it is meant to happen it will....although the more I can help by putting myself out there the better, I guess.

It was a fun night...I met up with a girl I know who was buying my extra ticket, but eventually was just on my own. It was very crowded so dancing anywhere was fine and I was able to stay away from the packed dance floor. I left shortly before 2am. He was still going, but my feet were a bit sore and I was ready to leave. The 'drunk lunks' were getting harder to avoid and I am short and apparently not easily seen through beer goggles! I got jostled around a bit too much there at the end.

Diane, I like a lot of stuff, but this was a DJ that plays here in the summer at the Shambhala festival and is very well known and popular here. I heard it originally through my brother's girlfriend who is into that kind of music and discovered that I like a lot of it, especially for dancing. Now I know why there are so many people using drugs at 'rave' type events though...it would be almost impossible to dance as long as they do without some kind of help. It's an odd experience going to a bar sober....you realize there are not many other people there in the same state of mind!

Well I was hoping for a nice relaxing day off, but I just got called to work. Hopefully a short and sweet one and I can come home and putter. The sun is shining and with any luck it will kill off the last of the snow in the yard.

I stopped the progesterone yesterday, and today I got my period. In retrospect I maybe should have taken it one more day as it is day 28 today. I'm ok with that, just happy it's more normal! Now I have to decide whether to start as early this time. I started day 12, and wonder if I should push it back to day 14. Last time I tried to do that I bled before I could start the progesterone. Have to think about it some more.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Krista - I am very shy too but trying to do better. For me - what has made a huge difference is feeling a lot better about myself now that I have my weight under control. It just gives you so much more self confidence ...... but also - the last few years I really gravitate toward positive, motivated, kind people. That does a world of good to be around this kind of energy .....I don't have time for anything else these days.

16. endless

endless New Member

Caroline, I think that is what is making it harder for me right now is my weight gain/bloating from this BHRT....I feel very self conscious about my midsection and can't (won't) wear anything that shows it. I think that once that goes away I will be less reticent. I am still a few pounds heavier than my Ideal, but it's the puffy tummy that is making me reclusive.:(

So....I had great intentions for a 'me' day yesterday, but ended up going to work for a bit. While I was out I hit up the fish bus for some sockeye lox, so the outing was worth it. I came home and hit the trail for my run....but it was not without it's interruptions. I was stopped by an older gentleman who politely asked me if I could come into the hall where the AGM of our local co-op store was going on and sign something because they were short one member for a quorum or something. Too funny...I love rural living. So my dog and I went into the hall and signed so they could get on with the business at hand.

THEN my dog decided to head off by herself across the field to the river for a drink. I kept on going, confidant that she would catch up like she usually does. This time she was looking for me in the wrong direction, then got distracted by another person and dog and panicked because she couldn't find me. Since she's deaf, I couldn't call her, so all I could do was watch her scurrying around and then start heading home. So, I aborted my run and went to rescue her.

We stopped at the bridge for a drink (dog, not me) and I decided to test out the water. I can't believe I was thinking of getting in there, it is REALLY cold! I went in up to my knees, and staying in for 30 seconds took everything I had. My feet started aching immediately. I waited a bit and did it again, but that was all I could manage. Maybe I will try it later in my cycle...I'm thinking of what Gretchen said about CT being harder when progesterone is low.

I had a 'planned' cheat dinner last night. I've been off cheese for the most part for awhile now, so I picked up a gluten free pizza crust and made a pizza for dinner with the tomato sauce I made from my garden, some organic mozza, and veggies. Also had 2 glasses of red wine. I enjoyed it immensely and now I think I am good to go without anything cheesy-tomatoey for a good while. Was probably partly because of my period, I tend to crave that 'comfort food' then.

Today I will hit the gym if schedule allows, get my tax stuff to the accountant, and hopefully get some sun/grounding. Another sunny day!

17. endless

endless New Member

Well I discovered a new 'type' at the gym today, but kind of an odd one.....there was a lovely young woman there who I noticed because she was casually gliding around the weight room, stopping occasionally to pose...er..I mean stretch....in front of various mirrors. She was so obviously admiring herself that it was funny to watch. Didn't pick up a weight the entire time. It was pretty funny. Also funny was that while her shape was nice, it was obviously mostly due to genetics and diet, not fitness. She was very slim waisted (no excess cortisol) but had a booty on her like J-Lo (that she had proudly clad in tight sweats with 'vegan' blazoned across the top of her ass). I'm thinking lots of estrogen from all the soy in her diet. Top half was thin and pale, like most vegans I know. I swear, people watching at the gym is becoming the most entertaining part of my day!

Of course, I probably provide a lot of entertainment value myself, hauling up my yoga capris that have slid below my belly flab every time I do a running interval....:rolleyes:

18. endless

endless New Member

Another sunny day:) I'm appreciating each one, because I know that the rainy spring days are on the way. If it's warm enough I will think about doing some more yard work.

Had a slightly disturbing thing happen....I have been living in this rental for 1 1/2 years now, and for the first time since 2008 I have been feeling secure with my living space. I moved 7 times between April 2008 and July 2011. This place has been a dream come true, and I've made no bones about it to my landlords that as long as they are happy with me I am considering this a long term situation. Now I've been informed that my neighbors next door want to buy the piece of land that my house is on, and I feel pretty confidant that if they do, my time here will be over. I don't know what is going to happen for sure, but I am feeling a little less secure than I was. It is SO HARD to find an affordable rental for one person in my area, especially with my critters. I'm really hoping this sale does not happen, for my sake. It's frustrating to be in this situation, and being totally dependant on others for my living situation. Sucks to not be able to afford to buy a place to live.

I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's tough.

19. diane

diane Gold

Krista I hope it works out for you! Maybe the neighbours will buy it and still let you live there?

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I understand your situation completely. It is so much harder when you are on your own. I am sending you positive thoughts and some quantum energy....