1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. That's a great start!! :)

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

That's what I did the first time, although I tried to lie down and THAT lasted a split second. Yesterday I decided to just DO IT. Granted my water was warmer than your's by about 10° and that does make a difference. You might want to try THAT. My plan is to reduce the temperature gradually. 67 was no big deal. That's what my showers are so I'm used to it. Anyway. Good for you!

3. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks...I can't wait to see how much harder it is to get in when I am not all hot from laying in the sun!

I am so excited, I found whole frozen mackerel in the store today! Maybe I will try the MHS tomorrow morning.

4. Endless

Endless Guest

No MHS today.....I was short on time, plus I forgot to defrost. I had sauteed oysters for breakfast, scallop ceviche for lunch and scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner. I'm avoiding eggs but I got home late and was too hungry to not eat. It was a nice treat!

Okay, so I'm seriously a little worried....I think I am putting off a 'fishy' body odor. I had someone comment that my lunch cooler smelled like fish today, but I think it might have actually been me! That doesn't seem normal, I should look into it.

No CT today.....

5. Endless

Endless Guest

I am having a tough morning....terrible sleep (although I was dreaming of going around to different vendors collecting fish heads!) and I feel really achy this morning, mostly my elbows and shoulders. I've eaten potatos twice in the last week and last night I had eggs. I'm wondering if that is causing a flare up of inflammation.

I finally got webinar access, and listened to the epi paleo one last night. All it did is freak me out more :-( I haven't even tested yet, but I am expecting my hs CRP to be high and my thyroid antibodies to be high as well so I have been trying to proceed as if I have these results, but after listening to thar webinar I am kind of discouraged. It kind of sounds like if I do have Hashis that basically I'm headed for cancer or something. I'm really hoping to get this testing done asap so I can know what's going on.

So I'm forcing down the mussels and clams this morning and hoping for a better sleep tonight. Im sure I'll feel more positive after a better sleep.

6. Endless

Endless Guest

Oh, I forgot...I finally got a blood glucose meter. last night after dinner (about 2 hours after) it was 5.1 (91.8) This morning when I woke up it was 4.1 (73.8)

Not sure what the numbers mean or how often I should monitor...more reading ahead I guess!

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I've been wondering about the fishy odor, too :rolleyes: Do you start to smell like what you eat? In my experience, yes. Hmmm.

About the hashi's..... I agree that webinar was a bit much to take on the hashi's issue. I try to think positively about it.... if you know you have it and you are taking the correct measures to keep it at bay, then you are doing the right thing and probably still much less likely to get all of those bad diseases than someone who just ignores it and keeps on going with CW. But I agree. It sucks. May I quote Lauren here... there just isn't a cure for it *yet*.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

FBG is good. You want to be below 85.

9. Endless

Endless Guest

Oh good, I'm not the only one.....I do wonder if that is a good sign or not....maybe I'll get brave and 'Ask Jack'. It's a little embarrassing.

Thanks for the Bg input, I am such a newbie at this!

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Too much choline supps can cause fishy body odor as well.

11. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks, Souldanzer....I don't take any choline at the moment, must just be the diet. I really hope it's a temporary thing!

I don't understand the blood glucose thing at all....tested this morning right after getting up and it's 111! (6.2) WTF? I was caught in a position yesterday of being unable to eat properly in the evening, so I had beef jerky for dinner about 6pm, and didnt eat again, although my stomach was growling about midnight and I was pretty hungry. Maybe I should have had a snack, but I thought it was better to wait till breakfast. yesterday my reading was 73...that's a pretty big difference and |I have no idea why.

12. nate.reik@yahoo.com

nate.reik@yahoo.com New Member

Can you point me to the enzyme and gel products you use, Endless? Knowing what brands are actually working for you, etc would help!

13. Endless

Endless Guest

Nate, http://www.petzlife.com/catalog/oral-care-products.html and http://www.arknaturals.com/p/109/breath-less-plaque-zapper are what I use. The gel I put in their mouth with a syringe, but the spray might be easier. I had pieces of hard plaque just fall off one of my cats teeth after about a month of using it every day.

So I found canned cod liver from Iceland and decided to try it. Wow. It's good! It's 500 calories in one little can, too.50 grams of fat, 370mg of cholesterol. I guess eating the whole can might not be the best idea....

14. Endless

Endless Guest

I think having this BG meter is going to drive me crazy....I'm all over the place. So far:

Tues pm 2 hours after dinner 92 (5.1)

Wed am before eating 74 (4.1)

Wed 1 hr after eating 93 (5.2)

Thurs am before eating 111 (6.2)

Fri am before eating 102 (5.7)

I am not taking any meds so I don't know what the variable is, or whether it's a good sign/bad sign. Wondering about getting too much protein....I have been getting almost no carbs the last few days.

15. Endless

Endless Guest

Second CT bath today....this time I lowered right in, but I have an old shallow steel tub so my belly and breasts were high and dry. I decided to try and focus on getting the entire back up to my neck in this time. I did flop on my stomach for the last 5 minutes. Water was 58F out of the tap....I'm not ready to go colder yet. 30 minutes soaking and walked around naked for 2 hours afterwards. I didn't shiver but I had goosebumps for a long time.

16. Go slow with the ladies with plenty of detox time in between! I had the most unpleasantness with them in the 30 degree water. Major estrogen dump.

17. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't have them in the water for long today. I am still going to do more face dunking and try to do the baths 3 times a week to start. I can see this getting harder as it gets colder outside!

18. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Sounds like you're doing great! I used to wear a sports bra with ice down it when in the tub. The girls got numb pretty quick and it was pretty easy. After lots of CT, they are definitely smaller for sure! I can also attest to it getting much harder for me as winter approached. When it was warm outside I could crave cold water. But once it was zero degrees and snowing, I just wanted to be warm! Good luck...

19. Endless

Endless Guest

What a good idea! I will try that next time. I am hoping to see some shrinkage in that area for sure.

What I am struggling with is ambient temp vs the tub.....I'm trying to keep the house cooler than I used to, and wear less all the time. This then makes the thought of CT harder! I'm trying to decide whether to go with more clothes/warmer rooom/sun before I jump in the tub or not. I don't mind if it's cool after I get out, but being goosebump free before I get in seems to help.

FBG high again this morning....I need to find a list of reasons why that could be the case.

20. Endless

Endless Guest

I might have to investigate the possibility of getting some more fashionable blue blockers....I realized last night that there will be times, especially in winter, when I am still out working after dark, often in awful bright lighting. Even driving will expose me. Last night I was still out at 8pm doing a job at a gas station...for the drive home (1hr) I put on my sunglasses. It's too dark to be ideal for driving with those on though.

Got this in the email this morning....makes me worry more about my fbg....