1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Endless

Endless Guest

I've been reading, and reading, and reading some more for the past several months....now time to actually try to get through this reset. I really want to be on the other side, but the more I read the scarier it gets, with so many people dealing with AI issues and hormonal conundrums that seem to stretch it out for so long!

I'm reluctant to gain weight, when I am really anxious to LOSE 25 pounds. I'm reluctant to shell out the approximately $1000 I'll need to spend on testing, and if I'm lucky a consultation or two, and the other $1000 I will be spending on supplements and food. Reluctant only because I don't exactly have the money....if I spend it it will be adding to my debt load. Thinking of balancing the cost of the journey with the added financial stress, which is counterproductive......

Aaarrgghh. No more thinking. Just do the damn thing already.

Starting info:

Age 43

Height 5'1"

Weight 160

2. Endless

Endless Guest

Okay, I'm counting yesterday as day 1. Was half-assing it before that so no need to document it.

Breakfast 7am: leftover halibut (5-60z), half an avocado

Lunch 1pm: can of mackerel fillets in water, 1 tomato and 1/2 cucumber from the garden with TBSP balsamic, avocado oil, and TBSP goat feta. Followed by 2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (manna?)

Dinner 6:15pm 6oz sirloin steak with butter, I beef sausage, sauteed onion and zucchini (about 1 cup), 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt with stevia, another 2 tbsp coconut cream.

Drank LOTS of water yesterday. Put on my glasses at about 8pm...had the computer and tv on, both dimmed, and few lights in the house. Went to bed at 10pm. Woke once to pee, don't know what time as I kept my eyes closed. Woke again at 4:45am, really hungry! My stomach was aching....I think I ate way too much for dinner. Woke at 6am

Breakfast was filling, I was not hungry before 1pm, then not starving, just a good appetite. I WAS pretty hungry for dinner, and then I over ate. Maybe I need to add a bit more fat to lunch.

3. Endless

Endless Guest

Woke a couple times in the night...once to pee, and once because I was hungry. Any night waking makes me a little anxious because often I can't fall back asleep easily. My fire radio needed a battery change and that woke me up as well. Too much waking! I was a little groggy this morning, stayed in bed awake for about 20 minutes before getting up.

Breakfast 7:15am Thai style raw beef (prepped last night from 6oz sirloin and marinated overnight) and 1/2 avocado with 1/3 cup sauerkraut. Had a cup of dark roast Yerba Mate (blended with chicory) with a lot of coconut milk. Hope that's enough fat to keep me satisfied till this afternoon.

4. Endless

Endless Guest

First CT....I know I'm supposed to do it at sunrise or after dinner, but I felt like doing it now...it's only 3 hours after breakfast. I did the face dunks, in 50 degree water.

16sec

24sec

32sec

39sec

29sec

37sec

38sec

I couldn't find anywhere in the quick start guide where it says how much total time to shoot for per session. I don't have a skin thermometer, so I took a little break in between dunks, too, about 30 seconds.

I like it!

5. Endless

Endless Guest

So it occurred to me as I was gathering up the bedroom throw rugs yet AGAIN to wash off the bloodstains left by my cats breakfast carnage...I was the last holdout in my household to a raw food diet!

Well, semi-raw. My 3 cats, dog, and snake are all 100%, but I will continue to eat some of my food cooked for now. Not quite ready for the fish head smoothie....although that thai raw beef was really yummy. I'm going to make the rest of those raw meat recipes in the cookbook too. I'd like to shoot for one meal a day consisting of raw seafood or meat.

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Endless. Enjoy the journey!

Sounds like you are doing very well with the face dunks. When I'm in my 55F bath, I turn over and put my face in for a few seconds (about 20) and repeat 2 or 3 times. No need for a skin thermometer.

Testing right now would be nice, as a baseline for comparison later on. Maybe just vitaminD, and HS-CRP (cardiac). But you can also just see how your body responds to what you are doing. Depending on your previous diet and your current health, you could see results fairly quickly.

Psyche likes this.
  7. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks, Nonchalant!

I actually did sign up for the email special, and Jack suggested some tests for me as well as strong suspicion of Hashimoto's and perimenopause. I'm in Canada, so some of the testing is not as easy to get (or at least costs more) so I am in the process of trying to get as much as I can for the least $$, so I'll be able to afford to retest.

I decided to go ahead and start the reset anyway, and hopefully the thyroid/hormone issues won't hinder me too much! Fingers crossed.

8. You'll do yourself more good than harm with the reset, so that's great that you started it. You have to follow the AI protocol, especially if you suspect Hashis. Cutting the eggs, I felt much better within a few days! I miss them bc it was cheap BAB, but I feel like a complete different person and have so much more energy, I wouldn't go back. I know it's more expensive to eat that way, but so worth it. Try to find a place in the States where you can pick up suplpements, it would be cheaper. Eat sardines and mackerel in cans, it really cheap. I eat horse meat in the morning since I can't afford (and can't find much) grass-fed meat. It's lean, no anti-biotics, and very cheap. I eat fish and selfish at night, loading my freezer when they are in special.

Embrace this journey toward a healthier you :)

K

9. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks for the tips! I have been keeping my eyes open for good deals on seafood already....

Today I bought 4 fresh salmon for $30! I skinned, deboned and sliced 2 for jerky, and froze the other two. Also found scallops, prawns, mussels and 'seafood medley' in the freezer section on sale. I already have smelts, sqid and sole in the freezer, so with today;s haul I should be set for awhile as long as I use the canned stuff once in awhile.

Lunch was a bit of a bust.....I was planning to go for sashimi but ran out of time and had to leave for a work call. Picked up a package of smoked salmon at the grocery store along with my fish haul and ate it on the road.

Dinner was cod with 1/2 an avocado and 1/2 a cucumber, followed by 1TBSP coconut cream for dessert. I actually had a tiny glass (4oz) of red wine but could have done without.

Did my face dunks again tonight, water 48 to start, warmed to 55 by the time I was done.

29sec

35sec

43sec

42sec

43sec

37sec

39sec

I don't find them that hard....hope the rest of my body is as cooperative!

No snacking again today, no problem....although right now I'd love a mate with coconut milk!

10. nate.reik@yahoo.com

nate.reik@yahoo.com New Member

What are you feeding the cats and the dog, out of curiosity?

11. Endless

Endless Guest

Good morning!

Nate, I buy a commercially made raw food for them. The cats alternate lamb and chicken, and my dog gets chicken meal plus chicken necks for breakfast. In the fall I get her chicken feet and heads from when people butcher and she eats those frozen for treats. last year I got a big bag of lamb livers and hearts from my neighbor, but this year I will eat them myself!

The cats supplement themselves with mice (hence the bedroom floor carnage) and my snake eats live mice.

12. Endless

Endless Guest

[​IMG]

Breakfast today....other people splurge on eggs benny!

13. Endless

Endless Guest

Last night was the darkest yet....no tv and I FINALLY got f.lux to install on my computer. I broke out the candles. Found myself not as sleepy as usual, I wonder if the face dunks had anything to do with it? Was in bed by 10, probably asleep by 10:30. Woke up to my stupid radio chirping again...I have to get a new battery next week at practice, this is unacceptable. Managed to wake up and change it, plus a bathroom break, with eyes closed and I did fall back asleep quickly so that's good.

Woke at 6, opened the blinds and went outside for a minute. 4C!!! No! It's too early! I'm not ready for summer to be over:(

Still waiting for the sun to come up so I can look at it..lol Wondering how this will all work in winter when it doesn't get light here until 8am! I can't sleep 16 hours a day, but that's how long it will be dark outside in midwinter.

I had a cup of mate with cocnut milk this am....I wonder if that's a no-no with my shrimp and avocado breakfast.

I'm spending a lot of time reading threads....and I'm absolutely impressed by the level of knowledge here! I can't even follow a lot of the conversations about dosages of this and that, and timing and readings....I guess once I get my own labs done and get started I might be able to join in. I'm trying to read the blogs and get caught up, but the webinars are out of my budget right now, it's either that or the shrimp!

14. Endless

Endless Guest

Happy 6 months smoke-free to me....think I'll celebrate with some smoked oysters and a cucumber:)

15. Endless

Endless Guest

Feeling wiped out this evening for some reason....I had a bit of indigestion after my lunch and then got really sleepy. I ate dinner anyway, I'm afraid if I don't I'll wake up in the night hungry. I'm supposed to go to a music festival later but I sure don't feel like it. It'll screw up my light exposure too, even though it's outside.

Wonder how wearing my UVEX would go over.....

16. Endless

Endless Guest

Well, that was not an ideal night.....

I made chicken curry for dinner...from reading it sounds like I may go off chicken at some time in the future, but for now I have a lot of it in the freezer so I'm going to use it.

Finally decided to go take in the music festival with some of my family. I started out wearing my orange lenses, but it was just too damn hard to see anything, so I took them off. It was a dark night, but the lighted areas were pretty bright (vendors, etc...) so I kind of screwed up the circadian rhythm for the night. I left about midnight, got into bed by 12:30 but couldn't sleep for awhile.

My lower back and hips were just aching last night! I'm noticing an increase in inflammation, my elbows are hurting too. I'm staying away from eggs, dairy (have used a bit of butter) and nightshades, hopefully it's temporary.

Managed to sleep till 8, and got my breakfast in on time, sitting outside in the sun.

[​IMG]

Tried the Korean style raw beef this time. I like the Thai better so far, but it was pretty tasty.

This might be the last good beach day, so the mutt and I will spend some time at the river later. I don't know what the river temp is, but I'll have a long soak, maybe it'll help my sore back and joints!

17. I've noticed a steady and gradual change in what I actually "want" to eat. From a year ago I would have shed a little tear thinking "you are going to quit eating chicken for the most part, and then will eat liverwurst, and only eat seasonal veggies. . . .and on."

I think our tastes change over time so it's easier done than said!

18. Endless

Endless Guest

I think you're right, Cavemam...I've already noticed a change in my tastes. I just hope the chicken stays palatable for awhile... I buy all my meat for the year in advance and I have 10 chickens in the freezer plus some livers!

I am getting SO frustrated trying to find a place to get the labs done!!!!! Why the hell does it have to be so much harder in Canada?

Once I saw the Life Extension site I wanted to order from them because they have it all, but I can't. So I checked with ZRT...they have some of it but not everything I want. Same with Rocky Mountain Analytical.

So I can order from Eudamonia on my practitioner account and get;

Female Hormone+Adrenal (saliva) Cx4, Dhea, E2, Pg, T for $325.00 What about prometrium?

And if I go for the Adrenal only, it's just Cx4....no Dhea for $195.00

ZRT has:

Female Blood Profile II : E2, Pg, T, Dhea, C x1, shbg, TSH, Ft3, Ft4, TPO....what about the thyroglobulin, reverse t3 and preometrium??

Cardiometabolic Profile: Insulin, hsCRP, HbA1c, TG, Ch, LL, HDL, VLDL

I don't want to shell out all this money if I'm not getting enough info for it:confused:

Rocky Mountain Analytical DOES have an Omega 3 score that sounds interesting if it isn't too expensive.

What Dr. Kruse suggested for me was COMPLETE thyroid panel, with TPO and anti-throglobulin and rT3, complete female hormone, Vit d, HS-CRP, cortisol/dhea.

I wonder if I could make an appt for a blood draw in Spokane and if they would do it....then I might be able to use Life Extension instead....

19. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

So true. I used to eat turkey quite often for lunch, but now it's sardines, and that is what I find myself wanting. I also don't finding myself at all interested in baked goodies when I walk through that part of the grocery store. Is it our gut bacteria that are now instructing our brains to eat the good stuff???

20. Endless

Endless Guest

Oh, I hope so....I'm reading about the gut flora a lot and worried that I might be populated with a bunch of nasty little beasts!

Spent the late afternoon at the river....had my can of mackerel, cucumber and kombucha for lunch and then tried a little river CT. It wasn't very cold, about 65, but I got goosebumps so hopefully it was somewhat beneficial. Stayed in 25 min, to the extreme puzzlement of my dog.

My salmon jerky turned out great! I vaccuum sealed it and the dehydrated zucchini 'noodles' I made. They make a kick-ass lasagna...that is if I can ever eat tomatos or cheese again! It's all going into my SHTF stores anyway, for now.

Dinner was mussels on the half shell (came frozen like that) cooked in avocado oil, garlic and water. I also ate avocado and some sauteed mushroom and onion (in avo oil as well).

Eating out tomorrow night, hopefully it goes well!