1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin receptors

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Anna, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Hi
    Was hoping @JackKruse might be able to answer my question, if not, hopefully someone who is knowledgable maybe able to help.

As we all know, we are not born with leptin receptors but rather, this is passed to us by our mother's breast milk.

My query is this - if we were not breastfed in our early days, how do we acquire leptin hormone receptors?

Thanks
    Cheers
    Anna

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not true........we are born with the receptor.......we get leptin to set the receptor from our mother's milk. It is the software that loads the hardware tow work based upon the field it finds itself in........to tell the child how energy is or is not present........to survive.

3. Anna

Anna New Member

Oh thanks so much @JackKruse for replying - so the receptor that we are born with is in the cellulor level? and the leptin is the hormone that we get from the mother's milk that activates the receptor?
    So if I have this correct, how does the receptor get set then if we are bottle fed and not breastfed?
    Thanks for taking the time to help me understand this more.
    Cheers
    Anna

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it appears that the leptin molecule itself sets the receptor when it arrives in the brain from the mother's milk. The details of the molecular mechanism is not yet known.

5. Anna

Anna New Member

Cheers, thanks @JackKruse for taking the time to respond - such an interesting discovery re leptin and I will continue to read and learn from any new research that becomes available.