1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

lemon/dill/cauliflower sauce

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Coldsnow, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Coldsnow

Coldsnow New Member

this one borders on a soup but can easily go into the sauce world. Its my girlfriends
    invention; Marisol, so she gets the credit - the sauce muse is speaking

http://www.marisolkim.com/

-----

a cup of steamed cauliflower
    lots of lemon juice, fresh with some zest peal - like a lot of lemon
    sea salt
    lots of dill
    cilantro
    diced ginger simmered in a pan of butter with tumeric and black pepper
    till things are soft; really soft and you can smell.

When the flavors come together in this one it's like a music; like a stringed section on the Clifford
    Brown L.P. - i really love to go overboard with the herbs though

*i like the dance with the dill on the fish but you can sub for rosemary or really any herb
    as the cauliflower is a great vehicle for various flavors

* you can easily take out the dill and add curry paste and serve on chicken; jus sayin
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are inspiring me Coldsnow [and Marisol] .....to do more.
  3. Coldsnow

Coldsnow New Member

It's really all her Caroline and things really work better when i follow her
    lead (funny how that works) let me know what style of food you like or whats in
    season and i'll run it by her - she used to have a catering company - amazing stuff
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

We really need some simpler ways of doing stuff on the road. Last night we tried something we had heard on the radio.

Place salmon fillets in a bowl and fill with boiling water, cover with saran wrap and leave for ten minutes. It was beautiful. next time I will put some aromatics in the bowl with the salmon. This time I put some coriander stocks in with the salmon.

Then I made a slurry of coriander and basil and coconut aminos and MCT oil and also a tiny bit of honey.

Somehow I have to learn how to live without my magic bullet on the road!
    ValerieBee likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Silver

same goes for caroline
    she had reastaurant, IIRC.
    Jude likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

nothing escapes you - does it Jan!
    drezy and Jude like this.
  7. ole Caroline - that's a wild job at catering - say here is the new sauce

GREEN chili, oyster, coconut sauce (meant for squash)

- saute ginger and green chili's
    add coconut milk
    salt pepper
    add shitake mushrooms

add oysters at end so not to cook that long

its best if you add a ton of green chilis and for some reason this dish works or
    my taste buds are just real loose I don't know
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks James - that sounds yummy. What else are you working on?????
  9. I got some bone broth recipes coming down the pipe also a new array of vegan dishes with andouille sausage and
    bison and salmon cuts - gotta keep the vegans on their toes; hell maybe even eat a couple of their toes and let
    them know planet earth wasn't always a goji berry wonderland of whole foods outlets everywhere. I got accosted at
    our local health food store today for eating bacon by one of those older hippies with an afro of grey hair. Only a vegan
    would come up to you and say something as your loading your plate; I mean the nerve. Maybe Jack's new sauce book
    could have a chapter on 'how to deal with vegans' maybe even a schematic of the neuro chemicals that are misfiring and
    the lack of DHA. We can't blame em; it's probably dry as bone upstairs - why else would anyone turn in their Mongolian leather
    wallet for a Velcro wallet; I know people who have done that. Sorry Caroline, that turned into a minor rant; but seriously
    I think there is a sizable market for offending vegans with a cookbook; let's work on this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

You make me laugh ........

okay - I need camping recipes. one pan things maybe - gotta conserve water at all costs!

and then there is washing my hair ..... how's that gonna work?????
  11. Coldsnow

Coldsnow New Member

alright - can you keep these pans cold?
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

yes! we have a fridge in the camper and a fridge in the 4x4
    great food is our priority!
  13. Caroline I would do a Jambalya with lots of ginger and Baked ziti or squash lasagna
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks James!
  15. Just Breathe

Just Breathe New Member

In a cooking class I took, a chef used the same trick for asparagus. Dump boiling water into a bowl filled with asparagus. Asparagus will never over cook that way.
    caroline likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I always do snow peas that way. good idea
    Just Breathe likes this.