1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leather soles

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Flawed, May 5, 2016.

1. Flawed

Flawed New Member

Hey,

So all it takes to ground is leather soles and cotton socks on bare ground?

If so i'll pay a visit to a cobbler. Is there anything i need to bear in mind for this like the type of shoe that i'm putting the leather sole on or is it as simple as it sounds?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I dont wear socks or make sure the socks are cotton

seanb4 and Flawed like this.
  3. Butters

Butters New Member

All it takes... You just have to find some leather soles and they need to be connected to the whole shoe. But buying leather only shoes help.
    Jack, do you always wear your cowboy boots? In the heat too? Or do you have some leather "greek style" sandals? Im just curious... ;)

Flawed likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have lots of grounding shoes. Some have copper plugs directly into the leather soles.

seanb4 likes this.
  5. Bjclifto

Bjclifto Gold

6. Butters

Butters New Member

What do you do against the lesser friction? I just got some pair of full leather sandals and thats the part the is actually new. Or does it fade over time?
    Id like to get a pair of mocassins, but it seems there are only kautschuc soles.

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Not sure, rain is deadly in leather soles. I got some leather sole shoes from the site above however the soles completely wore through after 4 months of use. Pretty disappointing considering the price...

8. Butters

Butters New Member

The people 60 years ago only wore leather soles I think. They still live. I also read that ruffing the bottom with sandpaper or just on concrete helps. I feel more butt contraction with leather shoes :D Also I think good men shoes dont look so good without leather soles. Also economically leather shoes provide local work for shoe makers - win - win, more handmade stuff, less big firms.

9. Flawed

Flawed New Member

10. Mihaly Safran

Mihaly Safran New Member

home made huaraches! simple and very comfortable for everyday use or hiking as well... c705ebba-874e-45e6-a936-2d78f1fdb73b.jpg

Phosphene and fitness@home like this.
  11. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

well done! what did you attach the laces with please? I paid a fortune for some sandals which look the same.

12. Mihaly Safran

Mihaly Safran New Member

Thanks! Simple, there are 7 holes on the sole, the laces go through them. Here is all you need: leather soles a bit wider than your feet, laces about 140-150 cm long, a scalpel, a leather punch

Attached Files:

JanSz, Lahelada and Jenny S like this.
  13. Alper

Alper New Member

Suppose I don´t get proper leather shoes.Is there any chance to use something like a copper wire and rubber soles to connect to the earth? I think it´s really hard to ground during the winter in Germany. Any suggestions?

14. shah78

shah78 Gold

Google :diy grounding shoes.

15. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

16. Flawed

Flawed New Member

yh, i found the same. Wouldn't recommend soft star

seanb4 likes this.
  17. Flawed

Flawed New Member

Guys what do you make of this:
    "Yes our Goodyear welted leather soles are 100% leather, as are the insoles. However, in the construction of our Goodyear welted footwear we also use a natural granulated cork filler with a bonding agent placed in-between the sole and the insole for comfort"

d'you think these will allow me to ground?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cork allows grounding.

Butters likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. Flawed

Flawed New Member

great, i thought it might. I am worried about the "bonding agent" though