1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

leather sole shoes -- worth it?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Eve, May 24, 2013.

1. Eve

Eve New Member

Is there a point to wearing leather sole shoes if the ground I mainly walk on during the day is concrete (e.g., parking lots) or inside an office? I don't have the opportunity to walk on grass (even in shoes) during the day.
    Also, it rains a lot here and leather soles are slippy, lol.
    Btw, at home, I'm barefoot pretty much all the time.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love my leather soled shoes - I've got some really good one's that I need to go take the anti-skid off of them to protect the shoe - so I can ground more when walking around.

anything is better than nothing...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you ground on concrete......just not hard tops with petrochemicals......you dont need grass all the time.

4. Gary William Murphy

Gary William Murphy New Member

Thanks for the info... I have been aware of the concrete being conductive especially if wet. SO I am going all leather soles from here on in. I'm a recent discoverer of the Bio Hacking Culture. So this shoe thing is just one of my bucket list items I want to change. I just did some searching on some leather soled dress shoes from Johnston & Murphy. They answered my inquiry said that many of there shoes are leather and sent me a link. Does anyone know or have experience with this brand or another brand of dress shoes or casual at that matter with leather soled shoes. I think it would be important to ask if the shoe is all leather, even the inside lining. I think it might be OK to have the heal be solid man-made materials if the sole and interlining of the shoes be completely 100% leather. What say you?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have several of their shoes but do not like the fit. I am a Donald Pliner fan.

6. Anne V

Anne V Gold

for slippery, take a knife and crisscross the sole couples of time