1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

leaning and building muscle

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Michael Phils, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Michael Phils

Michael Phils New Member

As many know ive lost a lot of fat and gained quite a bit of muscle but next phase is to lean out fully and continue with the muscle growth but not extreme just lean and firm.

Have added hcg to my current protocol so will update everyone on how that goes.

Also looking at carb backloading. I dont eat many carbs but interested in the concept of high glycemic foods post workout in conjunction with my high protein shake (3 raw eggs and coconut oil avoiding whey and bcass as per jacks advice). Is this a good idea ?

Not sure to be honest and appreciate others thoughts
  2. Michael Phils

Michael Phils New Member

Just looked through some old threads and seems like high carbs post workout are really not that necessary. Hormones the key.
    Danco3636, Jacob Griffin and caroline like this.
  3. Michael Phils

Michael Phils New Member

Caroline maybe not the right question for here but im a silver member how do I grt this updated for here ? I can send a private pm with my personal details if necessary
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Not sure what you are asking me .... I just sent you a pm..
    do you want to update to Gold?
  5. oceanwild

oceanwild New Member

ok. r u willing gain muscle, but not that much. the supplement L-Carnitine should be fit for u. can help to reduce the water and muscle at the same time when reducing body fat and weight. as u dont wanna gain muscle too much. u could take it for 2 or 3 times a week, cheers.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

why take carnitine when it is in foods we eat?
    Danco3636 likes this.
  7. oceanwild

oceanwild New Member

"The body makes sufficient carnitine to meet the needs of most people. For genetic or medical reasons, some individuals (such as preterm infants), cannot make enough, so for them carnitine is a conditionally essential nutrient" I were the info on /ods.od.nih.gov/ web.
    Healthy children and adults do not need to consume carnitine from food or supplements, as the liver and kidneys produce sufficient amounts from the amino acids lysine and methionine to meet daily needs [1-3]. The Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) of the National Academies (formerly National Academy of Sciences) reviewed studies on the functions of carnitine in 1989 and concluded it was not an essential nutrient [3]. The FNB has not established Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs)—including a recommended dietary allowance (RDA)—for carnitine [4].
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Its all about light..
    Alex97232 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And deuterium.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

What blog should I read to learn about deuterium?