1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leaky Gut -My positivity is coming back

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Danny, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

I offered it up to Stella, but she probably won't be able to make it.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

You probably don't have enuf fine tequila at your house! and maybe you don't stock Cuban cigars??? lol

3. Danny

Danny New Member

lol

4. Danny

Danny New Member

When switching from high carb to low carb a basic observation people have is that they drop a few pounds very quickly. They know this as water weight. You carry water weight when you eat carbs. I would imagine this water is all throughout your tissues in your body. Doesn't water slow light down? You would only want to slow light down in a strong light environment so your body can use as much of the powerful sun as it can. Eating carbs in a low light environment lowers quantum yield of sunlight and therefore lowers the energy you make from the sun.

5. Danny

Danny New Member

I read a book, "Paddle To The Amazon", about a father and son's canoe trip from Winnipeg Canada to South America. I thought I'd make some quantum notes about the book.

The son grew up w/ asthma and was dependent on his asthma meds. He made a conscious effort to try and go w/o his meds. In the beginning of the trip he suffered. After a few months he no longer suffered the effects of his asthma. They started the trip in late spring and for most of the two year journey they were outside 100% of the time. After the trip he went back to canada and now lives in Iowa. While he no longer uses meds he still has troubles w/ his asthma since going back to civilization at a northernly latitude.

From May until November they traveled from Canada down the Mississippi into the Gulf of Mexico. They wintered in Veracruz Mexico for about 3 months. Up until this point the father's journal entries were pretty mundane. The book was based on the father's journal. Then something interesting happened. His attitude and outlook on life changed and was reflected in his writings. You could attribute it to the trip by itself, but his entries changed in perspective and attitude sharply from October to November. From November to late Jan they stayed in Veracruz Mexico. Quotes from journal entries while staying in Veracruz: "I can't seem to get enough of the sea and have been spending up to six or seven hours a day snorkeling. I've wanted to do this all my life and am truly in my glory." "Our lives have become pleasantly routine, and I often feel I could stay (in Veracruz) forever." "Diving gives me a physical and psychological high unlike any I've ever experienced." Here he was talking about free diving for treasure in 15 to 25ft of water a couple hundred yards off shore.

The next hiatus from there trip came the following January where they house sat a mansion in Columbia. They spent the most of the time indoors watching tv and eating. The journal entries were much more depressing in nature.

When down in Central and south america they could eat enormous amounts of fruits and sugars w/o skipping a beat. B/t the two of them they ate almost 60 bananas in one sitting (he didn't remark on the size of the bananas). Also, during one trip inland while the canoe was "docked" they stopped a food stand for something to drink. They were extremely thirsty, there was no water, and so they each drank about 9 cans of soda in less than an hour..

These are just a few of the notes. The story of their journey was a fascinating read.

Inger, caroline and shah78 like this.
  6. Danny

Danny New Member

"Light Radiation and You" by John Ott - "Today the lighting in virtually all research laboratories is still the responsibility of the janitor and is classified as ordinary building maintenance." What a profound statement... lighting as "ordinary building maintenance".

cantweight, caroline, NeilBB and 2 others like this.
  7. shah78

shah78 Gold

YES, an amazing statement. :(

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Fascinating because you know so much more/better now! I wonder what you would have thought if you had read that book a few years ago???

9. Danny

Danny New Member

Good point. I would definitely not have understood the details and significance of the mechanisms at play. BTW, John Ott's ordinary observations are blowing my mind. Good stuff.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is such a great book ...simple and to the point!

11. Danny

Danny New Member

12. Danny

Danny New Member

13. shah78

shah78 Gold

14. Danny

Danny New Member

If you don't know how to slow things down, life/mother nature will do it for you and it won't be pretty.

Lahelada and caroline like this.
  15. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

True, but surely if you combine the two, you will get better results. I have started messing with methylfolate and b12 again and noticed vast improvements in gastroparesis and particularly heart problems.

Danny and shah78 like this.
  16. shah78

shah78 Gold

COULDN'T AGREE MORE. However my statement still stands. THOSE PEOPLE NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE /OR COMPUTER. :(

seanb4 and Danny like this.
  17. Danny

Danny New Member

FWIW, 100$ a month is not chump change, but I figure my membership, over the past year, has saved me about a grand in supplements!

Inger likes this.
  18. Danny

Danny New Member

My wife has been amazing throughout this whole quantum journey... the only way I can truly repay her is take her on this journey with me

shah78 likes this.
  19. Danny

Danny New Member

20. Danny

Danny New Member

Tulum Beach

Attached Files: