1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LDL Cholesterol Level

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Allin, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Allin

Allin New Member

I seem to recall Jack said something like, "when LDL dropped below 200 it was not a good thing." I can't find the blog where I read that. I keep reading in the data from the "medical community" that LDL above 100 is not optimal. Of course not many are talking about LDL particle size A and B either. Anyone?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Allin. If my total cholesterol were to drop back below 200 I would be concerned. Lower cholesterol levels (like lower levels of vitamin D, cholesterol's cousin) are bad news and could lead to diseases including cancer.
    A better thing for the medical community to say would be that damaged (oxidized) LDL above 100 is not optimal.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.