1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LBV's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by labellavita, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

shiran likes this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Labellavita,

I am just putting my 2 cents in here from my own experience and just saying I would not take it again from how it made me feel and after reading on here and I use to take a lot of other supplements (I use to be the supplement Queen) and the only thing I use once in a while is iodine but after it runs out no more for now. If you count borax and epsom salt bath. Since starting Dr. K sun, grounding, blue blockers, and my environment.. getting better each day Thanks to Dr. Kruse. I also read if I read it correctly melatonin supplement increases estrogen.

3. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

Biohacking tip #722: taking oral melatonin might be a real bad idea. Why? Oral melatonin is an inhibitor of retinal dopamine production. If you use it for sleep you might be lowering ocular dopamine and frontal lobe dopamine levels leading to circadian disorders may affect cone functioning. What else? Dopamine controls hormone release from the pituitary so you lose control of your hormones. How do we know this is true? Bio hack the impact of oral melatonin usage on your cone response and the regeneration of your retina using electroretinography (ERG). You might be shocked at the results.

Emma Sabin and Danny like this.
  4. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you all. I never wanted to take the melatonin, just wanted to understand it better along with cytochrome-c because it plays a roll in the blood cancer that I had. I am swimming in data and jargon and while I'm learning a lot, still have dots to connect. MM remissions are unstable and most lose their remission and I don't want to be one of those people.

"researchers added melatonin to cultures of human leukemia cells and found that it efficiently reduced the number of cells. Not only that, but the longer they exposed the cells to melatonin, the faster they died. And the higher the dose of melatonin, the faster they were killed. How did melatonin do it?

It did it by causing the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria of the cancer cells. Cytochrome c is what cells use to stimulate apoptosis."
    Also...

"The other thing melatonin did was to increase the production of the pro-apoptotic factor Bax. Many cancer cells lack the Bax factor, and can avoid apoptosis that way. The amazing thing is that melatonin restored apoptosis in these cancer cells."

This is why I shared the article, because I wanted to understand cytochome-c better and what else could I do? And of course increasing my melatonin via sun exposure.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thanks, Josh, I find this interesting as my thyroid seems to be pretty out of control. VERY high dose, the kind that can make drs take a double-take. No answer has been given to help me or explain it. Also my pituitary is screaming for more TSH because I'm not absorbing it well (I think that was how it was explained to me a few years ago, it was a few years ago). I think one dr called it "pituitary resistance to thyroid hormone."

6. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, Jack, I read it yesterday and will reread it again. Printing it out.

7. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Been enjoying these more comfortable cooler temps, and by that I mean 60s and 70s, not into cold-cold weather yet except for an odd day here and there so far. I bring a card table outside and there I work on my projects, in the sun, with bare feet for a few hours. Been waiting for these temps and am loving it. My dog sits nearby enjoying it too. I purchased a kiddie swimming pool at Target on clearance because I want to begin CT but I see here that I should start with ice on my torso first, and then build up before I get into the water. Is this still the current recommendation for getting CT gong?

https://www.jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-easy-start-guide/

I am not strict keto, have been waiting for the temps to cool down before I started, now I'm wondering if I should I do that for a couple of weeks before beginning CT? Just want to do this right. Thank you!

P.S. Things that I am hoping to improve, OK, looks like I'm up for most on the list:

Lower body fat
    Increase hormone levels
    Reproductive fitness!
    Fertility

Reverse diabetes
    Cut food cravings
    Kill fat permanently
    Strengthen adrenal function
    Fix thyroid disorder
    Super immune function
    Deep sleep
    Pain management
    Sense of well being and better attitude
    Cut visceral fat first
    Promote cessation of eating disorders

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  8. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Read this article stating how EMFs increase heat shock proteins but then read other studies such as this one where EMFs decrease HSP70. Is there really a conundrum here or is my non-scientist brain missing something? Besides the point of not finding full agreement on the effects of EMFs increasing or decreasing heat shock proteins (because in the end it will not affect my behavior, I will continue working on lowering my exposure), my next focus was do HSPs play a role in Multiple Myeloma and it appears that HSP70 plays a major role in most cancers, including Multiple Myeloma. So logically my next question was how do we reduce this activation of HSP70?

Jack, I have a question for you, hoping that you see this... I've been looking into what you have written about HSP70 in the past and here on Facebook you state:

"Dr. Jack Kruse
    June 15 ยท
    The number one reason cold works is due to HSP70 and the circadian oscillators. Cooling helps augment all these effects because cooling changes the density of water and more electrons are present in water as it cools and this helps form a massive redox pile of electrons that are used to run biochemical reactions in a cell. Cooling has another critical effect on proteins in the cell. The peptide linkage is composed of 6 atoms that lie in a plane like a rigid rod. This is a requirement for a pendulum oscillator system that the eye clock uses to control the SCN. The central C-N bond has some double bond attributes and is chemically very rigid. It is made more rigid by cooling. This process is known as resonance stabilization and is critcally important in determining the 3-D conformation of polypeptides in cells. Cooling stimulates heat shock protein 70. HSP 70 is key in maintaining this rigid relationship between the peptide bond while allowing side chains to be frely moveable in the frictionless sea of water inside a cell during activities of daily living when the sun is out. This is critical in the timing mechanism in cells, especially the SCN. Both cold thermogenesis and heat stress are capable of stimulating HSP 70 to maintain this pendulum function in protein side chains to make the timing mechanism link to the sun and dark cycle. It points out why temperature is closely related to the control mechanisms built into circadian biology oscillation and why using cold and heat (Fournier effect) can help reset or entrain a broken oscillator."

I want to get out and get cold. Is there something that I need to be aware of with a history of cancer? I believe the upside to CT would outweigh any risks, I just want to understand this better. Thank you so much.

heat shock proteins playing a role in MM
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24675290
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3778988/?report=printable

9. labellavita

labellavita New Member

10. labellavita

labellavita New Member

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

While reading remember that it was written 16 years ago.
    Compare it whit what you find on CignatureHealth web site that hopefully contains fresher information.

12. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, JanSz!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  13. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Bought a Cornet ED85EXS Meter, am not sure exactly what I'm doing but I'm trying to learn.

My house is 800'/243m from a cell tower. I am including a photo of the tower.

Here are my readings, not sure which is the best unit of measure so I'm including both:

mW/m2:
    average reading: 0.05-5, typically under 1
    peaked at 27.66
    (got in the car and tested nearer the tower, reading was up to 152. :eek: I pass this tower every time I head towards the shopping area 4.5 miles from my house, which includes a mall, restaurants, Costco, Home Depot, etc. Next time I am out I will measure the other towers that I pass supporting the density near this shopping area and the interstate)

V/M
    average reading: .07-0.9
    peaked at 3.2
    (got in the car and tested nearer the tower, reading was up to 18)

This is the chart that I'm using to interpret the results. https://www.lessemf.com/standard.html
    According to this chart the numbers at the high end put my situation at Considerable Concern. I really don't want to try to shield, I just want to move, but I'll ask anyway, is this shield-able? The highest readings are when I'm in my EMF-SUV driving past the tower which really stinks and is unshield-able I'd think. Been looking at Jeeps and Land Cruisers that are almost 50 years old, but I digress...

And of course I wonder/worry how bad is this for my kids who have been growing up next to this tower their whole lives and what about when we are outside getting sun and grounding (I make them do it)?

I just need the truth, the whole truth. Thank you.

(oh, and about the photo, my house is the 3rd house behind my vehicle, distance-wise, I just stopped in the street to take the photo)

Attached Files:

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

where do you live? sorry I don't remember......

Have you listened to Jack's two Vermont talks? and another one coming..... very soon

Are you a gold member? The monthly live Q&A's are really important - along with everything else of course!

labellavita likes this.
  15. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I know that I don't post here much, just stressed and overwhelmed. Caroline, I had joined for a few months but had to cancel. I am trying to move and it looks like I'll be leaving my husband behind. He seemed to be open to moving but has since dug his heals in. "Nothing is going to make me move, not even 5G. I don't believe those meters anyway."

I won't tell you what I thought of that but I am sure that you can guess.

With my medical history I feel that I am fighting for my life so I am done with this.

Recent readings:

Attached Files:

16. drezy

drezy Gold

Wait what are those numbers from? Right next to a phone or wifi router?

labellavita likes this.
  17. labellavita

labellavita New Member

My phone was on the end of my desk. 2-3' away, computer nearby, for the 1004 reading. But I measure here all of the time (along with other places in my house) and have never seen it that high. Usually it varies between 1-10, sometimes lower, but usually in the under 10 range. I haven't measured in a while so I brought my meter out again and that is when I saw the spikes over 100 and over 200. Maybe I wasn't leaving my meter on long enough before but I had not seen numbers that high. Now I've seen those readings in the afternoon and even at midnight when the router and tv were turned off. Even tested at 3 in the morning when I woke up and just had to test, it was over 100 then also. Our router is on a timer, there were no computers/tv/lights/etc turned on. But we do live 800' from a cell tower. What would it be blasting when usage should be low at 3 am?

18. drezy

drezy Gold

Whoa. That's sky high.

labellavita likes this.