1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LBV's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by labellavita, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You might want to look at my instagram account. New quote on PTSD right there.

2. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I saved it, thank you!

3. labellavita

labellavita New Member

(kind of reiterating what I wrote previously, so please bear with me, just want to get it all out in one cohesive thought as a jump off point to posting more regularly)

I've seen various lists of ways to naturally increase dopamine levels, I was wondering, are some ways more efficient to raise dopamine levels, and do some ways work faster than others? Not to take the fun out of dopamine...

Newest labs, thyroid levels aren't perfect but are MUCH better than they were. Went from a TSH of 238 to 0.163 which is slightly out of range into hyper BUT for what feels like the first time in years I'm actually losing weight. 34 lbs so far. I'd stay at this level for a while longer if my dr would be OK with that, I'm due for a follow-up appt to go over my results. Any health risks for staying slightly hyper?

TSH: 0.163 (range: 0.550-4.750)
    Free T3: 4.7 (range: 2.3-4.2)
    Free T4: 1.34 (range: 0.89-1.76)
    RT3: 15.4 (range: 9.0-27.0)

WBCs, hemoglobin, bun, creatinine, albumin, etc was all normal. Which is fantastic considering my medical history.

My glucose was high as was my triglycerides so I'm sure they will want to put me on something for that. Which of course I want to refuse. I need to buckle down on my diet and get more sunshine.... I was scared to go keto before as I've heard time and time again how it can cause people with hypothyroidism to crash, which I did NOT want (already crashed, see original, horrible TSH levels ^^^). They say that that hypo patients need carbs. I didn't know how to manage that. How much is enough Now that summer is upon us I feel a bit better with the carbs.

I was having huge cravings to eat before bedtime, made me feel more stabilized, if I woke up in the middle of the night I would almost feel nauseous like I HAD to eat, but if I ate something before bedtime I would wake up feeling much better. I know eating before bedtime isn't conducive to losing weight but I felt stuck. I'm not eating every night now or as much and I'm feeling better blood sugar wise, not feeling so hypoglycemic nor nauseous. Don't know why as my blood glucose test results were not favorable.

My blood pressure which was becoming quite high has been mostly normal with a slightly high reading every now and again.

Some days I do well and other days (more days than not, it seems) I struggle with consistency, procrastination, etc and that is why I'm wanting to tackle dopamine more directly, thinking that it may be a big player in what is going on. Not just with me, but also my husband. His inability to get motivated to change things is going to become a deal breaker. I'm still working on my home biz and it is growing, just don't have enough yet to move. Still working on the move... we are 800' from a cell tower, not counting the impact of neighbors, smart meters, etc. so we HAVE to get out of here. Whether it is 2 miles or 2000 miles. I vote for 2000.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Another night of not eating before bedtime and I didn't have that awful blood sugar "feed me" feeling. Two thumbs up. Going swimming this afternoon for some D and exercise. And now that my thyroid is more normalized I've lost 38 lbs. Still have more to lose but it feels amazing.

ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  5. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Jack, I used to be a member of the Magnesium Advocacy Group but left a while ago. I often share your articles and have turned many of my friends on to you. A friend of mine who joined that group recognized your name and told me that you were posting there so I rejoined, and I just have to say thank you for all that you do, sharing the sun with everyone you come across. I see your heart and appreciate it more than you know. I would love to thank you in person one day.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That group has a lot to learn.

labellavita likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This are results while using supplemental thyroid hormones (right??).
    Supplemental thyroid hormones are mostly T3 & T4.
    It is good idea to chew those pills before swallowing.
    Only FreeT3 is active part of panel.
    FreeT3 have a short half life, hours.
    Blood test results will vary greatly depending on when blood is drawn in relation to time of taking those pills.
    In usual daily life, time of taking thyroid hormones pill is not critical.
    May have some small influence when only T3 is used.
    But from point of view of monitoring laboratory levels, time when pill was taken is very important, specially when establishing long term dose.
    It is good practice to take take those pills always at the same time, preferably right when getting off the bed.
    Good idea to take blood for the test always at the same time, I like 7-8AM.
    On the day of blood draw take thyroid pills (after) blood is drawn.

Your current
    Free T3: 4.7 (range: 2.3-4.2)
    looks good to me if it represents method as I described.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Hormones T3 and RT3 are chemically identical.
    The difference is that one is left when the other is right.
    Chirality, mirror image.
    T3 and RT3 fit into same receptors.
    Number of receptors is finite.
    Receptors when occupied by RT3 are disabled.
    Only T3 attached to receptor provide activity.
    Having desired or even somewhat excessive amount of FreeT3 will not provide expected results if FreeT3 is not engaged with receptor.
    Having excessive amount of RT3 is counter productive.
    RT3 and T3 are created from T4 with assistance from deiodinase (which depends on available selenium), or (T3) is supplemented.
    If one supplements with excessive amounts of T4, body to get rid of excessive T4 must convert it to RT3.
    It is important to manage thyroid hormone supplementation with an eye on RT3 and keeping it at (about) middle of laboratory range.

RT3: 15.4 (range: 9.0-27.0) looks good

Average(9.0, 27.0)=18

Body temperature is a good way to monitor thyroid activity.
    In the mid-day, deep under tongue, 37C=98.6F is optimal.
    It should be measure with thermometer that have 1/100F accuracy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3Q50EJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQNG4ST/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    labellavita likes this.
  8. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Hi JanSz, yes, I am on Nature-Throid. A high dose. 195mg, two and a half pills a day. It would be nice if I could lessen my dependence on it. I've been on thyroid meds (previously synthetic) for 20 yrs, they say I won't heal after this many years but I would love to prove them wrong. Do you think I can see some improvement with sunlight, DHA, etc? Dr says that I have an absorption issue but has never addressed that even when I ask. Very frustrating.

I used to take my pills at night but several years ago I was told that morning was better so I switched, but that meant I couldn't eat breakfast when I woke up and I was used to eating breakfast so I started drinking coffee to have something in my stomach (which I know isn't ideal either but I needed something). But taking the pills in the morning is now interfering with eating a Leptin Rx breakfast within 30 mins so I've been thinking about taking them at night again. The only reason I did not do that was because as I mentioned above in another post I've felt the need to eat before bedtime because I would be so hungry. I finally realized that what my problem is... and that is that I eat dinner too early for as late as I stay up so if I get myself back into an earlier bedtime that should help that out.

I've thought about tracking my temperatures again, just haven't started. I will do that.

Thank you, JanSz!

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to read Meg's journal. Her latest update is required reading for everybody.

labellavita likes this.
  10. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, Jack!

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My blood pressure which was becoming quite high has been mostly normal with a slightly high reading every now and again.
    =======================
    On picture you are very pale.
    See sun, 100% of your skin should see sun.
    Good levels of natural vit D will adjust your blood pressure.
    ==========================
    You are worrying too much about when you eat thyroid hormones and if you eat food right away or not.
    I make sure that I chew those pills, that is about all.
    But,
    Time of taking thyroid hormone pills will affect your test results, specially FreeT3.
    You want to draw blood 24hrs after you take pill.
    So,
    I take them always in the morning.
    I get up 6AM take a pill about 6:15AM
    Every day, if I eat or do not eat.
    On the day of blood draw, I show at the lab 7-7:30AM, but on that day only I eat thyroid pills after blood draw.

//

12. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thanks, JanSz. Working on the sun and diet.

13. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Finishing up watching Nourish Vermont 2017, enjoying it, thank you.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Thanks. drop a comment on the youtube video........I've drop a shit ton.

15. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I know it is not recommended to take melatonin as a supplement, it is better to increase melatonin naturally, but can someone here (maybe you, Jack?) break this down for me? I'm looking up your writings and am trying to better understand cytochrome c in regards to this. I'm not saying that I buy this article, but having had Multiple Myeloma I'm trying to better understand what this article is saying, besides low melatonin levels. Thank you very much.

https://www.secondopinionnewsletter...an-melatonin-help-treat-bloodbased-tumors.htm

16. labellavita

labellavita New Member

17. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Today is my daughter's birthday, she is now 17. What did she want for her birthday dinner? DHA. Haven't convinced her or her brother of all of the changes that we need to make but this girl loves her DHA foods. Two thumbs up.

drezy likes this.
  18. labellavita

labellavita New Member

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15368378.2017.1350584?journalCode=iebm20

Impact of radiofrequency radiation on DNA damage and antioxidants in peripheral blood lymphocytes of humans residing in the vicinity of mobile phone base stations
    Zothansiama, Mary Zosangzuali, Miriam Lalramdinpuii & Ganesh Chandra Jagetia
    Pages 1-11 | Received 27 Apr 2017, Accepted 30 Jun 2017, Published online: 04 Aug 2017

ABSTRACT
    Radiofrequency radiations (RFRs) emitted by mobile phone base stations have raised concerns on its adverse impact on humans residing in the vicinity of mobile phone base stations. Therefore, the present study was envisaged to evaluate the effect of RFR on the DNA damage and antioxidant status in cultured human peripheral blood lymphocytes (HPBLs) of individuals residing in the vicinity of mobile phone base stations and comparing it with healthy controls. The study groups matched for various demographic data including age, gender, dietary pattern, smoking habit, alcohol consumption, duration of mobile phone use and average daily mobile phone use. The RF power density of the exposed individuals was significantly higher (p < 0.0001) when compared to the control group. The HPBLs were cultured and the DNA damage was assessed by cytokinesis blocked micronucleus (MN) assay in the binucleate lymphocytes. The analyses of data from the exposed group (n = 40), residing within a perimeter of 80 m of mobile base stations, showed significantly (p < 0.0001) higher frequency of micronuclei when compared to the control group, residing 300 m away from the mobile base station/s. The analysis of various antioxidants in the plasma of exposed individuals revealed a significant attrition in glutathione (GSH) concentration (p < 0.01), activities of catalase (CAT) (p < 0.001) and superoxide dismutase (SOD) (p < 0.001) and rise in lipid peroxidation (LOO) when compared to controls. Multiple linear regression analyses revealed a significant association among reduced GSH concentration (p < 0.05), CAT (p < 0.001) and SOD (p < 0.001) activities and elevated MN frequency (p < 0.001) and LOO (p < 0.001) with increasing RF power density.

Peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL) are mature lymphocytes that circulate in the blood, rather than localising to organs (such as the spleen or lymph nodes). They comprise T cells, NK cells and B cells.

Multiple myeloma is a cancer formed by malignant plasma cells (https://www.cancer.org/cancer/multiple-myeloma/about/what-is-multiple-myeloma.html)

Plasma cell- A type of immune cell that makes large amounts of a specific antibody. Plasma cells develop from B cells that have been activated. A plasma cell is a type of white blood cell. Also called plasmacyte.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  19. labellavita

labellavita New Member

OK, I am still struggling with consistency. I've been digging in with more research and I really believe part of my struggle is high ACE scores (childhood trauma) plus the added in stressors/trauma of life such as a job layoff, almost losing our home to foreclosure, MM, post-cancer trauma as in "What in the Hell just happened" once the dust settles and one has the time to actually reflect and absorb what just transpired... then adding in the stress of "OMG, I live next to a <insert expletive of your choice> cell tower." And more. It became too much, stomach in knots all of the time, almost to the point of vomiting. :-( I need space. Space to breathe. I wanted to move out of the big city before the big diagnosis and now that I am well past that and am here, I still want to move and for more reasons, but I have to calm down about it. YES, I need to move but I can't overwhelm myself in the meantime. I'm just not as resilient as I used to be so I have to not get overwhelmed because then I accomplish nothing. So anyway...... that is where I'm at. I've not forgotten about this journal, just really don't know what all to say. Started working on getting out of my head and back into my body to help with my health. Grounding myself. Releasing stored emotions/trauma. And it is working. Love sitting in the sun on these cooler mornings too, really relaxing.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Google my name and bio-hack #722 That covers it simply