1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LBV's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by labellavita, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I answered you already.

labellavita likes this.
  2. labellavita

labellavita New Member

And at the risk of being very transparent here, I also think part of my emotional distress is: post-cancer PTSD of sorts, a "get-the-hell-out-there-and-live-your-life-because-life-waits-for-no-one" feeling that screams BUCKET LIST. Some call that a midlife crisis, I don't care what you call it. I just need to GO. Also being married to a really laid back kind of guy who is easy to get along with, nice guy, won't hesitate to go make a grocery store run if I need something, but who is dealing with low dopamine himself (I've told him such). He doesn't get it, has no sense of urgency, says he wants to move but really in the end does nothing towards that goal so I do not believe he really means it, it seems that he is OK living in EMF Hell (and his kids too), so I am going to have to pack my suitcase and grab my kids and just go. Maybe it is the low dopamine but what am I supposed to do, wait? It is urgent that I work on my healing NOW. Moving takes money and I can no longer go back and work in publishing, I quit to become a stay-at-home mom and the industry has changed too too much in the years that I've been home, it is like an entirely different job now so my experience means nothing. So I'm working on a home business that I can take anywhere. So I guess you could say that I have a lot of stress on top of my physical issues, which could be triggering more physical issues? I'm really, really trying to get all of these balls up in the air.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

baby steps ..... do what you can ....keep moving forward ......sure not easy.

Do you meditate? breathing exercises? music is great for our heart and soul, long walks in nature to take in all the positives and forget the negatives for a bit.

what about trying drumming???

sending you a very big hug x.....

4. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, Caroline. I was meditating last year, not sure what happened but will make that a part of my daily routine. I do enjoy good music, really shifts a mood. LOVE nature, know that I feel so much better in nature.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

There is a really great music biohack thread here - started by Doris ..... are you following it?

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hi Bella, the hardest thing you can do is just keep one ball in the air. Keeping all of them in the air at this stage is only a way of keeping your adrenals entertained, understanding all before you do anything is another way of doing that.

Atlanta right about now should be reasonably sunny and you have this in driving distance. The kids will love it , your man might.. http://www.ajc.com/gallery/travel/beaches-short-drive-atl/g2gP/#2405114

About the midlife crisis thing, well I am about the same age and I have decided to age disgracefully, so much more fun. ;) Let them all talk, I ain't done yet.

Caroline's idea of drumming is great. You my want to read Time 16, too. The Vagus RX at the end is great for anybody. ( https://www.jackkruse.com/time-subtraction-cancer-diagnosis/ )

I have not got a drum yet but love Taiko drumming and have re ently acquired a taste for Pagan rock. :thumbsup::thumbsdown::whistle::D:p

Welcome ! It will be some ride but you are going to love it.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  7. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I will look for it, thanks Caroline!

8. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Let them all talk, LOL, YES! Life is too short, gotta go find our joy!

I've read some about the vagus nerve, wondering if there is a connection in my situation, thank you Lahelada, will read that too.

Drumming, could be a part of my rewilding, getting back to nature.... will look into that too.

Thank you so much!

caroline likes this.
  9. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Meant to add that for the last four mornings I have woken up at 6:15 a.m. (before the sunrise which is around 6:30) and head outside. I hit the grass at about 6:30 and am outside until 9 a.m, catching the rays, grounding and listening to the birds. I am enjoying this routine. Question though, the sun doesn't rise above the trees and rooflines until some time after 7 (will try to get the exact time tomorrow), is that a problem? Should I have a more direct line of sight to the sunrise? Thanks.

10. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for this forum and the FB group, where I can learn and be around other people seeking. Tried to share more of Jack's wisdom and what I thought would be a friendly "look at the benefits of sunlight!" turned into a full-fledged b*tch session with a thousand excuses of why it can't work, it won't work, will never work, and then the cherry on top was jumping on me. Yes, it irritated me but I did some more cleaning up of my environment so to speak, so the lesson was not wasted. Hate it when I have to strike my Wonder Woman pose but sometimes you just have to. Feels like I should be doing some extra earthing for the next few days to cleanse my body and mind.

I wanted to ask a couple of questions, my brain has been swimming today in terminology and ideas, making connections... I would love to ask some of those questions here.

I asked a question on the FB group and was warned against eating too much DHA. What do you guys consider "too much?" I see in Jack's book he mentions a 4-1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3. So should I be monitoring this ratio pretty closely? I see people talking about eating seafood 3x/day and I'm wondering how that ties in to this ratio?

Read this article and wowza, it shows the European standards as 250mg of DHA, my can of tuna has 800mg DHA in it, my sardines has 688, the pollock I just ate said it had 800, so if I ate one of each every day I would blow this out of the water. Is this really a big concern? Is there such a thing of going into DHA too fast? The article also mentions side effects of high DHA. Is there a "correct" way to add DHA to one's diet to minimize side effects?

Also, I am drinking one 25.3 oz bottle of Pellegrino water a day. Is that enough for minerals? Also drinking regular filtered water. Haven't been measuring, will start doing that. I've been researching EZ water and am confused. Need quartz, need to put it in the sun, don't need EZ, cells already have EZ... is this something I should be concentrating on right now?

Thank you!!!

Putting on my own oxygen mask.

11. labellavita

labellavita New Member

My husband has committed to helping me grow the biz so that we can move, so that was a very good surprise. Took some of the stress off of me. We are going to work on a plan with an exit date. Away from the Big City to the country! I'm excited that this is getting more real!

caroline and Inger like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice.....

labellavita likes this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

I think the DHA amount is tied to your context...
    I eat a lot of it and I do great with it... way over the amounts you mention. but I live north.... the sun is not so strong here.. and it is colder

labellavita likes this.
  14. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

You can up your pellegrino consumption--I'm up to 4 bottles a day! I'd make Pellegrino the priorty over the filtered due to the dissolved solids (Calcium especially). Very big difference in energy and clarity--no coffee cravings at all (I'm in NJ, work in a building, nnEMF everywhere). Give it a try.

labellavita likes this.
  15. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you Joe, will try that! Costco has the cases on sale so I had planned on stocking up!

Joe Gavin likes this.
  16. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, Inger, appreciate your response. I will continue to eat the DHA, and listen to my body and see if there are any issues.

caroline likes this.
  17. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Popping in, haven't forgotten my journal, just no real new news to post. Still plugging away at things: diet, sun, business so that I can afford to move, etc. Really motivated to get out of Dodge, blow this popsicle stand, insert idiom of your choice. ;-) Cannot tell you how much I want to get out of here. Truly. I know that I am fighting for my life.

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

so glad to see that you are moving forward...... keep it up!

19. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Working on the business and making some money! Eeek! So excited! It is my hope to be out of Atlanta in 6 months, 8 tops. I want this to be THE LAST summer here.

Trying to spend less time online and use what time I am online for the biz but I really need to spend more time here on this site, I really need it for support and deeper understanding. Speaking of understanding, I am now the happy owner of:

Body Electric
    Overpowered
    Dirty Electricity
    Health & Light
    The Healing Sun
    The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
    a couple of keto books for recipes/ideas

I have plenty of reading material to keep me occupied while out sunning.

20. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I've thought about updating my journal a million times, just didn't know what to say . I've been working on things, trying to recover from a thyroid crash and am now getting to where I'm feeling better. I remind myself that this is an endurance race, not a sprint, so while I feel repetitive and redundant, I'll state them anyway: I read Jack's posts daily and am understanding more and more. I wear my blueblockers at night and am wearing them more and more during the day now, use less light at night overall, get out in the a.m. for sun most mornings and ground, and am still working on my home biz so that I can move away from the big city. Still in remission from Multiple Myeloma so that is now 4 1/2 yrs clear. Am on a super dose of Nature-Throid for my thyroid, two 195mg pills a day. Newest labs came in, am slightly into the hyper range now with my TSH, Free T3 is elevated and T4 and RT3 are normal. A1C is high so I've got to do better with that. Blood pressure was high (up to 200/100) but it has been 130/80 for weeks now, so a big improvement there. Oh, and I lost 25 lbs just from getting my thyroid more into the normal range, my TSH was up to 238 in December, so yes, major crap was going on, I've been soooo exhausted (felt like I was gaining weight just by breathing). Didn't even notice the weight loss, I'm tall so the poundage is spread over a longer frame, but my daughter noticed. Didn't really believe it until I weighed myself. Still have an occasional heart palpitation but NOTHING like they were a couple of yrs ago when I was on Nature-Throid last time. Dr has no answers for me in regards to the palpitations. I was wondering if it means that I need more water? I take magnesium. I keep drinking but maybe it just isn't enough. I will start measuring my ounces to see. I've had a horrible time being consistent with the Leptin Rx through all of this, am now gearing up to start again and stay the course. My carb cravings were horrendous, which the naturopath said was to be expected since my TSH was 238, he said my brain was screaming for energy. Do you agree with that, Jack, that the brain's needs would make a person crave carbs? I was thinking candida but I really don't know.