1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lauren's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LaurenR, Jan 8, 2014.

1. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

I pulled three little black things out of the same spot in my arm, which I took to the infectious disease clinic. I did a series of parasitology and microbiology tests which cam back negative. They said the things in my arm were not parasites, but I have had another in my ankle!!!

So update...I was then tested to for strongaloydis, which I have not heard back, which I think will mean I do NOT have it.
    Wanted to be clear of this, as I have had this rash since returning from 10 months in South America.

I am also doing a parasite cleanse with tincture drops, in case there are parasites that were not detectable by their testing.
    Have not really had any symptoms. Keep checking poop, but hard to tell if I am seeing parasites lol.
    (I remember being told in my Invertebrates class at University that if you removed most matter from the world but left nematodes, that you would still be able to "see" most things or something along the lines. Gross! Never forgotten that!).

My new idea/thought...
    I have definite patches of Eczema on my body, scaley, weeping, little sores.
    BUT, this rash over my body, perhaps it is not eczema. It is red, itchy, rough, but I am not scaly and weepy all over.

I am thinking it could be a different kind of skin issue.

I am also wondering if it could be related to low thryoid. I do not have all the hypothryoid symptoms, but I do have a couple.
    I plan to test my thyroid in next few weeks.
    I wonder if any other thyroid people here have skin rashes?

2. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

One other idea that has popped up regarding the rash is possible Mastocytosis or histamine issue.

I read someone having a big reaction following a detox. My full body rash started with a series of detox events.
    First part was supps, parasite supps.
    Second part following colonics and colon cleanse (clay)

The eczema was already there in spots. I really think there are 2 skin issues going on here.

When I tested my DHEA-S it was high- above range (that was a year ago).
    In the past I have experienced extreme reactions to bites.

I am conscious of the cycle I am in when I go to bed. Even if I do night time meditation, and I am basically asleep. I take out headphones, remove phone from bedroom, come back to bed, my body will heat up within a few mins, get itchy, scratch, wriggle, get hotter, itch more, get hotter, get itchier, fluff the doona to let cold air in, scratch, get hotter etc.
    Then I run into late night cortisol spike, mind starts going, lot's of creative ideas flow (frequently at night).
    More hotness and itchy and awakeness. The room is always cold- no heating in the bedroom.

While I wake up fine in the monring, I am struggling to balance the nightime circadian rhythm/cortisol because of the rash, itchy, hotness.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I talked about mastocytosis somewhere on the site before

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Lauren there was also a thread on Histamine that I started a long time ago...the mastocytosis info. may be in that. Methylation issues can also have a histamine component. But when I had chronic hives for months a few years ago it was a reaction to being on effexor after six months...took me 4 months to get off of it too. If you are on any anti-depressants just google hives and effexor...quite a lot of information about the toxicity that leads to hives. Is there something that your body is trying to detox? CT is the best for histamine...nothing like cold air or cold, ice water to settle things down.

5. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

Thanks Jack will search for it.

SeaHorse you could be onto something.
    I have been on anti-depressants for one year (Feb 2011-Mar 2012). The sequence of events was:

Oct 2011:
    I had chronic eczema and decided to move away from med-pharma treatment.
    Started parasite cleanse and supps with a naturopath, mag, vit c, liver detox
    At the same time I stopped contraceptive pill and asthma seretide inhaler
    Rash started on face, head, neck, arms.

March 2012:
    Still with rash 5 months later on arms, but face and neck had healed.
    Titrated off anti-depressants (I took 3 different in 1 year. Effexor was one)
    Around same time: series of 4 colonics and 1 colon cleanse.
    Rash developed on entire body, massive oedema in thighs, calves, ankles, feet.

June 2012:
    Started using a cream as basically had not slept for 3 months.

Still using cream.
    Still have rash.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Yikes....you might ask Josh on the forum for some insights...he's been dealing with immune/allergy issues in some very creative ways.
    The histamine is going to be an ongoing issue if you have mastocytosis because you have more cells to produce more histamine than the average person..worth checking out.
    Some supplements that can help all over allergy issues (you may know of them already) are PRP (NuMedica) and NeuroProtek which has luteolin, quercitin and rutin in it. You have probably already read lots about the different histamine receptors...I found that I had to take something that targeted more than one to get any relief. I too used steroid cream for years and years to deal with rashes that arrived every month before my period....no body ever bothered to check my hormones....I used to get contact hives from hot water , stress...on and on. You know how it is. Rashes and thyroid can be connected too. Remember skin health is a reflection of brain health so the function of the brain rather than filling in holes with hormones is the ultimate thing to focus on. Sounds like you are doing well with light cycles etc. It will take awhile.

I would get your thyroid tested a.s.a.p! magnetico and 23 and me (really worth it to know about methylation) I know these are on your list...just giving you a pep talk:)
    Interesting about PTSD....do you know about Somatic Experiencing work? Another very useful tool to have in your toolbox.

SCRN2007 likes this.
  7. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

I googled efflexor rash and the images that came up looked pretty similar.
    I don't get hives, more red rash, blotchy, raised, which I scratch until it bleeds :(
    I want to get off the cream soooo badly!

"Remember skin health is a reflection of brain health so the function of the brain...":(

With the PTSD- I did a lot of work with a psychologist, a kinesiologist and EFT 2010-2013. Everything was great :)
    Although about 6 months ago it was re-triggered through a series of events- moved o.s & was "homeless" for 10 weeks, I was assaulted on my holiday on the way over to relocating, plus some other stresses all happened at once. But I'm working on it all again with EFT, daily meditation, journaling etc so feeling great mental/emotionally.
    I guess it is something to be wary of that I have a tendency with too much stress and trauma to go that way.

8. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Yes....the rash I got with the effexor was not exactly like other hive rashes...unbelievably itchy and worse at night..I was on prednisone for weeks and then had that adrenal freakout to deal with later. EFT is really great, so glad you have that...and are feeling good mentally. Have you thought about a consult with Dr. Tim Jackson?

9. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

So update, I did a parasite cleanse a few weeks ago, for two weeks. Things have been moving a little better and a lot more 4's on the bristol chart than before and a lot more regularity in timing. So this is good. Thinking about doing another 2 weeks as that is the normal protocol for the tincture.

I had 3 nights last week where I was asleep quickly before 10:30pm. I go to bed usually between 9:30-10pm now. Although if a go early, I never fall asleep until my partner comes to bed.
    Oxytocin release before sleep GREATLY reduces my itchiness and the hotness I feel in bed, thus making it easier to fall asleep.

I am back to face dunks and sunlight in the am and need to get some icepacks again.
    I underestimated the re-accumulation of things such as icepacks etc when relocating o.s.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  10. Josh

Josh Gold

Parasite cleanses are also liver and kidney cleanses. The herbs are typically purgative and affect all detoxification related systems either directly or through the decrease of toxins from the GI Tract. Typically people experience s/sx's of improved liver function and all that represents unless everything gets overloaded and more inflamed. IT is much easier to just market "parasite cleanse".

11. Aggie

Aggie Banned

If you are interested in a parasite cleanse - I did one protocol by Dr. Linda Lancaster who is the clinical director of Light Harmonics Institute in New Mexico. They use a blood spot test to see what cleanse is best & what protocol to use. I had to be on Raw Organic Goat's Milk only for 8 days during the cleanse.

www.lightharmonics.com

12. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

Cheers, Josh. The last time I did one back in 2011 now, I was thowing up in parks (out with parter on a sunday) and on the side of the road in the middle of the city during lunch hour! I dare say the hepatic detox was not enough at that time, will all the drugs I had been putting into my system for 25 years.

I had no symptoms this time. I dare suggest my health has improved, or perhaps the toxic load has decreased at least in that time from stopping western meds and stricter diet, lifestyle.

I have actually lost a small amoutn of body fat, don't know how much as I don't weigh myself, but this is the only change in 3+ years of paleo.

13. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

So just had my first experience of the NHS in the UK and ordering basic labs with a GP :eek:. I have not done testing since before the move so good to get back on track.

I laughed out loud when she said "it's not good to order lots of tests, because you might find something" o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

WOW! I tried to explain. She told me that I might have to see a dermatologist lol (i saw them for the first 25 years of my life)

I know Jack was talking about it in the optimal reset, but I could not believe that a Dr. would let those words come of out their mouth to their patient!

Anyway that is the basics done.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Lauren! How are you doing?

15. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

Hi Audrey, I am well!
    The clocks have changed and we daylight at last here in the UK! We reached 18 C degrees... it was 31C in Melbourne on the weekend :(

I have been re-reading some of the old blogs again, finding more gems, missed the first time.
    Interesting to read them in my context and also from my partners position.

For me, asthma at 2 years old and eczema not long after. I was born broken. And things went downhill for the next 2 decades.

I think of my partner, he has had 6-pack abs for over a decade! He has always fallen asleep within 15mins sometimes about in about 2 minutes;)
    His body skin is link milk to touch. Never a pimple on his face, not dry, not oily.

16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm not sure falling asleep quickly is a good measure of health. My daughter often falls asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow. She is a chronic asthmatic who suffers with depression and has a nasal polyp to boot. She looks just as tired after sleeping all night.

17. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

I have just received 23andMe results:

HOMOZYGOUS +/+ ::

COMT V158M
    COMT H62H
    VDR Taq
    MTHFR 677T

HETEROZYGOUS +/-
    ACAT1-02
    MTRR A66G
    MTRR A664A
    BHMT-02
    BHMT-08
    AHCY-01
    AHCY-19
    CBS A360A

DETOX +/+
    NAT2 R197Q

DETOX +/- I had a few of these, unsure how important they are.

Not to sure where to start with deciphering all of this. Although the CBS A360A caught my eye, as Mast Cell Activation Disorder could be the culprit for my skin rash for the last 2 of years.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Lauren! I am no help with your 23&me ....I still need to get mine read!

Have you thought of contacting Dr. Tim Jackson?

How are you doing?

you did run it thru a program - did you? like Dr. Sterling Hill?

19. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

Hi Audrey, yes I have thought about that, but I would like to understand it all a bit more first.
    I ran in through genetic genie.

20. nicld

nicld Gold

Dr Tim is knowledgeable about the 23andme but all new patients need to sign up for the one year program with him. Its a time and financial commitment but if one wants to get better it would be a wise investment. I learned that I have a methylation issue and what I need to do to get that better.