1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Laura's New Beginning

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Doyourcycle, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

Last night should have been a good night for sleep as I did so much right. Didn't happen and I'm exhausted but up and getting shit done.

I listen to jack on YouTube every morning and today's nugget was to drink up to 2 gallons of water. I'm mot near that and thought I was drinking enough but today on starts a new beginning again.
  2. Rakhee

Rakhee New Member

Hello,
    I can understand how you feel, sleeplessness is my problem too.

Taking collagen powder right before bed helps me. I take 1-2 tsp (salmon or any other) collagen powder mixed in warm milk. Honey helps too as suggested before. Sometimes if I am too wound up, drinking hibiscus tea helps as it relaxes me down.

I hope you get a good night's sleep and feel better.
  3. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

Thanks for the input, Rakhee. I have used collagen pwdr in the past with little impact on my sleep. I'm glad it helps u!
  4. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

I got morning sun, the. In the afternoon took the kids to the pool (salt water) and got lots of sun and swimmimg in. Ate oysters for lunch, was barefoot, drank over a gallon of spring water too.

I woke up maybe 3am ish-- still so effin tired.

What am I doing wrong to not be able to sleep more? I'm groggy as hell but feel my heart beating and I just can't get back to sleep.

Where are the good sleep hacks? Is this peri menopause doing this to me?? I feel like I could survive being tortured by sleep deprivation because I'm living it now!!!
  5. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

So yesterday I was tired as shit-- I got desperate and took 1 1/2 sleeping pills and it had a reverse effect of not sleeping well. But, I don't let too much hold me back and had a busy day. I did hey morning sun, barefoot and did my gardening. I laid out in the afternoon sun purely naked. I know it's supposed to be morning uva light but I had the opportunity and took it--loved it!

I had my seafood for lunch and had a great dinner. I was feeling anxious and weepy--a hormonal sign for me and sis some EFT.

Felt real sleepy ariund 7:30 and wuxikly got changed and brushed my teeth but no time for ct--way too tired. Went to bed around 8;30 and woke up at 4:20-- that is huge progress for me!!!!!! Love this day already!!

Btw--I have new labs up!!
    Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  6. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

" I did hey morning sun, barefoot and did my gardening."

^^^^^ You slept great because you got the morning sun into the retina and made melatonin and dopamine. Kudos for taking off your clothes and getting naked sun exposure Laura! Now you just have to do this in the morning too. That is the game changer Sister! :thumbsup: That's the time of day that I say "Fuck it" to the rest of the world and spend my time with my healer. :love:
  7. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

Lovin your passion! Thanks for the motivation- it means a lot to me Thanks for being my cheerleader!

8. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

Monday morning is here and. I have a school meeting and I got close yo no sleep. What went wrong? I was in the yard gardening for an hour barefoot. I got morning sun gazing in and only later nude sunbathing.

Bed time I was feeling tired but my body was tense. I took 3 valerian root pills and a benedryl. I did some EFT before bed. As soon as I felt I was going to sleep my body tensed up and my heart pounded loudly and that cycle repeated all night. I had a bad dream- maybe a sign of some sleep?

I got up a few hours into that and grabbed a big slice of cheese hoping it could help but nope. I can figure out why my body feels so tense....

I'm waiting for morning sun to nude sunbathe.

**please look at my labs!'
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 5:35 AM
  9. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

I did naked morning sun yesterday for over 30 minutes and it feels so good. I thighs for sure sleep would be bulletproof but no. I lay unable to get sleepy with my heart racing when it dawned on me that I bet my thyroid is getting too much t4. I think I'm making more on my own and current dose is too much.

I'll get blood work today to test but I think I'm on to this.
  10. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

I did naked morning sun yesterday for over 30 minutes and it feels so good. I thighs for sure sleep would be bulletproof but no. I lay unable to get sleepy with my heart racing when it dawned on me that I bet my thyroid is getting too much t4. I think I'm making more on my own and current dose is too much.

I'll get blood work today to test but I think I'm Right.

Gotta say it's so disappointing to not get lab feedback.
  11. Billybats

Billybats New Member

You followed Ray Peat's thoughts (thats what I call them) , so did I and since changing to Dr. Kruse I have improved ALOT. I was using 500mgs of Progesterone cream a day and haven't used any since. I too get up to pee alot at night, sucks. I do have to say even if I get little sleep I still can function most times. I do see a big difference just getting sun period and upping protein especially seafood. I have only been doing this for about a month now. I also stopped ALL supplements in my situation but IMO I feel supplements mess with your system to some degree, just my opinion. I use to have a goiter years ago, went on thyroid meds and was for the longest time on T4 only and made me worse, then switched to amour (I think that is how you spell it) and that helped but eventually stopped that too. All I can say I feel the best doing what Dr. Kruse suggests as best as I can and I can't wait until I get better at changing the other things he talks about. I am trying to prove to my boyfriend through example that we don't need supplements and need sunlight. I don't know maybe I am wrong and I missed somewhere Dr. Kruse suggesting supplements, if so can you direct that link. Maybe some need them to some degree. I use to be a supplement junky. Best to you Doyourcycle, it will get better, that said from someone that was near death.
  12. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

Thanks for posting! I was actually in a Keto diet last summer and my body was insanely muscular and i was crushing it at the gym but then insomnia hit and my thyroid went out of control into hyper zone. I was doing I intermittent fasting and that was likely one of the culprits Imo--the other was the blue light in the gym and at home.

I turned to Ray for a few months out of desperation but never embraced coke or sugar cubes. I was desperate but, I only found jack from one poster who cited some quite by jack that made me curious enough to search him out and I never looked back to Ray again.

Part of me thinks I'm doing well considering I'm totally fucked by my mothers mitochondria-- smoker at age 16, piss poor diet, born and raised in Detroit, and cancer at age 51.

On days when I can't sleep I feel like I'm gonna spend my life treading water just to stay alive. Other days when I get sleep I feel like there's no stopping me. The disparity kills me on some days. I wish I knew some jack type people in my hood to keep me motivated and going strong when I feel down....