1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Latest biohack of light

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Jack Kruse, May 17, 2015.

1. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Dr. Kruse, you mentioned that you had a pro football use nicotine patches. Are patches not as effective as oral doses ?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

depends upon the persons context........

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. Josh

Josh Gold

4. Josh

Josh Gold

5. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Precaution: DO NOT follow any of the advice on LED helmets and halogen bulbs on this site :eek:. The author does not take into account any nn-EMF nor heating considerations.

LED therapy is only known to be safe with low fluences (discussed in my previous post above), and with wavelengths of light that are absorbed well by the body (thus not leading to any temperature rise).

The only safe recommendation is to use LED light centered around the 650nm and the 850nm range, for no more than 15 mins at a time day, ideally first thing in the morning. Try to avoid night-time use if you can get natural sunshine during the day.

See my setup here -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/take-it-slow.9428/page-45#post-164660

Shijin13 and Josh like this.
  6. Josh

Josh Gold

Thanks for clarifying, I find the background and DIY device stuff interesting and potentially useful.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Apprenticeship is logic's way to success. Overnight stardom in life occurs, but nature has no formula for that elixir. Me and Rub went thru this site and there is some good but a whole lot of bad

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Kristi Lambert and Shijin13 like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Gold

Understood, just stumbled upon it looking for lights. Happy to remove it if you feel that it is overly problematic. Helped me frame the subject of DIY light therapy more clearly. As much a lesson in incomplete understanding as useful tools. I give him credit for writing it all down.

9. Amber

Amber New Member

Any link between history of Bell's palsy and blepharospasm? Is seventh cranial nerve dysfunction more likely in blepharospasm if hx of bell's? Not sure where to turn to fix this or figure out the cause. I read blepharospasm can be a symptom of MS but there are no other symptoms. I've been trying to get through the blog in order but any suggestions on ones to read now to shed some light on this would be much appreciated!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

that issue can be tied to lots of issues.......including calcified arteries in the CP angle.

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. Josh

Josh Gold

12. Josh

Josh Gold

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/12/4431/F1.expansion.html

[​IMG]

Fig. 1.
    Complex I in the respiratory chain. The structure of the L-shaped molecule (4) has been placed in the membrane. The positions of the seven membrane subunits L, M, N, K, J, A, and H are roughly indicated. Each of the subunits L, M, and N is proposed to translocate one proton per turnover (blue arrows); translocation of a fourth proton might be catalyzed by the subunits in the heel of the boot-like structure (see text). The position of iron-sulfur cluster N2 is indicated by a yellow circle. The rough positions of two proposed ubiquinone molecules, QA and QB, are indicated. QA transmits electrons from N2 to QB. The latter is reduced to ubiquinol (QH2) with uptake of two “substrate protons” (black arrow). QH2 enters the membrane in exchange for an oxidized ubiquinone. The program VMD was used for visualization of the structure (5).

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  13. Josh

Josh Gold

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/19/6988.full.pdf+html

14. Josh

Josh Gold

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The research article is fascinating .... I've been doing a biohack with light for a week and my craving for chlorophyll has gone through the roof ... it seems to have a major influence on the mammalian solar battery ....? Human photosynthesis?

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    nonchalant likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it is half of your battery. Ubi 8.

18. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I had to think about the result of your hack when a threw away my old pc mouse today. I have a very tiny wart in the dead middle of my right hand palm. My fancy gaming mouse had a blue light just in the place were my hand would rest on it, right in the place were the wart is. I used it for several years, and while I'm typing this I hope the wart is all the damage it has done. :eek: