1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lake Toba

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Antonis, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hello guys, am currently at Lake Toba for the next 6 days. Geologists and geophysicists say that Mount Toba, which erupted thousands of years ago, turning into Lake Toba, still contains a dangerous magma chamber and its activityneeds further study. ... Researchers said the Mount Toba magma chamber was located at a depth of between 20 kilometers and 100 kilometers.
    Does anyone had any experience here? Is it supposed be good for humans if there is still active magma?

2. MelissaM

MelissaM Gold

I've been there, it's a beautiful spot, very high UV index and the lake is nice and cool, great for CT while getting warmed from the sun. I had a great time there, but that was many years ago and I wasn't thinking about it in this way. I have no idea about the benefit of active magma. Enjoy your time there!

Antonis likes this.
  3. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Thanks!!

4. That looks amazing. I recall JK recently saying that he didnt in general favor Hawaii but the best place was close to the active volcano. Maybe superior magnetic properties.

5. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Well, Lake Toba might be a good choice. Lots of fish from the lake tho. I am wondering about the lake water. It is trapped in the ceater you know for many years!