1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ladies in the cold tub

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Lyndra, Mar 15, 2012.

1. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

I wonder if my I'm suffering detox symptoms as my breasts have had sharp pains in them the last few days after I get out of the pool???

2. Groketteliveson

Groketteliveson New Member

I so hear ya! I would not lose any sleep over downsizing, would not bother me one bit! I'd like to be able to sleep on my stomach without any discomfort for a change!

3. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

This is such a funny thread! I didn't even think about the girls deflating until I read all of your posts. Last night, though, you can bet your last muffin that I kept them elevated above the water line. :cool:

4. Bee

Bee New Member

Count me in on wanting to lose the girls. I'm a 34F and would like to go back down to a D, if not a C. Lol, I'll even take a B. I don't care. I just want them gone. My tub will only cover my waist--I will have to have my legs bent to get any more of my torso in the tub.

What do you ladies wear in the tub?

I don't have a compression shirt yet--is that like a rash guard that a surfer would wear? A little clueless, sorry. I wore an old nursing tank folded up and my spanx in the tub last night--I have the one that goes from mid thigh to ribcage. But while it made it easier to sit in the water, the skin covered by the spanx was 2+ degrees higher than the skin that was directly exposed to the water. Am I doing this wrong? Regardless, I can't get the water below 63 and my skin below 65, so looks like I will be buying a few bags of ice tomorrow.

5. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Well I'm not like most girls, and reducing my girls is EXACTLY what I want. Don't worry though, I honestly think it makes them perky though. Small and perky boobs are ideal, while heavy big boobs (even if round) are not good. I think mine have reduced a bit in swelling...thank god.

6. I wear a rash guard and nothing on the bottom. I lie as far down as I can get so my spine gets the cold but the top part of my torso only gets it up to the breast line. I want to dunk the girls since I want all the toxins and crap out of them too. Unfortunately I just can't get them in there. I'm 5'8" and even with my fee propped on top I still can't get the whole torso submerged. DARN!!!

Also trying to figure out the magical ice maker situation. Need more ice in the bath.....

7. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I laughed out loud so many times reading this thread!

I will have to ask Jack about this ... I'm sure he'll love THAT conversation (he shies away from nothing). I'm fairly well-endowed and would be find with the girls shrinking, but they are not covered in the tub at all. I'm not even sure how I'd even pull that off. Pouring water over myself... I need a damn good reason to do that. In that ice bath, I'm still as a corpse, man, for 45 minutes. If the the girls shrink, great. If they don't, great. I'm more concerned about balancing my hormones and you can bet I have ice packs on my tummy!!!

8. MJ*

MJ* New Member

9. Thanks....watching it now.

10. eknola

eknola New Member

It sounds as if most of you ladies are weeks ahead of me on the CT protocol so I'm hoping for a little help and information. I've been icing (abdomen/neck/upper back) daily and cold bathing (60-62F is the coldest I can get it so I also use spot ice packs. The salt tip will be instituted tonight!) every other night. On a very positive note, I sleep much better on the nights I CT. However, I have not felt good all week, sluggish and tired. I'm post menopausal and for the last three months have been working on reducing estrogen through DIM and progesterone cream. Could this be estrogen detox? I am also experiencing "hot flashes" not exactly like when I was perimenopausal but I get really hot and sweat.

11. Bee

Bee New Member

Thanks for this. Just watched it, and I'm going to add some salt...

12. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Well, according to DH, my girls have shrunk a bit, and they've never been submerged.

13. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Well, my girls are getting bigger as I am losing weight and changing shape. I believe it is additional estrogen. Right now I am letting everything float on top and wear nothing, but I might start wearing socks and a hat, and bringing in a large cup to douse the high parts. I need to do something to keep me busy, as I tend to want to fall asleep in a cold tub. Soooo relaxing, who knew?

14. Valorie33

Valorie33 New Member

Just turn over on your belly, like kids do when playing in the tub :eek:)

15. Adria

Adria New Member

I'm week 4 CT and have been paleo-keto for 3 years. Since paleo-keto the girls have gotton bigger, fatter. For CT I take my baths up to my waist. My bottom and thighs are already much thinner. I'm fitting in my smallest pants, had to dig them out of my closet. I'm not taking ice baths, just cold about 65 degrees. After my bath I dry up and then use ice packs, I sit on 2 - one for each cheek, and the others I move around on my shoulders, stomach, chest, neck, head. So far the girls seem the same size but if its better, healthier to dunk, then I'll start icing them even tho I"m not very well-endowed!!

16. meyoolia@gmail.com

meyoolia@gmail.com New Member

though I don't need it yet - Lake Ontario water in the pipes is still PLENTY cold!! - I've been spot placing the home-made icepacks in the tub. EASY to make (thank you's to whoever it was on the blog!) and in the long run, likely cheaper than bags and bags and bags of ice.

1 part rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) to 2 parts water in a ziplock bag, double bagged to help minimize leakage. Made my 'ice vest' with those and duct tape, worked a treat ;) now that I don't need it anymore, I'll be recycling the contents into more ziplock baggies to spot place and use in the tub if the Lake warms up too much.

17. Toni1675

Toni1675 New Member

[When I do a CT Bath - my tub covers up to my waist... but that's mostly b/c we have an old post war 1950s house = old small bath tub that I Barely fit in and I'm 5'3"!

I keep wanting to go out to spa world - and hit their cold plunge pool.... I may just do it one day when I can swing the time! ]

Hi

I'm a 6'1" female and totally understand your problem so my remedy was to go out and buy a 100gal horse troff and put it on my patio. It actually works out nice I have cold water up to my neck now with the rest of my body submerged as well. The water also stays cold so I reuse it and save money on my water bill...LOL.

18. Clabbergirl

Clabbergirl New Member

I've thought about doing something like this with one of those inflatable pools that hit the shelves right about now. I think a metal trough would keep the water cold better, however. I'm worried about my water bill after 3 weeks of filling a tub nearly 4x week too, but I'm afraid leaves and debri will get in anything I have outdoors. More thoughts on this...Thanks for sharing your idea.

19. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Great idea! I've been feeling rather guilty about discarding all that bath water every day, as we live in an arid climate and water is in short supply.

20. marthabob2u

marthabob2u New Member

Why not rig up a lid for when you are not in it- that would keep the leaves out. Could be just a layer of plastic draped over with weights on the corners to hold it down or a piece of plywood might work depending upon the trough size.