1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ladies in the cold tub

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Lyndra, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I don't need to lose any fat from my breasts so I am making sure to keep my chest out of the tub. That makes it a little harder to fully cover the tummy. Are you ladies taking any precautions to protect the girls?

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Nope cuz Dr. K said estrogen is there too and needs to be detoxed. So, even though I don't have much I am pouring water over my throat and chest while in 50 degree water. I want to be healthy at some point in my life and if that means the little things get littler, than so be it. If I am cold before I get in the tub and no I can't get the upper half that day, I keep pouring the water over my belly too. It turns pink so I'm pretty sure I'm good with getting it cold. I have thought about bringing ice packs in for it but I also realize this should be a limited thing cuz I really need to get more of me in the water, not less. Good luck to you.

3. meyoolia@gmail.com

meyoolia@gmail.com New Member

Dr. K suggested a neoprene top.... though I'd imagine that would also protect the "bacon" in the back, too :( fortunately, I'm not overly endowed, so I just keep my upper arms on either side as bumpers ;) neoprene "coconut" string bikini top anyone?

4. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Lynda good question, not sure I want Paleo boobs! :confused: It would be good to hear from some of the ladies who have been doing this for at least a few months. As for the back bacon LoL you can always spot ice that before or after the bath.

5. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I spot-CTed my tummy/waist for the last month, and the boobs shrunk regardless. So did my shoulders, arms and other upper-body areas that weren't ever in contact with the ice blocks. My boos have gone from 14 EE down to 12 D now... not tiny but quite small compared to a few months ago. I've had horrendous issues with excess estrogen in the last 3 months, CT just made it worse. The good thing is that it means the crappy WAT is going!

6. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Thanks for weighing in, you lost a significant amount of weight which is awesome! :cool:, boobs are made of fat, so it stands to reason there will be some downsizing. I guess don't spot ice there for sure. I'm with you August perky we be a fair tradeoff! ;)

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Embrace it. There's certain places you gain fat when you're estrogen dominant - chest being one of them. So what you had wasn't healthy. I'd say it's one of the sure signs you're getting closer to optimal.

I'm in the camp of the smaller the better/more practical :eek: I pretty much never wear a bra anymore and once you've ditched it for a while, you won't be able to stand wearing one anymore! So unnatural to have a tight rubber band around your chest... Plus there is a high correlation between breast cancer and bras... the more you wear a bra the more likely you are to get breast cancer (that's why I ditched them).

Note: It's a correlation not causal relationship between bra wearing and breast cancer. NEVER EVER wear a bra at night and try to go without one as much as possible. PSA over :eek:

8. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

Oh good grief, I'm the opposite -- I wanna dunk these girlies as cold and deep as I can to get rid of them! :eek:

9. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

I wear my bikini top in the water to corral the girls. I am able to get my tummy covered and keep my arms at my side enough to cover most of my batwings with cold water. I use a cold pack on my neck area. I'm not convinced yet that it matters either way so if I can salvage my girls, I will. They may melt away anyway. I use Progesterone Cream on them liberally as well as use DIM for excess Estrogen. Plus I take Milk Thistle/Silymarin. And I go without a bra as much as possible too. I've already gone from a 42D to a 36C and my hubby likes curves.

10. MJ*

MJ* New Member

:D Too funny! IceBarbie Progesterone Cream and DIM, first what's DIM? and where do you get these, and do you use these only if you know you have excessive estrogen? What's the benefit to Milk Thistle/Silymarin? Thanks

11. MJ*

MJ* New Member

That's interesting!

12. This is funny. I haven't seen anything, but my secret hope is skin improvement and perhaps the girlfirends will move a little farther north. After breast feeding at age 40 along with the yo yo weight situation I just want them to quit going south!

13. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Thanks, this gives me hope I'm on the right path. Sometimes you experience so much detox and crappy side-effect youw onder if you're getting anything worthwhile out of it, but you're totally right.

14. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

DIM is diindolylmethane. It helps reduce excessive Estrogen in the body for men & women. I have my hubby taking it now too his man-boobs (MOOBS). I get my DIM at either Amazon.com or iherb.com. I've been using the Olympian Labs brand. 400 mg's daily is the usual dose I believe. I learned about it from VKierman on here a few months ago. Milk Thistle is good for the liver and for reducing excessive Reverse T3's. Not sure right now if it helps with Estrogen or not...sorry to confuse you my listing it in my estrogen rant...lol!

15. I'm totally with you!!! I'd like to lose about 5 cup sizes! Shrink these ridiculous things down or else I'm having surgery to get them shrunk at some point

16. MJ*

MJ* New Member

thanks and MOOBS :D

17. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

We all want to look good no doubt. I've never worn a bikini and would love to have the body confidence to do that. But first and foremost, CT is about health. Detox symptoms abound because we're loaded up with toxins - in the liver, the fat tissue, etc etc. I can speak first hand about breast cancer because 18 months ago I was having a mastectomy. Trust me, small toxin-free breasts are better than ones loaded up with estrogen. If you don't detox them, the surgeon will.

18. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

For the last couple of months, I've been taking bioidentical hormones plus DIM. I've seen a fair amount of shrinkage of the girls but no changes elsewhere. I'll take that as a good sign that I'm getting rid of excess estrogen. I'm still on the fence about dunking them, though. Thanks for all the ideas.

19. Coriander

Coriander Silver

That's where my thinking is too Lauren. I want to be healthy, and strong, and resilient. Boobs or no boobs, I don't care. The only time in my life I had decent boobs was when I was pregnant, breastfeeding, and/or fat. All of those together a couple of times, but more recently, just fat. Now I've lost over 10Kg, and they're shrinking, but I still have at least 10Kg to go, so bye-bye boobies!

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When I do a CT Bath - my tub covers up to my waist... but that's mostly b/c we have an old post war 1950s house = old small bath tub that I Barely fit in and I'm 5'3"!

I keep wanting to go out to spa world - and hit their cold plunge pool.... I may just do it one day when I can swing the time!