1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Labs just came in- 26 year old male

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Ken23, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Lipids

total cholesterol (mg/dl) 251 <200
    LDL c direct 173 <100
    HDL-c 42 >40
    Triglycerides 182 <150
    non-hdl-c 209 <130

Apo B 143 <60
    LDL-p (nmol/L) 2486* H <1000
    sdldl-c (mg/dl) 63 <21
    %sdldl-c 37 <26
    Apo A-I 126 >131
    HDL-P umol/L 26.3 >35
    HDL2C mg/dl 7 >12
    Apo B: Apo A-I ratio 1.13 <.06
    Lpa Mass 6 :love:0

Myeloperoxidase 180
    Lp-PLA 110
    hs-CRP .7
    Fibrinogen 289

NT- ProBNP pg/ml 13
    Galectin-3 ng/ml 6.8

Metabolic

25-hydroxy-vitamin D (ng/mL) 41 (Optimal ranger- 30-100)
    Homocysteine (umol/L) 8

Renal

Cystatin C (mg/L) .48
    estimated glomerular filt. rate 150
    creatinine,serum mg/dl 1.0

Sterol Absorption Markers

campesterol 3.50
    campesterol ration 135
    sitosterol 3.26
    sitosterol ratio 121
    cholestanol 3.32
    cholestanol ratio 132
    Desmosterol 1.71
    Desmo ratio 68

Glycemic control

Glucose (mg/dl) 63 (optimal range 70-99)
    HbA1c % 5.0
    estimated average glucose 96.8
    glycation gap -1.44
    postprandial glucose index 7.2 High risk range 7.9

Free fatty acid mmol/l 1.44 (optimal .6)
    a-hydroxybutyrate ug/ml 15.9 (optimal 4.5)
    Oleic Acid ug/ml 118 (optimal less than 60)
    linoleoyl-gpc 14.7
    ir score 9.7
    homa-ir .4
    Insulin 3 (optimal 3-9)

Liver

ALT/GPT 15
    AST/GOT 19
    ALP 60 40-129
    total bilirubin 1.0

Testosterone
    Ng/dl 570 (280-800)

Cardiometabolic

Parathyroid hormone 22.5 Referenc range 15-65 pg/ml
    Leptin 2.4 .2-25.2 ng/ml
    adiponectin 7.2
    ferritin 106
    Cortisol A.M. 21* 6.2-19.4
    t4 7.9 4.5-11.7 ug/dl
    t3 .9
    free t4 1.5
    free t3 2.4
    tsh 4.0
    uric acid 9.2* 3.4-7.0

If anyone has the time to take a glance at what this might mean it would be appreciated. Just got them today.
    Been eating epi paleo for 2 months. This was taken little over a month ago. Suffering from Bi polar, anxiety, hairloss etc.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am not good at this - so someone will come along to help.......

your Vit D needs to come up ...and your hsCRP is good

Are you doing C/T? you really need this........

What about your EMF exposure? That is the most important thing to control - by far and away....... more important than food. Have you listened to Jack's podcasts?

3. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Caroline, iv been taking cold showers for the past two months, going to start ice baths next week. As far as emf goes Iv been walking barefoot on the beach as much as possible and trying to limit electronics.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good man! What about fake light? Do you have blue blockers?

5. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo New Member

HS-CRP ideally is below 0.5 .... so your number is okay, but not optimal .... closer to zero, the better.

Free T3 and TSH numbers indicate possible hypothryoidism.

Triglycerides are pretty high ... how clean is your diet? Eating any grains?

Uric acid is high ... once again raises questions about your diet.

am cortisol is good or a bit high ... appears like you have good energy upon waking in the morning

Testosterone looks low ... I assume that is total .... free T is a more meaningful number

Finally .... anytime you post labs, please include the lab ranges .... your labs appear to be from Labcorp ... but as Dr. K says "I hate guessing".

6. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Caroline- no I do not. Guessing I should get some heh.

ATL Paleo- Sorry about the ranges . The labs are from Health Diagnostic Laboratory inc. and Singulex. I'm not eating any grains and adhering to the diet very strictly. When I took the blood test I was waking up pretty easily, recently it feels as though I don't have as much energy in the am. yes, the testosterone is total I think. To your point about hypothyroidism- My hands and feet have been ice cold.

Thank you both for responding
    Also, not sure this is relevant, but one page of the lab gives diagnosis and said my glucose was consistent with hypoglycemia and that there is evidence of insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia. The dr. then told me I was pre diabetic. This makes sense as I was having trouble with my blood sugar prior to the diet. With that being said Should I adjust anything as far as adding supplementation? or is this blood sugar problem probably in my rear view mirror?

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

You definitely need to avoid fake lite.........when the sun sets.....so should you. No lights after sunset!

Are you drinking spring water? Do you have a magnetico pad? Get outside and lay naked in the grass! :)

8. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Caroline- Im drinking Poland Spring water. no I don't have a Magnetico pad, ill research those. Id lay naked in the grass but I don't want to freak out the neighbors lol

9. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

I think I've connected a few dots here.....A few days ago I posted that my head has been over heating throughout the day, getting much too hot. Iv been drinking a lot of spring water all through the day thinking this might be a dehydration problem. But I have been urinating so much, feels like I pee everything I take in. I think I remember something Dr. K wrote about this. Is it possible I am just not absorbing enough water? And this is leading to the overheating of my head and ice cold hands and feet. I believe Dr. K wrote about magnesium helping with this so I was going to start Magnesium baths either (espom salts or magnesium chloride), take a vit D3 in the morning. Am I on the right track with this thinking?

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes. Grounding helps, CT helps, sunshine helps, lack of artificial EMF helps.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

what nonchalant said ^^^^^^^^^

really work on your EMF ..... you may be getting tons more than you realise. You are near an ocean I think?

12. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Nonchalant- Im going to try and do even more with that. Thanks for the advice

Caroline- Yes I live close, nj shore

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. K. Has said .....if you live near an ocean and aren't in everyday you need your butt kicked! I think he used more colorfully language than that.....:)

This ^^^^^ would do you a world of good. Do you have a dog? You could play in the surf year round...

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are in a really bad area for high EMF...

15. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Poland springs water has some flouride in it. Wal mart sells reverse osmosized water by the gallon

16. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

Caroline- Hah I do have a dog but shes too old to run around anymore. Could take her for a walk down by the water though. Good idea.

Awainer1- Thanks for the heads up. I was sure they were on a list of non fluoridated spring water but I am going to switch tomorrow.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Your dog is too old to run around? Just like me.......

Your dog needs electrons too.....

18. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

yes shes 17!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Me too......