1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Labs in - Is it my field or what?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by HoneyChild, Nov 18, 2013.

1. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I did a basic blood test on Friday (cd22) and got the results today. I'm concerned about quite a few things, I know I should really do more testing but I was hoping that this test would at least give me an idea if my field is a major problem or not.

Basically I'm 31, have no libido and intercourse is painful. I get swollen toes from time to time and this summer developed xanthelasma around my eyes (basically little orange blobs under my skin). This is supposed to be related to oxLDL and heart disease!

I started leptin reset this time last year along with cold showers and occasional cold baths. I've always been naturally slim however I ended up losing more weight than I expected and now I think I'm underweight. Whenever I do cold baths I seem to lose even more which scares me and I stop doing them.

I also started having problems with waking up in the night hot and thirsty but this appears to have stopped since I cut back on the fruit about a month ago.

I do my best to keep technology to a minimum, I work from home, don't have wifi or cordless phones. My magnetic field at night is very low and I have a magnet sitting on the floor under my bed. I wear UVEX glasses in the evening.

The only supplements I take are maca and magnesium spray on my feet.

The problems with where I live are: live couple of flights up, city population about 1.2 million, nearest cell phone masts are about 1/4 mile away. We're desperate to move however I'm struggling to find the idea home away from other houses.

I have some other tests I did earlier in the year and will post them soon.

Code:
    Test			Result	Units		Reference Range

Red Blood Cells
    HAEMOGLOBIN 		13.9 	g/dL 		11.5 - 15.5
    HCT 			0.419 			0.33 - 0.45
    RED CELL COUNT 		4.59 	x10^12/L 	3.95 - 5.15
    MCV 			91.3 	fL 		80 - 99
    MCH 			30.3 	pg 		26.0 - 33.5
    MCHC 			33.2 	g/dL 		30 - 35
    RDW 			13.6 			11.5 - 15.0

White Blood Cells
    WHITE CELL COUNT 	5.04 	x10^9/L 	3.0 - 10.0
    Neutrophils 		2.57 	x10^9/L 	2.0 - 7.5
    Lymphocytes 		1.64 	x10^9/L 	1.2 - 3.65
    Monocytes 		0.42 	x10^9/L 	0.2 - 1.0
    Eosinophils 		* 0.41 	x10^9/L 	0.0 - 0.4
    Basophils 		0.01 	x10^9/L 	0.0 - 0.1
    			Eosinophilia. Normal RBC and platelet populations.

Clotting Cells
    PLATELET COUNT 		285 	x10^9/L		150 - 400
    MPV 			11.1 	fL 		7 - 13

Kidney Function
    SODIUM 			* 134 mmol/L 	135 - 145
    POTASSIUM 		* 5.4 mmol/L 	3.5 - 5.1
    CHLORIDE 		* 94 mmol/L 	98 - 107
    BICARBONATE (CO2)	* 20 mmol/l 	22 - 29
    UREA 	(BUN)		3.5 mmol/L 	1.7 - 8.3
    			= 9.8mg/dL
    CREATININE 		62 umol/L 	49 - 92
    			= 0.70/mg/dL
    BUN/CREATININE  ratio = 14 (hopefully I've worked this out correctly!)

Liver Function
    BILIRUBIN 		13 	umol/L 	0 - 20
    ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 	47	 IU/L 	35 - 104
    ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 	23	 IU/L 	0 - 31
    ALANINE TRANSFERASE 	17	 IU/L 	10 - 35
    CK 			62 	IU/L 	26 - 140
    GAMMA GT 		12 	IU/L 	6 - 42

Minerals
    CALCIUM 		2.41 	mmol/L 	2.15 - 2.55
    Corrected Calcium 	2.32 	mmol/L 	2.15 - 2.55
    PHOSPHATE 		0.93 	mmol/L 	0.87 - 1.45

Gout Test
    URIC ACID 		297 	umol/L 	175 - 363

Diabetes Test
    RANDOM BLOOD GLUCOSE (FL) 	4.2 	mmol/L 	3.5 - 7.9
    FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE (FL) 	4.2 	mmol/L 	3.5 – 5.8
    					=75.6 mg/dl

Iron Profile
    IRON 			22.0 	umol/L 	6.6 - 26.0
    T.I.B.C 		46 	umol/L 	41 - 77
    TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 	48 	% 	20 - 55

Lipid Profile
    TRIGLYCERIDES	 	1.4 	mmol/L 	< 2.3
    			= 124 mg/dl
    CHOLESTEROL	 	* 11.1 	mmol/L 	Optimum <5.0
    			= 429 mg/dl
    HDL CHOLESTEROL	 	* 2.1 	mmol/L 	1.2 - 1.7
    			=81 mg/dl
    LDL CHOLESTEROL	 	* 8.4 	mmol/L 	Up to 3.0
    			=325 mg/dl

Heart Disease Risk
    HDL 	% of total 	* 19 	% 	20 and over

Thyroid Test
    FREE THYROXINE  	17.9 	pmol/l 	12.0 - 22.0
    = 1.39 ng/dL

Proteins
    TOTAL PROTEIN 	79 	g/L 	63 - 83
    ALBUMIN 	49 	g/L 	34 - 50
    GLOBULIN 	30 	g/L 	19 - 35

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  2. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Oh damn, I never printed/saved the results I got from ZRT and now I can't seem to login to their website. I've contacted them to see if they can help. The night before I got this test done I had a terrible night's sleep as I woke up feeling really hot and thirsty and had to go to the kitchen to get some water. Anyway these were pretty much the results:

Cortisol
    In relation to reference range:

Morning: Slightly above
    Lunch: middle
    Dinner: high
    Night: bottom

I think I've got problems controlling my blood sugar in the early evening because I often feel on the verge of panic as I'm cooking my dinner. Feels like low blood sugar but I've never got tested to confirm this.

My DHEA, progesterone and testosterone were at the bottom of the reference range.

Estradiol was a bit below the reference range.

3. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Another thing, last week I got ketone strips and both times I've tested I show to be in moderate ketosis.

4. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

You need to order the Genova Complete Hormone Test, the Salivary Melatonin Test, and the GI Effects test. I'm about to release the Biohacking 101 series, which will be helpful to you to understand the biohacking journey. Gretchen has some great stuff on her site to help you get these tests from Genova done affordably.

Without these key tests, you're just reading the tea leaves. Get the tests, and then sign up for the Heal Your Hormones Bootcamp, and HANG ON because the dots will connect pretty fast!!!

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 47 IU/L 35 - 104
    below 60 anorgasmic
    vitamin-c
    zinc
    D3

http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct357.aspx
    BodyBio PC (Phosphatidylcholine)
    300 SoftGels (900mg)
    eat 4/day

expensive, shop around for prices
    webwitamins.com
    fubaohealth.com

need for (Phosphatidylcholine)
    and high morning cortisol (which may indicate need for PS (PhosphatidylCholine)

Make me think that your phospholipids need attention
    also do
    Fatty Acid Profile (see below)
    and do proper diet adjustment to optimize outliers.

Often many are low on Fatty Acid GLA
    if that is so, check also DGLA

GLA C18:3w6 Gamma Linolenic (when low add evening primrose, black currant) (do not use borage oil)
    DGLA C20:3w6 Dihomo-y Linolenic (when low add black currant oil) (no need for evening primrose (to support GLA) when using black currant)

=============================================================

Assuming that you measure most steroid hormones in healthy person and take that as 100%
    DHEAs participation is 95%
    Total Cortisol participation is 4.5%
    all other are 0.5%

You must start with adjusting DHEA. Eat DHEA pills.

From your description you still likely have sufficient cortisol but have to distribute it properly.
    Properly= according to Circadian Rhythm.
    Dr Kruse discusses that part in number of his blogs.
    BAB, proper way of sleeping and light exposure goes a long way to improve your Circadian Rhythm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lef.org/protocols/index.htm

DHEA Restoration Therapy

http://www.lef.org/protocols/metabolic_health/dhea_restoration_01.htm

Women 275–400 µg/dL

Men: 350–490 µg/dL

Eat DHEA pills untill DHEAs~300 then start asking questions.

Look at my posts here:

http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508#post81508

from the (LONG LIST for LabCorp )

do at least
    58 ------- Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

But do the whole list if possible.
    If you are checking cortisol, serum be at the lab at 6:30AM, after 9 hr fasting, drink 12-16oz water at 6AM
    if you are checking hormones
    when menstruating, do the testing first at day 3-4 of cycle, latter when you have already approximately adjusted (day 3-4), start checking days (19-21)
    post-menapausal can draw blood for hormones any day

////////////////////////////

2/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

2-3 weeks after eating selenium start Lugol's

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW

7/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D
    5/day CarlsonVitamin K2 Menatetrenone 5 mg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

do not eat any statins
    do not eat any fish or krill oils, they can be outright adulterated, but even if at their best form, they have super high EPA levels and that will suppress AA (bad news), add to that claim #1, dr Kruse says that DHA from fish or krill oils have missing electrons (missing helio ??).
    do not eat LA Linoleic Acid, C18:2w6
    do not eat ALA a-Linolenic Acid, C18:3w3

do not eat anything made of grains, corn, white potatoes, sugar

learn about fatty acids omega3 and omega6. Available food contains mostly omega6
    you have to avoid eating omega6 (with all your due diligence, you will still end up eating too much O6)
    you have to emphasize omega3
    you will know more about your actual status from blood test

Are you white or dark skin?
    you may have a low alpha-MSH
    may try injections of (Melanotan II), you can buy it on line, if you do I will help you with dose.
    Do not use it if you have skin blemishes or moles, they will get much darker when sun tanning.
    (Melanotan II)(MT-II) is not complete replacement of alpha-MSH, sometimes it helps with orgasms but very often helps with ease of tanning (hello vit D).
    Alternatively there is Bremelanotide (MT-141), but likely less successful (but always worth trying).
    Some claim that MT-141 works better for orgasms.

//////////////////

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  6. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

You're right I need to get more labs done. Because I live in the UK I'm going to see what I can get done on the NHS first of all. There's no point in spending a lot of money on something I might be able to get for free.

I remember getting bitten by a tick years ago and I still get the occasional flare up where I was bitten. It's as though the infection tries to rear its ugly head but my immune system just knocks it back down.

7. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Thanks for your reply JanSz, I'm just concerned that supplementing with things like DHEA isn't dealing with the root problem. I mean, I have all this LDL but it's not converting to the hormones correctly, as a result the LDL just builds up and oxidises which is why I have these orange blobs around my eyes. I dread to think what else is going on.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Your bun/Creatine ratio isn't as bad as mine! I'm still rolling about in the 20's

Your trigs are high, they need to come down; HDL is good.

you definitely need a full thyroid & hormone panel if you can get it.

Initial look- your field isn't great, but better than mine... so what can you fix field wise in your work/living space?

9. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I've been spending a lot of time reading the blogs, my own CO2 is very much on the low side...

"Any type of cellular stress lowers our stores of ATP and of Magnesium (Mg) because they are coupled together by our ATPase enzyme as we saw in this post. This is classically seen in diabetes development as we mentioned there. Another interesting thing also occurs to the cell, that we clinicians can follow on our patients regular labs like a Chem 7. Their carbon dioxide (CO2) levels also fall because mitochondria are actively transfer tons of electrons to O2 to make more ATP to replace the deficit from the stress. This causes a simultaneous drop in CO2. The normal cellular response to ANY cellular stress however is rather telling to review for most lay people and MD’s because they may have forgot how that biochemistry works. The simultaneous fall in ATP and Mg stimulates the cell to make LDL cholesterol! Yes, you read that correctly folks, the supposedly bad LDL stuff, LOL! It is obviously not bad if the cell is making it for some reason. Let us look why the cell does this. You may want to reread this blog on cholesterol."

http://www.jackkruse.com/cellular-depletions-why-should-you-care/

Over the summer I was taking mito supplements D-ribose, coq10 and magnesium as well as D3, K2, iodine, selenium, borax, b2 and b3. Never noticed anything from them, of course I wasn't getting any labs done so it's difficult to know if anything was actually working or not.

10. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Only things I can think of include getting longer wiring so the computer can be placed further away from me.
    Get some metal sheets to shield the computer.
    Get new electrical box installed so that the individual circuits can be switched off.
    Get darker blue blocking glasses.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The field affecting you may not be in your house/flat. it could be from your neighbors wifi, or from the cell transmission tower, or the electrical lines, or the radio waves ...

You talk about your LDL not converting. Its not converting for two reasons 1) your vitamin A cycle is off (you're body's not making Vitamin A from exposure to sunlight and from eating foods like oysters and liver) and your Free T3 isn't able to work properly to convert the LDL with Vitamin A to make pregnenelone - so you've got a classic case of pregnenenolne steal syndrome going on.

So you need to look at four things - 1)your vitamin A cycle - go back and re-read hormones 102. & 2) you need to figure out if your making Reverse T3 instead of Free T3. if you're making Reverse T3 it will compete and prohibit any Free T3 your body's making (you've got to find out what's happening and fix this). 3) T4 is converted in the Gut to T3. you've got some gut issues going on that's impacting your thyroid. 4) Problems with your thyroid can directly impact your cortisol, telling your body that it's stressed b/c you don't have enough Free T3 to help Vitamin A to convert LDL to your Sex hormones.

you're in a perpetual do-loop. I'd start there. you can supplement pregnenolone - to help move your forward -but if you don't know whats driving your pregneneelone steal you won't fix the issue...

just my 2 cents...

12. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Prior to getting this blood test I had a flare of swollen toes however this problem had mainly subsided, just a little bit of residual swelling. Interesting to note that the Eosinophils were flagged as high, this is associated with parasites and allergies.

"They can’t use their newly minted cholesterol fast enough to make steroids or new mitochondrial membranes because they don’t have enough T3 and or Vitamin A. So the excess cholesterol oxidizes and is taken up by the arteries and deposited in macrophages that will later become foam cells and eventually an atherosclerotic plaque that could make your coronary artery blow up or clot and cause a heart attack. Any cellular stressor can do the same thing. Infection, high cortisol levels, obesity, even trauma, even sleep apnea."

http://www.jackkruse.com/cellular-depletions-why-should-you-care/

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I wish you luck.
    ------------------
    I am not a doctor,
    but you have chance to ask Dr Tim Jackson tonight for his opinion.

Heal Your Hormones Bootcamp

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Restarting hormonal production is a noble goal.

I would love to hear someone reporting about his/her's successful re-started hormonal production.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  14. freesia

freesia Old Member

Honey C
    You mentioned a possibility of parasites ;) so I'll jump up here. Just throwing this into the mix in case it turns out to be helpful!
    Have you heard Andreas Kalcker's take on how it is chlorine dioxide (along with a parasite protocol tailored to the lunar cycle) is working so well for so many kids with ASDs right now?
    (*Kalcker is calling the condition parasitical vaccinosis.)
    I haven't seen many labs so I don't know precisely how exactly it's working for these kids. CD is supposed to alter the charge on the mitochondrial membrane.
    The whole CD use thing is a bit controversial. Less civilised forums will not have a bar of it! Do you know if you have parasites?
    I'm giving the CD/parasite protocol a whirl because my ME really kicked off with a protozoal infection...even though a slow decline began several years earlier I think after a Rubella shot.
    Really don't want to hi-jack your thread here where you're getting great feedback on your labs - which is what you wanted. You can always PM me here or on FB where there's a CD support group for adults, if you want to know more about the above.
    Anne.

15. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Thanks Anne, I'll have a look at Andreas Kalcker's work, I have heard of CD and know about its controversies, lol.

I have no idea if I have parasites in the gut, I don't have the typical symptoms. All I know is that the tick bite I got years ago continues to flare up, maybe every couple of months. I have no idea if these kinds of infections are ever "killed" or if they're simply "suppressed" by the immune system which is what happens with viruses.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Parasite or not,
    diatomaceous earth food grade is extremely cheap.
    1-2 teaspoons/day will chelate aluminum some other metals and number of parasites if you have them, as a bonus.