1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LaBellaVita's (LBV) Labs, bad thyroid, high CRP, need help

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by labellavita, Jun 18, 2016.

1. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I'm hoping someone can give me some solid tips in approaching my new labs. I knew that my thyroid labs would be off, dr is trying to bring my meds (synthetic) back up to where they were before I started on the desiccated thyroid hormone (which did not work out for me). I was on 300mg Levothyroxine previously, wanted to try desiccated, dr put me on 3-4 tablets a day (my choice, take whichever dosage made me feel good), each were 130mg I believe. Felt great at first but then the palps became really bad, lowered my dose again and again and it just kept getting worse and worse, so now I'm building back up on the synthetic dosage again.

As for the Vit D, I have not used supplemental D this year, so I knew that I had work to do. Considering my previous health history (cancer), I'm wondering if I should be on supplemental D for a little while to beef up my numbers faster, or is that just fake beefing and just stay the "natural sunshine" course? Would going up a few points here make a substantial difference in health? Is hanging out at a lower level while working my way up worse for me than a supp?

Folic acid and homocysteine are both OK. Does this mean that I'm methylating just fine? I do have MTHFR C677+/-.

C-reactive protein is pretty scary. I knew that I would have inflammation but was still shocked at that number. It scares me worse that the TSH.

TSH: 224.11 (0.550-4.780 uiU/mL)
    Free T3: 1.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/mL)
    Free T4: 0.44 (0.89-1.76 ng/dL)
    RT3: 7.7 (9.0-27.0 ng/dL)
    Ferritin: 156 (10.0-291.0 ng/mL)
    Vit D 25-OH: 26.8 (30-80 ng/mL)
    Vit B12: 794 (211-911 ng/mL)
    Folic Acid: 8.64 (>5.38 ng/mL)
    Homocysteine: 7.6 (5.0-15.0 umol/L)
    C-reactive protein: 16 (0.00-5.00 mg/L) --- very high!

CBC: everything is normal

I know D helps with inflammation. Just keep on getting the sunshine? Will go back on curcumin. I was taking it before but quit taking all of my supplements at the beginning of the year because I began gagging on them. Maximizing my thyroid would likely help too? ( seems thyroid links to inflammation also: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/inflammation/ )

I'm really not in a good place emotionally, I think part of it is thyroid issues, also dr says I'm in menopause now (according to previous labs). I really do not like the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde mood swings. Most of the time I am Jekyll and am OK, but other times I'm Hyde, I wake up some mornings with a tightness in my stomach, feels like the nervous/queasy stomach one may feel before they go on stage and have to give a speech and they hate public speaking... I wake up with this feeling and it can stay with me for days. Some days I almost feel that I could vomit. :-( Then it will go away, be gone for days/weeks and then come back again. My dr suggested that I go on a hormone pellet therapy (they inject the pellet under the skin in the hip region). Was like $400 for every 4 months or so. Not in my budget. I'm due back to the dr in 2 months for new thyroid labs, should I request something like a hormone patch? I really want to be as natural as possible but at this point I really feel that I need to do something.

Thanks for any tips or direction.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I mentioned somewhere else about Atlanta and its population density.............it is toxic. So why are your labs telegraphing this? Because the labs are the result of the nnEMF and blue light all around you punishing your PVN. Until you get that message.......you will continue to get what you are getting. This is why I tell people, and they hate it, you can never get well in the same environment you got ill within. Why? Doug Wallace video tells you. It all goes back to mitochondrial energy flows.

You must assimilate that knowledge to get you to action.

Science does not care about your choices everyday, it just holds you to them...........That is what your labs are signaling to me. A storybook is inside of us all. Everything that comes our way is either a blessing, lesson, opportunity, or a test. Each letter, each word and every sentence is teaming with life and our actions will grace the pages to keep it from dying. If we have touched another's life with our action and through our words, then we have lived. Are you committed to change yet? Anyone can dabble in it, but once you've made that commitment, it's very hard to stop you. A committed person never gives up, despite all the obstacles they face, they keep walking towards their destiny not allowing even the slightest discomfort to distract them. That's the difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permits, but when you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. Commitment is the reason why some people succeed and others wonder if they could ever. Personal life commitments are centered around three F's. Be Fixed. Be Focused. Be Faithful. Charisma may get you in the front door, but it's the commitment that closes the back door! The first person we have to commit to, is ourselves. A committed mind never falters under a load. Commitment is the reason you might be living your life a little different in order to carry out your vision. People say "how do you find the time?" Time is always there; there was 24 hours in the day for DaVinci just like there is for us all. You don't find the time, you find the commitment to get things done. Today, begin.

caroline and digital like this.
  3. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Jack, I hear you loud and clear. I am a stay-at-home mom homeschooling my kids who is trying to get a home biz going so that I have choices. One of my choices might be divorce because I want to go and he wants to stay, so trust me, I hear you, I get $#%&^@! mad over this. I am committed to change.

caroline likes this.
  4. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I was wondering, with my medical history and the nature of my lab results, should I go on D supplementation temporarily, or just continue getting sunshine? I know D supplementation doesn't work in the body quite the same as real sunshine does. Thank you.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Vit D from sun is vit D(sulfate)
    Vit D from supplements is not. Do not use.
    Get Sperti lamp and eat garlic, onions, leeks, MSM (source of sulfur)
    D/UV-F KBD Sperti Fluorescent Table Top Lamp
    from Vitamin D Flourescent

[​IMG]
    Raise vit D till
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    or more.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Bonnie likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not use pellets.

Before your body can make a use out of FreeT3 you must have good cortisol levels.
    You are in menopause
    Ask your doctor for
    prometrium 200mg
    use it at bed time
    Start with 200mg (one pill)
    Use as many pills until your get on blood test
    cortisol,serum(7;30AM) =~20ug/dL
    after
    you get there
    get natural thyroid hormone pills from pigs (preferably 60mg=1grain)
    use as many of as it takes to get
    FreeT3= (3.5-4.2) pg/mL)
    but easy after you reach 3 grains
    and re-study your approach if you would need more than 5grains
    ===
    in the mean time for a month
    1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    after that month continue with selenium
    but
    add (slowly)
    until you get full dropper/day

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
    companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2013/12/29/companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol/

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Bonnie likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Husband is good for sex.
    Get all he can muster and more.

That should increase your oxytocin, makes you friendly and gay.
    Life is easier that way.

Bonnie and cantweight like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What kind cancer?
    -------
    Melatonin and cortisol are major hormones of Circadian Rhythm.
    Presence of melatonin suppresses cortisol.
    Best is to have blood cortisol(7;30AM)=~20ug/dL and then follow the curve.
    Or more accurately, follow the needs of current minute.
    Melatonin is mainly produced in pineal gland also in the eye.
    Occular melatonin is produced in the eye under UV exposure.
    UV exists in sunlight for two hrs before and two hrs after solar noon.
    Solar noon is offset by one hour due to (summer sawing time)
    In summer clock is moved ahead by 1 hr, UV is present 11AM-3PM.
    Pineal melatonin production is stopped by exposure to blue light, 460-480nm
    To have a good night sleep, UV exposure is need (in mid day) and lack of blue light about 2-3 hrs before bed time.
    UV light that is present at earth surface is made of UVA and UVB (UVC - the bad one, is stopped by upper atmosphere)
    To stop pineal melatonin production, when getting of the bed, look at sun, sky, bright light containing blue, Exo Terra Solar Glow 160W.
    UVA --- skin tan, melanin, thyroid
    UVB --- vit D(sulfate) ie; not the same as in supplements
    Do not use synthetic T4(Synthroid), to make it work body must convert it to T3 first, many people are not able to make that conversion
    Sun exposure makes blood pressure lower.
    Desirable cortisol level fluctuates during the day.
    There are two ways that fluctuation happens, average and instantaneous.
    On the chart dotted line indicate instantaneous (temporary).
    Do not use supplemental cortisol (Hydrocortisone, Medrol, Prednisolone, etc)
    They will keep cortisol level constant, not even average, forget about instantaneous body needs.
    When faced with need of supplementing low cortisol,
    best is to start with pregnenolone,
    second best progesterone
    dose must be (at least) big enough to achieve cortisol,serum(7;30) as above.
    Latter, that dose may need to be adjusted to account for found pregnenolone and progesterone levels.
    There is also a long list of micronutrients that may be need to support intermediate pathways.
    Selenium and iodine/potassium iodide as listed on post above are major, major, major
    Instead of guessing (for the next fifteen years) what those needs are, use
    Spectracell Micronutrients analysis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  10. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

Such and interesting thread. How do you know all this stuff Janz?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Most of it is what @Jack is saying (I think), just in my words.

Bonnie likes this.
  12. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Thank you, Jan. I'm not taking D supplements and do not want to, was just worried with my history is a quick but somewhat mediocre raise in my D levels better than waiting on the sun to raise them naturally.

I will check out the lamps, thank you.

13. labellavita

labellavita New Member

I don't want to use the pellets, I want to do this naturally, I'm just so very tired of trying to figure this out on my own, I wish I could go to a dr that could look at my issues and create a plan FOR ME. My dr says he's open to natural and he does actually prescribe desiccated thyroid hormone (NatureThroid) but when it comes down to it he is about pills and pellets. :-( He didn't know why the desiccated hormone gave me such bad palpitations, even on a very low dose.

So are you saying that the Prometrium will help with my cortisol levels? I have no hot flashes, just moodiness and finally am having a ceasing of menses (or if not ceasing, very long breaks between cycles).

I was taking Terry Naturally Thyroid Care iodine. Dropped it when I began having the palpitations as I read that it could cause palps. I have used Lugol's before, will purchase some.

I have selenium that I was taking but quit when I began gagging on supplements. It is 200 mcg l-selenomethionine.

So I should have my cortisol levels tested? I was tested a few years ago and was a little low first thing in the morning and later in the morning, like 11 am. Other two times a day my levels were normal. I will need to be retested as this was a few years ago, but if I do get this done, do you recommend I go on something like hydrocortisone or is there a way to naturally supplement this?

14. labellavita

labellavita New Member

LOL, husband will approve.

15. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Multiple Myeloma. It affects plasma cells, the immune system and bone marrow.

OK, here you say do not use hydrocortisone.

I am printing off your messages so that I can reread them and research this all out. Thank you, Jan.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good, you be the proactive one and all in smiles and roses.
    Gain for both of you on number of levels.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not know why you are getting palpitations, or what actually happen when you are describing it as palpitations.
    But in this context, one possible scenario:
    you may be full of good thyroid hormone FT3 (that is inactive due to persistent low free cortisol)
    then
    you are suddenly coming with lots cortisol
    that is recipe for getting
    thyroid hormone storm (of varying proportions)
    ----
    Remember (cortisol first, FT3 second)
    -----
    ---------------------------------------------------
    You do not want to supplement with hydrocortisone or any other synthetic cortisol
    that keeps you invalid.
    You will newer be able to experience circadian rhythm.

But understanding and following @Jack Kruse best advice (of natural living) may still keep you deficient.
    Hence supplementation.
    It is best to supplement in the highest possible place where things normally happen.
    You want to maximize your body's involvement and regulation capability.
    So in this context
    pregnenolone supplementation is better than progesterone.
    Both may work.
    Doctors often use progesterone.
    I am not a doctor.
    I did this work on myself by myself (with many iterations that I am trying to save you from).
    Pregnenolone supplementation set me free.
    That is (I do not use it anymore and still have high cortisol)

Problems with pregnenolone
    it is over the counter, good (and bad) pregnenolone are expensive when taken every day for many years.
    I know of only one brand of pregnenolone that worked for me.
    Progesterone is by script only (most of the time), insurance pays.

////

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health-conditions/multiple-myeloma/
    Risk factors
    Risk factors of multiple myeloma may include:
    • Obesity
    • Diet, with fruit and vegetable consumption associated with reduced risk
    • Environmental toxins (radiation, hydrocarbon chemicals)
    Multiple myeloma occurs twice as often in African-Americans than in white Americans.

Sunlight exposure and multiple myeloma risk
    There is evidence that solar ultraviolet-B (UVB) light reduces the risk of multiple myeloma. Several geographical studies found reduced rates of multiple myeloma in regions with higher solar UVB doses. Also, a study of teachers in California found greatly reduced risk of multiple myeloma for those living in regions of higher UVB doses.

Vitamin D and multiple myeloma
    Vitamin D levels
    There is limited information on the benefits of vitamin D and multiple myeloma risk. According to two U.S. studies:
    • People with more advanced cases of multiple myeloma at time of diagnosis had lower vitamin D levels. However, people with advanced multiple myeloma may spend more time indoors and therefore have less sun exposure.
    • A Harvard study of U.S. doctors found a slightly reduced risk of multiple myeloma for those with higher vitamin D levels.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Vitamin D and multiple myeloma

Usually the desired level is
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    make that double for you
    and all natural.
    Must have a Sperti to get there but maximize sun. Look for Sperti in my previous post.

The picture below is to tell you to not go over (500nmol/L=200ng/mL)
    because then it (may) become toxic (no guarantee).
    Article there talks about supplementing with vit D, that would be a cop out, likely missing on many not yet discussed sunlight benefits.

[​IMG]

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

From
    Risk factors
    Risk factors of multiple myeloma may include:

• Obesity
    • Diet, with fruit and vegetable consumption associated with reduced risk
    -----------------------------------------
    From @Jack Kruse

Carotenoids are good (carrots, night shades)
    (promotes singlet (bad) to triplets (good) oxygen conversion)
    but carotenoids are bad in bad light

-----------------------------------------