1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lab Update...help

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by WannaBeOptimal, Sep 12, 2012.

1. WannaBeOptimal

WannaBeOptimal New Member

2. WannaBeOptimal

Not doing something right here, although jpgs are clickable

3. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

OK, not sure if I'm reading these right, but it seems you have a CRP not an hsCRP and that you have a TSH but no T3 or T4. So very hard to gauge thyroid function or inflammation. It appears HDL is high. And fasting glucose is high, too. Are you worried about diabetes/insulin issues?

4. WannaBeOptimal

Thanks for responding again, Lauren.

Yes, I am concerned about my blood glucose. Last quarter it had gone down into the low 90's, but as you can see, is back up. My diet is semi-epi-paleo, as compared to plain ole paleo. Labs were done about 10 days after returning from vacation, were my diet was tight, but I drank a lot of red wine over the week. Don't know if this could have caused the spike.

Actually, HDL is low (36), but slowly rising over the last few months. Obviously need to get that up. The TSH is ricidulously low (.05), but don't have hyper symptoms...although my sleep has gotten worse during the last couple of months. The CRP is the highly sensitive type, according to my Doc. I asked about this specifically.

Should have some new labs this week on my thyroid panel, which I requested upon seeing that TSH number...last labs had my T3 at the low end of normal. So we have TSH way on the hyper side, yet T3 is low...sumtin goin on here.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

booze really raises FBG is your liver is LR.........

6. Don't forget to run labs on the thyroid antibodies (TPO & TgAB).

7. WannaBeOptimal

Thanks, Patty...will ask for those on the Nov. labs. Don't know that I have been tested for those. Maybe long, long time ago.