1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lab results back...need help please

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Khim, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Khim

Khim New Member

Hi all,

Just got most of my lab results back and I need help. My cortisol levels are high as far as I can tell and low low DHEA. Some labs are still not back yet. But just a little history of my health...

Born 2 months premature.
    Very skinny from birth to age 12, never felt hungry, only ate because it was meal time. I have often asked my friends what hunger feels like, weird.
    Weight became normal with puberty but started getting cellulite at 14 years old despite being active. Also started having migraines.
    Worked night and double shifts at 7-Eleven for a year after graduating high school, insomnia set in and then high blood pressure. Treated with HBP with chinese herbal concoction.
    Started gaining weight at college due to stress of working and studying. Developed peptic ulcer, gained a lot of weight from taking Tagamet with milk. Lost weight after college doing karate.

Moved to Australia when our daughter was 3 yo. It was a very stressful first couple of years trying to become permanent residents and that was when my hair started turning grey, gained weight, and insomnia was the worst.
    Worked night shift when our daughter started school so I can be home after school and on school holidays. I would also go to the gym after sending her to school. During this period I also developed asthma when our landlady decided to change all the windows in the whole apartment block while we were still staying there. I was put on Ventolin and after the first year and it got worse, so I decided to use alternative medicine to get better. I had started using Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar after reading a lot of positive feedback from a health website and from that website read about home remedies for asthma and decided to try it (It took about 8 months and asthma is gone, but my lungs are still weak. I would have mild chest congestions and chronic coughing every winter).

I was sleep-deprived, moody, and after 3 years my memory suffered big time. This was when I decided to get a part-time job working school hours and letting my body heal. Went back to full time when she was old enough to walk to school after we bought our house.

Started low cab again in Oct 2013 and have been since then but only lost 3kg after 3 months. Was doing Bulletproof coffee intermittent fasting, lost 2 kegs in 2 weeks and read about Leptin Rx on the BP forum. Started Leptin Reset in April and gained 4kgs after 2 months. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I am certainly "over-fat". Body comp is horrible, with poor skin elasticity. I used to have most fats in my hips, butt and thighs, but in the last year my upper arms are getting bigger with cellulites.

I hated most vegetables especially green leafy vegetables as they tasted extremely bitter to me, hated all meat, except for white meat chicken, hated shrimps. Loved crabs and white fish. It was until I was in college that I started loving green vegetables and shrimps. I still cannot tolerate the taste of red meat unless well marinated. Absolutely cannot tolerate salmon, tuna and fishy fish.

Here are my lab results. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cortisol 6:30 am 46 nmol/L
    Cortisol 8pm 30 nmol/L
    DHEA 3.4 umol/L
    Total Cholesterol 7.4 nmol/L
    Hdl. 2.9 nmol/L
    LDL 4.3 nmol/L
    Trig. 0.4 nmol/L
    LDL/ HDL ratio. 1.5
    Chol/HDL ratio 2.5
    IgG. Positive
    IgA. Low positive
    Homocysteine. 5.9 umol/L