1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kitchen Induction Cooktop

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by mdavid, Dec 5, 2020.

1. mdavid

mdavid Silver

Will be doing a kitchen renovation and looking to go high end, unfortunately no gas or propane available here otherwise would go gas, I know induction cooktops have been all the rage, however I understand they are electromagnets so I assume health optimization wise they are worse than a standard ceramic electric cooktop. Does anyone have any experience with them or has anyone taken a meter to them? I assume the worst thing you can do is touch the pan on an active induction burner or use a metal utensil in it, also concerned with standing next to it so curious how much worse it is than standard electric cooktop and how far out the negative EMF effects would be detrimental.

Thanks!

2. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I did test an induction stove ages ago & remember it was really bad. So would have any electric one except induction if that's your only choice. Have gas now, so can't help with readings.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

3. mdavid

mdavid Silver

So I went to a showroom over the weekend and tested the Wolf induction cooktop with my Trifield, at a standard distance back it registered 50-70mG but fell off very quickly about another foot back, the stove I am replacing which is just your standard electric coil stove throws off about 40mG from the same distance but does not seem to fall off quite as quickly. The induction seems to throw off a good amount of electric and radio/microwave as well which I don't know a whole lot about but that falls off fairly quickly and is pretty variable, while the electric stove I have now doesn't seem to throw off either. If anyone is familiar with these readings I would love to hear some insight.

For someone that is pretty healthy who cooks one to two meals a day and doesn't just stand there watching food cook is this that horrible in the big picture as compared to a standard electric stove? The microwaves I have tested seem to throw off even more and the signals seem to be detectable from even greater distances and I generally refrain from using them, not planning to install one in this kitchen. Unfortunately natural gas is not available any there are too many hoops to jump through with propane between town, permits, condo association, flood zone, state taxes and premium fees if not used for heating etc... Also not my full time home at the moment either, I have gas in my other home.