1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kipras Optimal Journal V2

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Daulatwant, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Swapped out tallow for beef trimmings. These include a lot of spongy bits that have more collagen in combination with the fats, i find these much more appealing than suet. Eating them raw or grinding with some leaner meat and cooking some super fatty meat pankackes. As I eat these fat trimmings I do not find much need to eat muscle meat. It seems like I am eating way less and am very satiated for much longer. Salt intake is high.

I also started feeding my cat the same fatty ground meat. He hasn't eaten this much fat if any ever before.

Any soreness and aches are gone. Feeling great.

Drank some juice from a whole pineapple few days ago, and had a couple teaspoons of honey two days ago, but that is it for carbs this week. And having some raw milk today so lactose.

2. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Started working in construction yesterday. It is not too hard, very calm and the work is installing roofing, so I'm out in the sun all the time. But nonetheless after two days I feel like I need two weeks of rest. I'm tired cognitively too, I'm not coordinating as well and am pretty distracted, I rode my bike straight into a pull up bar and hit my face.

Body is feeling fine. No excess fatigue, or soreness beyond just some tiredness. Digestion is good. Still got egzema on my palms, doesn't look and feel too good right now.

Been eating meat, fat trimmings and honey. some eggs and butter. 1-2tsp of salt. There isn't much appetite to eat, I do feel a slight craving for something, but I can't quite put a finger on it, my guess is I crave fat, but at the same time I do not want to eat it, maybe the sugar is messing with my appetite.

3. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

So yesterday I fell asleep at 8pm, got some good sleep. Woke up rested, a clear head and no more doubts about going to work.

4. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

9 days without eating any carbs, except some raw milk.
    Transitioned into carnivore without the diarrhea, fatigue or appetite loss. Had some unease on the 3rd day but it was smooth sailing from there.
    Was adding 1tsp of salt per liter of water in the beginning. Not trying to eat high fat.

5. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I just recently got myself a UVB reptile bulb. Started using it in the midday for a few minutes around different parts of my body, it's just a single cfl bulb.

Got sick yesterday. Woke up in the middle of the night and started puking. Nausea stopped after about 12 hours. Body temp was 37.6. Basically just drank straight spring water throughout most of this nothing else. Added a pinch of baking soda to water before going to sleep last night. And everything feels quite good today, still haven't eaten anything for over 40 hours.

Measured bp: 116/69. Usually my resting heart rate is equal to or above 70, but today it was as low as 60, right now I measured it was 62. Feels like something changed the oil in my honda engine and now it is running smooth once again. Curious to see what happens when I finally eat something.

Don't know whether something in the food triggered this or whether it was the uvb light. The honey and beef liver I was eating didn't taste quite right to me, maybe I was using too much salt for the ammount of water I drank, maybe combination of fats and honey triggered this.

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

The first thing I ate after my purge was bit of lean beef and a bit of cooked apple. And I drank bunch of water right on top of it as well. Kind of been eating just watever I come across. Juiced 4 oranges, then had some cheese dumplings, some bread, some cookies. On monday we bought a whole lamb carcass, grass fed, clean animals, ate the brains, eyes, chipping away at the liver bit by bit. Yesterday made a bone broth from the head, used it in a soup with beetroot and carrot. Eating a bunch of sugar and not as much fat.

20201026_175404.jpg

Had some digestive pains possibly due to fiber, but bowel movements have been excellent, maybe a bit pale.

The skin on my back where I used the UVB bulb the first time has peeled, it was from 15 or more minutes. I am trying to hit the more pale areas with the light keeping it for 5-7mins on one spot at a time.
    1603892618335-9091098.jpg 20201020_181200.jpg

7. @Daulatwant
    -> If you don't mind, may I suggest a little "food combining made easy"

• Drink water on an empty stomach. It's purpose is for hydration. If you what better hydration, take a bio-available magnesium like magesium L-Threonate
    • then Wait 10 minutes before eating a meal.
    • Eat fatty pasture raised grazing animals with lots of low carbohydrate vegetables. If you can't handle the fats, please consider taking Lipase enzymes.
    • Eat a high carbohydrate meal with vegetables after a good workout or hard day of "real work" outside all day.
    • Eat fruit alone. Fruit will digest within 20 to 30 minutes. Do not put fruit on top of a good meal. A protein meal can take four hours to digest.
    • Add herbs to you receipts, read Dr. Jack Kruse's eBook "Optimized Cooking" for receipts.

Grandpa John

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    @John Schumacher

I think that the word "hydration" may be vague or even misleading when used in association with drinking water.

A likely better word to use would be "lubrication".
    Are you buying that?
    upload_2020-10-29_8-5-19.png

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. One of the things I believe is missing in our "scientific understanding" is water.

It's a solvent; it's a lubricant; however, in most all "scientific studies" water is just removed or a nonconsequential element of what is "really" being investigated. These could include experiences where the cell(s) under a microscope just so happened to be "almost" dehydrated, or the solution mix is not even close to "normal" human biology. I will not go on and on, but we could site thousands of papers for which scientific research has based, creating our understanding of cellular function, for which thousands of next "studies"/documents/articles are then written, making references to "origination" documents. I believe the premise is grossly flawed.

As you know, I'm working on a project: "Illuminating Human Cellular Biology"
    Here's a short snip from it -> https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?posts/293138

One of my current questions on "Ask Jack" is "Does hydrated magnesium six H2O shell cage provide a better transport for gas exchange?"
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...de-a-better-transport-for-gas-exchange.25305/

Since, I believe, we do not have a scientific understanding of water nor its primary roles in human cellular function, I will make an attempt at answering the questions -> 1) what is water and why does it behave the way it does in the human body? 2) From a light-water-magnetism paradigm, what functions does water perform?

Until I've written as least that much, I will not be able to tell you why I use "hydration" rather than "lubrication"... sorry

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  10. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Moist.jpg

JanSz likes this.
  11. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Spend 2 days stuffing myself with baked lamb and bone broth. Buying a half of grass fed lamb was majorly underwhelming, you get too much meat to handle, have to freeze most of it, a huge part of it is bones, it doesn't taste that great(pretty much tasteless due to young animal and breed) or make me feel any better. It ends up being way more expensive than just getting some beef stew meat and trimmings and I like the beef better. Until my bazaar is open it doesn't make any sense to be buying meat in bulk.

Got myself a bit nauseous once again. I wasn't feeling too good after 2 days of only lamb, bone broth. Was laying in bed kinda restless. So I had some sugar. My body got nice and warm, fell asleep in no time. Woke up and kinda knew I had it coming so took 2 charcoal tabs, nausea slowly crept in. Had a bowel movement, drank some water and the nausea went away, feeling better now.

Something about salt intake paired with sugar seems to have a play in this. Last time I was puking up very salty liquids for hours, drinking plain water helped.

Trying to maintain strict carnivore every time has yielded quite terrible results for me. Fatigue, indigestion, loss of apetite, hydration issues, low energy, no motivation, brain fog.

Including some sugars into animal based diet resulted in better digestion, better hydration, less sensitive to bad foods, good appetite, food tastes better, feeling warmer, better mood, more lively in social situations, worked a job for the first time in over 2.5 years.

Looking into Ray Peat info, gonna try eatin carrots next.

12. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Running a mild fever 37.8°C in the mouth.

Did CT couple days ago. Yesterday after cleaning the home and making some repairs, had all kids of aches around the body: joints, mid back, tendons. Today got an ache in the area of my lats, lymph nodes?

Been consuming lots of raw cheese with some honey. Lately increased protein intake quite a bit. Also drinking 1-2 cups of coffee per day. Had some fresh raw milk today after a while of not having it.

Week ago did 48 hour fast, mostly laying in bed and body was warming up a bit during fasting too. And several other occasions body temp was slightly raised over the last couple months.

As I was writing this oral temp increased to 38°C.

13. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Measured oral temp up to 38.4°C before falling asleep. Felt properly sick.

Woke up right before sunrise. After waking temp was 36.4°C. Still got body aches

Finally a clear blue sky and a visible sunrise.
    20201207_092225.jpg

Good apetite. Eating fatty ground beef with liver and cheese mixed in.

14. Have you considered stearic acid?
    I use tallow in my cooking https://store.fatworksfoods.com/products/grass-fed-lamb-tallow-8-0z

Note: Stearic acid is a C18:0 carbon molecule very similar to ALA, which is C18:3. Both are anti-inflammatory.

upload_2020-12-7_10-20-54.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  15. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I consume lots of beef fat. I barely cook anything so no need for much tallow, I make some every once in a while. Mainly I grind fat trimmings together with lean meat and some liver, that is the base of my diet most days. Just last week I swapped it out for much leaner meat and cheese. Now back to eating more fat.

Sugar leads to a lot of inflammation in my body. Also maybe excessive triggering of the randall cycle eventually leads to some kind of acute sickness.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020