1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kiniki 66% off this weekend

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by RobInDC, Oct 26, 2018.

1. RobInDC

RobInDC New Member

if you haven’t gotten your tan through sun wear, kiniki is offering 66% off this weekend.

https://www.kiniki.com/

Not having tan through was a big mistake on my trip to Playa.

Use discount code "EXTRA10" for an additional 10% off!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Lively Bright

Lively Bright New Member

Thanks so much for the alert! I just placed an order.

3. amanda elmgren

amanda elmgren New Member

Hey Everybody, I ordered from Kiniki and got my order today. But I am such a newbie I ordered almost all blue colored clothes (Azure style/ and Amalfi which is a bit more variegated), and blue even for my husband's swim shorts, and I'm learning how greatly blue light toxic I am (but I will wear in the sun so does the blue even out?) - I actually don't even like the way the Azure looks (it's too dull) so I will return them but I still don't know what to buy. What suggestions do you all have for good colors and good patterns? I know Jack says he wears red and purple. Appreciate it...

4. Lively Bright

Lively Bright New Member

Hi Amanda,
    I got my order today too. It cheered me up as I've been cooped up inside with the windows and doors closed since Thursday due to the horrible air quality with the fires to the north and south of me in California. I'm very impressed with the color accuracy on the Kiniki website. The items I ordered were as expected. I got Etna and Luanda and am happy with those colors. Etna is turquoise green and the design is like semi-precious stone cross-sections. The Luanda is a neutral tan and dark brown animal print. I was tempted to order their red design but am somewhat shy to wear red tan through fabric. Maybe I'll be braver with the next order. I didn't see any purple when I shopped the sale. I think you would look great in the Etna turquoise pattern. But I think those blues would look good on you too. I wonder if the color really matters with the smaller items like the women's bikini top and bottom and men's bottoms? There's so little fabric to those.

5. amanda elmgren

amanda elmgren New Member

Hey, I'm inside, too! live in Davis outside Sac - how about you? I'm disappointed because the Azure is duller than dirt and I ordered 4 pieces so they will definitely go back. I got the Luanda and I look good in leopard print so that's good but I may like the . The Elba has purple red and blue so I may return a dress in Amalfi for a dress in that one. Etna is a bright pink - did you mean Santorini? Maybe we can talk via phone? let's do a conversation and set it up, ok?

6. Lively Bright

Lively Bright New Member

Hi Amanda,
    I'm in the East Bay. I did order red (Etna) after all. They sent me the wrong color. However, I let them know about the error and Kiniki responded immediately. Great customer service! I'm very glad to do business with them. They are sending the correct ones out today. Sorry about not responding sooner or doing a phone call. I'm severely limiting my use of all electronics including cell phone right now. I got tinnitus about 6-8 weeks ago and it's more than annoying, especially since I haven't been getting my sun or grounding since the fire.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kiniki ,pretty much, always has specials on.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

@caroline my kiniki was 100% off today for 2 hours.

caroline, Phosphene and Optimalbound like this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL..

Mine was off only 1 hour, as I had to work and then rushed home and just had that much time before the sun went behin a tree...
    But tomorrow I will get at least 4-5 hours kiniki-off-time, sun will be out and I am off work :) :) :)

caroline, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I do strongly encourage people to try to find a place where even the kinky can come off.

Some member somewhere should be naked at any given time 24/7. That would be pretty cool. Hawaiians would have to be naked for extra long, but it's an island paradise anyway. Somebody would really need to convince the Chinese. Good luck with that...

I think kiniki is a great option, but here are some numbers:

Measured UVA at my location right now = 3.9
    Through a conventional t-shirt (slightly stretched) = 0.8
    Though any of our kinikis = 1.8

That's great in comparison to the t-shirt, but wow if you can find a way to get all the light even a few times it's hard to give it back up. It's like social media mental hooks that use fomo*. It's a very primate trait if ever there was one.

I think we could all use a little case of fomo but for natural light.

*- FO·MO - Fear Of Missing Out
    /ˈfōmō/
    noun
    INFORMAL
    1. anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website.
      "I realized I was a lifelong sufferer of FOMO"

Inger, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

:rofl::rofl: Typo or Freudian slip?

I’ll be doing my part for the Kruse Nude-athon this weekend. Brrrrrr.

Inger, caroline and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol. Good question. Spelling correction or truth correction? Although it should have also corrected it to "get off" in that case, but I'll allow for some artistic license and let it stand on it's own.

All I can say is what happens in the sun stays in the sun.

13. shah78

shah78 Gold

there is no "non-special" day . :) hhmmmmmm.

caroline likes this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

So - How do you deal with FOMO??????????????

I don't want to have to go to FB........but there is so much into there........

15. shah78

shah78 Gold

fomo
    fomo?

16. Inger

Inger Silver

see above ;)

17. shah78

shah78 Gold

gracias!

18. drezy

drezy Gold

A new stupid word coined by some marketing person describing a particular type of low dopamine anxiety.

Long quiet walks in the sun.

If you have 30 minutes to kill, like I did waiting on a vehicle inspection, this is a good antidote to much of what ills our societies.

https://soundcloud.com/artofmanliness/458-in-praise-of-wasting-time

I liked the emphasis on how the subconscious mind needs slack to solve our problems and create solutions.

I was saddened by the fact that measured American creativity has been on a decline since 1990 https://www.wm.edu/research/ideation/professions/smart-yes.-creative-not-so-much.5890.php

Also the Greek concept of chromosomes and kiaros time was interesting. I'm always riveted when Doc writes or says "we create time." I'm convinced that phrase is heavily loaded with meaning on many levels.

caroline likes this.