1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kim J Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Kim Donner, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

Start of my life....

Born in So Ca (Whittier) lived in La-Habra Heights until age 22, moved to Sacramento until age 25, Lake Tahoe/Gardnerville until age 40, Hawaii until age 46, currently Texas

Grandma, lived to 97, had 7 kids, was in an abusive relationship, my mother was the youngest surviving child (one younger was born with down syndrome and passed), she smoked, I don't know too much about her younger years but when I was young and growing up she had dentures, and survived half her kids. Although she did suffer the last 7 years in as assisted living before she passed (wasted away).

Mother (born 1939), had a rough childhood, poor and had an alcoholic father, who abused her mother and was eventually hit by a car and killed while crossing the street. She left home at 16, married my bio father, had my sister at 27 and me at 29, divorced when I was 7. Overweight most of her adult life, died of liver cancer at age 63. I hope this isn't too much info and the history you are looking for?

When pregnant with me she smoked and took diet pills, I was 2 months preemie, weighed 4 lbs. Had gamugobulin (sp?) shots for immunity, and tetracycline before my teeth came in which made my baby teeth weak and darker, and I had lots of cavities as a child.

I had my very large tonsils removed when I was 2 yrs old (earliest childhood memory at hospital in recovery), I had chicken pox, mumps (before age 7) and played outside most the time. At age 10 we had a house with a pool and a horse so I was outside a lot, the area was So Ca but it was rural (LaHabra Heights) tree ripened fruit was abundant (kiwi, pomegranate, avocado, lemon, oranges, kumquats) and we ate a lot of it. Home meals were canned crap like beefaroni, spaghettios or frozen beef steaks but there were always a vegetable and my mom was a big vitamin believer so we took at least 15 vitamins a day (can't tell you what those were but prob basic D, C, A, B). We swam all summer long and rode horses, and or roller skated up and down the hills to the city when we wanted to get to a fast food place or somewhere that had more people around.

As a kid I remember getting ear infections and when we got a pool those increased and I had lots of issues with swimmers ear. At age 25 my ear drum burst (pain and a little blood), I was put on antibiotics and everything seemed okay.

Surgeries:
    age 27 had 1st child, stopped dilating at 5cm, after 14 hours had an emergency C section
    Age 29 had 2nd child, same story, stopped dilating at 5cm, after 14 hours emergency C section
    Age 29 Cholesteatoma Ear surgery to reconstruct ear drum and get rid of cyst
    Age 46 Venous Schleropathy both legs (however he didn't do procedure properly and veins are back and hurt top part of legs and doc says I need to have them removed again)

Medical conditions:
    Blood pressure runs high
    Watery eyes (I'm sure blue light)
    Seasonal Allergies, morning cough to clear mucous (my entire life) from lungs, wax build-up in ears
    Heat/hotness light pain on top of legs from veins (I stand a lot at work, I do wear compression tights)
    Overweight, by at least 70 lbs
    Drink wine most every-night (have a hard time quitting that bad habit, just being honest)

I am fair skinned, red hair and I LOVE the sun but have stayed in the shade due to the reaction I get from it. For one I will get a rash without solar callous first, but for two it just makes me look so "red" and it has really aged/wrinkled my chest. However, knowing the benefits of sunrises/sunsets and solar callous, that is something I am working on. I always wore sunglasses as well and have been shocked when the optometrist told me my eyes weren't the healthiest, but I now know the sunglasses were preventing my eyes from getting the beneficial rays. Is it okay to wear sunglasses in the car while driving, or best not at all?

I am on the computer a few hours a day, but I wear blue blockers (from RA) I turn off WiFI at night and turn my phone on airplane mode except when I check it a few times a day for calls or messages. I work at the airport about 15 hours a week (I know horrible) but wear my blue blockers (I know that doesn't help EMF exposure). We are looking to relocate to the panhandle this year in light of everything I have learned for our health, the job transfer/search is underway.

I have ramped up on seafood significantly over the past month, eat oysters whenever possible. Supplement with Vit D 10,000 iu a day but last time it was checked it was still low at 37, so I am not absorbing it for some reason, maybe it was the DHA? I will need to get it re-checked.

I tried CT (face baths) and got a strange reaction, rash on face, neck and hands but I have not done the 23&me and it sounds like I need to get that done for further information on myself.

My pool is a very chilly 45 degrees, would you recommend CT by starting with my feet, then slowly working my way up using the CT protocol?

Thank you!!!!

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Kim Donner likes this.
  3. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is not the same.

Kim Donner likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

6. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

7. drezy

drezy Gold

Texas is my region so I'll chime in with the good news parts. Let me know if later you want the non-good news parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Epi-paleo-Rx-Prescription-Disease-Reversal-ebook/dp/B00BIUAZUQ

"Blood pressure runs high"
    I've completely hacked this with nude full body sunlight

"Seasonal Allergies"
    Gone for me and my son thanks to nude full body sunlight and CT

"Overweight, by at least 70 lbs"
    23 lbs fell off me by all the above

caroline likes this.
  8. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

Wow, that’s great news! Ok
    So full body sunlight at what times? Sunrises to 10am? I have a private back yard so very doable

Can you tell me how you did CT? (50 degree baths for an hour, face ice baths or?)

And send the bad news anytime (cringe)

caroline likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

baby steps .....get your 23&me test done.

You are so lucky to have a private yard to nudie bake!

drezy and Kim Donner like this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Sending encouragement! Have you read Leptin Rx? Switching to Epi-Paleo, doing Leptin Rx and really watching bluelight/emfs was a life-changer in just 1 week for me a year ago. I live in NC and soaked up as much sun as possible all last year and my Vit D is at 71 midwinter. I used to get sun allergies as well, but this is a great time of year to start that solar callus. Morning sun is key! Full body from sun-up until sundown if possible. The morning sun exposure is what protects your skin from the harmful rays later in the day, but you need it ALL! That Vit D is coming midday from the sun. And evening sun is healing sun.

Alcohol and CT do not mix. I would commit to giving up wine for a time (while doing Leptin Reset) and trying face dunks again. Take it slow and journal as you go. There will be time for a good Malbec later when your redox is high and you can utilize the benefits from the red wine.

You are doing so great! I know it's overwhelming, but don't give up! My daughter's watery eyes resolved with morning light exposure. My chronic snot is gone now. I have varicose veins and when my redox is high they don't bother me at all. Winter though I had aching again associated with my menstrual cycle. We haven't been sick all winter save a quick stomach bug. I switched my kids to a better school this year so they are outside more. I am still not in an ideal place though and am looking into the panhandle myself for the winter as a biohack to see if I can get the light stability I need there. Keep it up!

drezy likes this.
  11. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

Thanks Leisel!
    Great information. It feels very vulnerable putting all your demons and flaws out there, so a kind reply and encouragement is appreciated.

I have not read the book but I just ordered it so I’ll be more armed with good information.

See you on the beach in Destin

LieselK likes this.
  12. Kim Donner

Kim Donner Gold

Hi, so I am reading the EpiPaleo RX and am learning a lot. We went to Hawaii for 4 days to get some sun, and I was in the morning sun for 3 days before 10am, then about 45 minutes midday on the last day. Broke out it red sun bumps on hands that seem to last about a full week to 10 days. I'm eating lots of oysters, fish, high quality fats and some veggies and have been going out in 15 minute increments in TX sun in the AM (although its been overcast and lots of white spray from jets that spread out and make the sun dim. I just dont know I'm doing wrong for my solar callous?

13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I used to get sun allergies too. Just keep up with morning and evening sun and take it slow. There is a whole blog on the solar callus- have you read that one? Are you getting morning sun (transition from dawn to day) on eyes and skin and then some? That morning sun is what keeps you from burning in the afternoon sun. How are you doing with your emf exposure? Turning off wifi and phones and electronics out of the bedroom? What about artificial light at night (ALAN)? You want to be able to sleep well and let your body rest and rejuvenate overnight.