1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kids Teeth

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by MamaGrok, Apr 30, 2012.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I can't, either. I have found the "perfect" way to cook liver & onions that liver lovers think is gourmet, but I still can't. I hold my breath. Every day I eat raw liver without tasting it. I take cod liver oil without tasting it. I eat kidneys chopped in teeny tiny bits 1:4 with round steak and cook it till it's all blended together and can't be tasted. I mix ground liver 1:4 with ground beef and blend it well so it can't be tasted. I order US Wellness Meats liverwurst, and all kinds of traditional organ sausage products from local farmers, like braunschweiger and a bunch of other names I can't remember. I make chicken livers into pate and still hold my breath b/c I can't stand it. I eat roe while holding my breath. I eat oysters & mussels & whole sardines while holding my breath. I eat stuff like tongue & heart fine, so long as it's cooked well (or jerkified in the latter case), b/c they have no particular flavor, and blend in easily with other slow-roasted beef.

My health sucks too much to avoid offal. And so far as I can tell (haven't heard anything to the contrary despite asking many times), K2 comes in two forms commercially: MK4 & MK7.. MK7 is from plants and doesn't have the bone (teeth) benefits. MK4 is only available as a synthetic. I don't do synthetic, especially not for fat-soluble vitamins; I just don't. So it's tasteless offal-swallowing for me!

2. MJ*

MJ* New Member

What a woman!!! I bow down to you, both of you really...I feel like the actress in Indiana Jones when they were eating the monkey brains, it makes me want to pass out LOL!!! So MK4 is only found in these meats? I am getting my testing in a month, there's so much I don't understand yet...I have been so healthy my whole life, never, ever sick, not even the flu in years...but if my tests say I need this, I'll revisit the thought....I love how you hide it in your other foods that's a great way to do it...

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

MK4 is found primarily in *pastured* liver, egg yolks, & butter; fermented cod liver oil, wild fish roe, that's about it, I think.

Organ meat isn't primarily for immunity. It's for bones, eyes, every organ, proper detoxification of crap, etc., etc., etc. Look up any vitamin you can think of, and if you find a chart that bothers to list animal sources, liver will be above everything, including every vegetable. It dwarfs plants for vitamin C, A, K2, all the B's, and many minerals. Liver is a true superfood.

I've eaten liver, kidney, marrow, thyroid, thymus, eye, intestines, tongue, tripe (what is that?), whole shellfish (which includes every organ), gizzard, jowl, feet, tail, whatever I can find or beg for. I have ear & testicles in my freezer but haven't found the recipe/courage for them yet. ;)

I've also taken Dr. Ron's Organ Delight, a tasteless capsule mix of many organs.

4. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

More k1 than k2 in liver. In dissection studies done on humans and rats (which is all I could find in my scholarly searches) the most k2 was found in pancreas, kidney, brain. They didn't test the bone marrow unfortunately, but that is another suspected source of k2. Another suspected source is the coral in crabs, crawfish, and lobster (the funky yellow gunk in the head cavity.)

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've definitely discovered that when I'm eating liver 3x/week I feel much better... what's interesting is on my BHRT program - they wanted me to supplement w/Vit A- my pcp said no - eat liver 3x/week and your good. you've get enough nutrients from that vs some pill

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Awesome that they're so aware. Be sure to note that you don't want to eat 3 full servings of liver forever. There isn't much liver in an animal - we're not made to eat a "lot" long-term.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yeah... I can tell when I need it...and when I don't... right now... 3x/week is good for me..any less and I don't feel on my game... but I don't go over 3x/week.... eventually once everything sorts itself out I'm guessing liver will be a 1x/week thing!

8. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Ok great advice ladies I'll revisit this after my labs, maybe look for those burgers, LOL I can just see me now, "honey we're having dogfood burgers tonight!" LOL thanks guys!

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

MamaGrok, thanks for starting this thread. Have you posted the perfect liver and onions recipe here? I can't find it.

Do tell...

-Sally

10. LinD

LinD New Member

Looks like US Wellness is out of stock currently of the pet burgers... Checked yesterday.

Sprint Samsung Epic

11. LinD

LinD New Member

MamaGrok,

I find it interesting that a bump on my palate finally went away a couple weeks ago that appeared in December. I saw my DDS in January. Had an xray, but not much to see. He prescribed antibiotics, but it didn't help. So went back a couple weeks later. Another xray seemed to show some darkness in the root area or something. He said it was an abscess and I needed a root canal. I had no pain, by the way. Scheduled the appointment, but had to postpone it due to DH's L4L5 surgery (where he had massive pain!).

Long story short, it was 99.9% gone two weeks ago. But, it started coming back after about a week. What the heck? Well, I realized I slowed down on the Vitamin C when I noticed the bump was almost gone--I was taking probably 3000 or more each day in hopes it would help the abscess go away.

When I realized the possible Vitamin C connection, I started up again with 3000-4000/day.... Guess what? It's going back down again. I expect it will be nearly gone over the next several days.

How about that?

Sprint Samsung Epic

12. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Woohoo! I have had many close calls with abscesses in my boys when we first decided to hit the diet and take the wait-and-see approach with the abscesses.

One time, my 3rd child had pain start (probably after a weekend at grandma's), and then pink started to spread up his cheek. Well, that was my "go straight to the pediatrician and get a shot of antibiotic" signal, but I decided to hit the C HARD. Fortunately, he was old enough to be cooperative. I did drive him to the ped, she prescribed antibx, and we went to the pharmacy to fill them.

Meanwhile, the pink had spread halfway up his cheek and started to harden a bit by time we got to the ped. She drew a line around it with pen. But by the time we got home with the drugs (taking C all along, for a total of six hours and who knows how many tens of thousands of mg), the pink & hardness had started to reverse! I kept up the C and the drugs were never used. It does take it a few hours to kick in hard enough sometimes.

Not everyone is willing to (or informed enough to) go that far, as Rami Nagel says in Cure Tooth Decay. His daughter also had teeth worn to the gumline before he figured out how to stop it. She woke up pink-faced one morning and he treated it successfully, but you do have to know what to do at each step, what your "it's too far for me" step is, etc. I had thought that any pink on th eface at all was too far gone for me, which is why I went to the doc & got the meds, but ... the pink reversed! What can I say?! (I did check it every few hours in the night to be sure it didn't start up again and we kept at the C to bowel tolerance for at least another day or two.)

I've also used C to reverse an abscessed bug bite on that son's knee, before I could get him home with the antibiotics.

You could also try topical and internal garlic and/or coconut oil. (I used thin slices of garlic, replaced once or twice a day, to get rid of the painful infection in a wart I mindlessly picked.)

13. LinD

LinD New Member

Good morning! The bump it's almost gone this morning as I wake up... I wrote how many hours ago? Wow.

Did you get the book? Is there more to it than vitamin C? I would bet K2 is there, too. http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

Just wondering if I should spend the money on it or not, especially since the C seems to be working. I also take extra B-complex, plus Jarrow 5000 mcg B-12. Edit to add: also take D3, K2, Krill and O3-, plus other supps-, but I've been doing that for quite awhile, so really think it is the C doing the job of eliminating the bump.

Sprint Samsung Epic

14. LinD

LinD New Member

Forgot to mention that cod liver oil is taken, too.

Found the book is available for the Nook app, for $10.36. Just downloaded the sample.

Sprint Samsung Epic

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I have the book. Rami has found, from Price's research, exactly the same conclusions as I have. Foods rich in K2, D, Magnesium, etc., are essential for dental health. C is the medication if the foods aren't eaten in enough quantity to prevent infection. So C is not your first line of defense.

I also strongly prefer food forms of the nutrients to supplements, because I have yet to find K2 that is not synthetic.

16. LinD

LinD New Member

Thanks! The contents of the book look quite extensive. I will get it, but not sure when I'll have time to read it. We are getting our home ready to put on the market, so after 17 years of accumulation... A bunch to do!

Sprint Samsung Epic

17. LinD

LinD New Member

I posted the book today on my FB and my neighbor said, "We should choose that book for the next book club." She is a hygienist and her husband is a dentist.

Sprint Samsung Epic

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Interesting! I'd probably focus on the Weston Price facts in it. I love Rami; he is passionate! But some medical types could get turned off by his passion and sometimes intuitive approach, while it's really hard to argue with Price's research. The photos are there in black and white. Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is free online for anyone who wants to check them out.

19. LinD

LinD New Member

Ok. A few more days with extra vitamin C & the bump is gone, again! Yay! I'll continue using it a bit longer.... and figure how to incorporate offal.

Thank you, again, MamaGrok.

Sprint Samsung Epic

20. MJ*

MJ* New Member

That's wonderful!