1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kids Circadian Cycles

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Shijin13, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok. so we've been working the lights out early, early dinner etc. everyone has orange glasses now, we're using candles and redlights to light our world at night... Suddenly the boy (2yo), who's always been an early riser - is not only going to bed earlier, but he's getting up earlier, and earlier every day - yesterday was 5am, which was ok b/c I was planning on getting up at 515.

This morning he got up and was raring to go at 415! I was not ready for that. 4;15 is not an acceptable wake up time. 5:30 is appropriate, though I'd prefer 6am b/c then I'd get a little "me" time in the am before getting all touched out!

In addition to this... DD is now waking up earlier too w/o being harassed to wake up... today she was up at 6am all on her own! MIRACLE! normally I cannot get her out of bed before 7am - which would make getting to work next week when I transition to my client's site that much more difficult!

She's now up ready to eat and asking for food w/in 15mins... this is a WIN!

I think I'm going to ask her to start picking out her clothes for the next day before she goes to bed...

2. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Awesome progress Shijin! Though I don't know if I'd like the 4:15 AM wakeup time!!

I've had my kids wearing the orange glasses for a few months now and we've pretty much always done early dinners, but I need to do more to help my 12-year old daughter. My son (7) has always been a great sleeper - falls asleep within 5 minutes of his head hitting the pillow, usually around 8:30 and wakes with the sun nearly every morning. My daughter, OTOH, is like me and takes longer to fall asleep and struggles to get out of bed in the morning. Considering she'll be starting junior high soon and needing to wake at 6 AM, I'm stressing over how I'm going to help her!

We do lights out shortly before sunset and everyone dons their orange glasses for the rest of the night. We even turned her bed around so she's now facing the window - I figured that would help in the mornings.

What are the red lights that you use for reading? She is a total bookworm and likes to read before bed. Maybe that would help her a bit.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yeah 4:15 is not acceptable... I posted in ask Jack... he say DS need to go to bed later, or no glasses for him right now... considering DD has only been wearing the glasses for 2 days - and she's suddenly up at 6am - but still going to bed btwn 8:30/9pm I'm all for her still wearing them.

so it looks like no orange glasses for dS right now, and shoot for that 8:30/9pm bedtime for him...

These are the red light headlamps we've been using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HMTNUW/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01

you do need to make sure you order the red LED lights - other wise you just get straight white light LEDs...

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks for the link. Just ordered a set. We'll see how it works. Hope you get a little more sleep tomorrow morning ;)

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Update on this. We've been working real hard w/keeping the lights off at night etc. this am the girl was up around 5:30 raring to go telling us we should look at the pink sky!! Not sure where she saw the pink since it was raining & we couldn't physically see the sun rise. But hey. She's waking up on her own!!!