1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kids, blue light, and grades.........

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, May 3, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When I pray in nature, coincidences happen, and when I avoid nature, prayers don't help. There is a lesson here for the wise. You know the pieces fit. Time to act like it. When you're one step ahead of the crowd, you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead of the crowd, you're a crackpot. Based on the reports I got from Paleo fx the food gurus are beginning to wake up to the lies they believed and peddled for so long. Shifting narratives" in LCHF/paleo is the absolute nicest way to describe the trend of understanding how light controls the two self-regulatory programs mitochondria run to keep kids well while raising their grades. GET THEM IN THE SUN AND OUT OF THE BLUE SCREEN LIGHT OF TECHNOLOGY. https://phys.org/news/2018-03-poor-grades-tied-class-dont.html

2. MKelly

MKelly Gold

Thanks for this.
    My 11 year old daughter is very over weight. We eat well and she is an active child. She watches her friends eat more and worse food than she does and they're all super skinny.
    She wears the glasses and goes out every morning to get sun on her face but I know she's got too much blue light in her life.
    We're ready to take the next steps... but they love that technology so much!!

drezy likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This should help in loosing weight.

upload_2018-5-4_8-47-49.png

4. drezy

drezy Gold

My own son has his take here https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/quantum-son.20451/

He lost quite a bunch of weight while also growing in height. This morning he told me that he credits CT followed up with massive UV. Where we live we get almost 5 months of UV index 10+.

Also FWIW and relevant to the thread title my boy eats breakfast and dinner outdoors almost every day. More often than not he eats his school lunch at outdoor tables too.

Home from school usually entails shirt and shoes off and tin can plinking with BB guns (we are in Texas after all ). Homework gets done outside facing the evening sun often after a CT session (at least 3/week) also in the evening sun.

This year he's pulled in all A's every quarter. He claims that everyone is always looking at their phones and the seem to have less focus this year than last as well as losing more focus near the end of the year. I have visibility on class averages for tests. The results of the last math test had a class average of 66%, a median of 72%, and my son got a 92%.

My son is convinced that the light and the cold help him maintain focus and keep in mind that his current job is to get a good education. From my perspective it makes child raising easier.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[QU OTE="drezy, post: 240508, member: 19879"]My own son has his take here https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/quantum-son.20451/

He lost quite a bunch of weight while also growing in height. This morning he told me that he credits CT followed up with massive UV. Where we live we get almost 5 months of UV index 10+.

Also FWIW and relevant to the thread title my boy eats breakfast and dinner outdoors almost every day. More often than not he eats his school lunch at outdoor tables too.

Home from school usually entails shirt and shoes off and tin can plinking with BB guns (we are in Texas after all ). Homework gets done outside facing the evening sun often after a CT session (at least 3/week) also in the evening sun.

This year he's pulled in all A's every quarter. He claims that everyone is always looking at their phones and the seem to have less focus this year than last as well as losing more focus near the end of the year. I have visibility on class averages for tests. The results of the last math test had a class average of 66%, a median of 72%, and my son got a 92%.

My son is convinced that the light and the cold help him maintain focus and keep in mind that his current job is to get a good education. From my perspective it makes child raising easier.[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------

Due to different incentives, but created by my parents, I was in my marathon run until I got my masters degree.
    Then I got mental breakdown, mostly due to lack further goals.

It took me a while to figure out what I want.

6. drezy

drezy Gold

My wife is similar (and a tiger mom). I try to counterbalance the approach.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    MKelly and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Uveal melanoma clusters, curiously grouping in a MIllennial demographic cohort, half the normal case definition age, probably began heavy use of Wifi and blue light from smartphones screen in the same high schools and universities.

https://meetinglibrary.asco.org/record/114203/abstract

The other thing that strikes me about this is having seen EMF deposition models of the human skull that predict the likelihood of hotspots in the eye.

Coincidences? Nope.

I wrote a blog on this ages ago. https://jackkruse.com/reality-3-wake-september-2016-ends/

When will the world wake up to the causes? Is it because their sacred cow that brings us progress? If so, you better get some Ra-Optics blue blockers.
    Discount code: "Optimal"

MKelly and drezy like this.
  8. ValerieBee

ValerieBee Radical Mitochondriac

Awesome info on your son. I'm getting mine outdoors as much as possible. Honestly I hadn't thought of breakfast outside, even though we do this campling...

I also found myself caught up, all the way through a J.D. I was showing signs of breaking down, but I was still chugging along until Life made me stop for a bit. Helping family members through cancer gave me the space (and permission) I needed to radically re-evaluate my life (and lead me to this forum). I am really struck by your comment about figuring out what you want. I totally relate. It's quite a moment when you realize "this is not my beautiful house" and you ask yourself what you want... and you don't know. Consciously anyway. But that's part of the journey, IMHO.

Thank you for sharing.