1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kids and technology

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by NeilBB, Mar 9, 2014.

1. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

2. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

The comments were actually on a Facebook page and didn't post here. But trust me, those mom's were furious about kids being separated from their gadgets.

3. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Once again i chime in...

I observe technology usage, mostly because i come from a business where i was part of manufacturing and later on selling, to today, quite hostile agains the trends.

I have friends who give their 1 year old baby iPhone entertainment BECAUSE they can not stand having babies play around and make noices. In many cases the parents are high on medicin for ADHD and other problems, they can not stand the chaos. Also friends that make kids to show that they are perfect couples, trust me, they even confess to this. Often hear, but I want a silent moment, it will not harm the baby, look how smart he/she/it is.

My point to many is that because the parents are so low on energy they go the easy way, do not take the discussion when their kids want gadgets, they look at me and say that they have it all but you (me), what do i have. They can be really rude but i do not care, i take a stand and do not change my opinion.

For ten years i have seen the gear i worked with, yes WORKED with, transformed into entertainment. Everything must be rotating GIFS and effects. Everything is simplified into easy BUT stupid functions. I do not understand the reasons why schools use iPads, the books is transfered into light version with multitasking build in. When you read science you also should update Facebook, Twitter about that strange kid without iPhones, listen to Lady Gaga and look at cats on skateboards on youtube. Is this a great solution?

I remember even to this day some tests i did in a lab in 1989. At this place, a semiconductor factory in Sweden we tried some things that changed my life forever. In many of these, ESD (electrostatic discharge) was the main issue. For example, take a roll of regular office tape, pull a strip, just about 10 centimeters. The discharge would make changes to components 10 meters away, not completely kill it BUT make it just a little bit disturbed, weird, yes make it do weird things. Guess why humans is not allowed in a spot where they make components advanced like this? Yes you are right, we are trouble in a world of electronics BECAUSE we have tons of electronics in us also, easy described. We did tests with the tape and measured US, yes our skin surface react to that same roll of tape, we could even see changes in others parts in body also.

These tests makes me feel really bad when we come to children of today, the things that would slowly harm a grown up will change everything for kids in an instant, guess you guys, the doctors see this every day and me as a amateur see it in kids without ability to move in the real world...

NeilBB, Linz, Lahelada and 1 other person like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

If this doesn't give you pause .... I don't know what would. Thanks Peter.

5. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Wow the parents comments are just so typical....I'm surprised no one said they are not worried because a new drug will be developed to treat the kids.

I'm not even going to pretend to be the parent that did/does everything right, years ago when I was quite ill the tv was my surrogate babysitter while I laid on the floor with my toddlers, barely able to move from migraine, pain, and fever. But when you know better you do better right?

One thing I've learned in all of this is to never underestimate the power of telling kids the truth.

Kids dont want to be ill, they dont want to be medicated, they dont want anxiety, they dont want their reproductive organs to fail, they dont want brain fog, they dont want depression, they dont want cancer.....more than anything they dont want these things at the hands of those that are to love and protect them. Kids trust that their parents will always do their best by them. Parents need to step up. Myself included.

Kids are smarter than we give them credit for, tell them what is in processed food and watch them stop eating it, tell them how playing video games affects their mood and energy for sports and watch them walk away from it, tell your son that keeping his iphone in his pocket is going to render his penis useless and watch that phone live on the charging dock, tell your daughter that using her phone at night destroys her sleep and causes acne and that phone ends up right next to her brothers....

Better yet...tell them the benefits of sunlight, water, magnetism, seafood, CT, and sleep and watch them blossom :)

Childrens instincts are still strong, they are resilient, and can still thrive when given the tools.....they have the power to change the future if we help them....now.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yesterday when running around, Chaos asked me for iphone/ipod/ipad. to which I told her no. She asked why? I told her why. yet she was upset b/c all the other kids have this stuff. when I asked her if she wanted to be sick she said no. I told her these devises are like wheat. it doesn't seem bad initially, but in the long run they're not good for us.

My kids may want to have this stuff but they won't. They'll be better off w/o them. They understand we do things differently. they get that. At some point I anticipate they will rebel against this. but as we keep talking to them they'll continue to absorb this and internalize it.

I have several friends who have similar positions as we do regarding these devises/tv/computer etc for kids. and then I have those on the other side of the coin who've signed their kids up for computer programming classes at 6.

Gagnrad and nicld like this.
  7. nicld

nicld Gold

I was a "mean" parent and never allowed video games in my house nor cable in the DD's room. The only computer she had to use with in the living room. She also did not get a cell phone until she was driving. Now she is 22 and I keep telling her how bad blue light is for you and what sleeping with the cell phone right by her bed is bad but she won't listen to me now. I just wish I could get her to at least look at some of this stuff since she is getting her RN degree in May and will soon be seeing sick people all the time.

8. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

They're lucky to have you as a mother. Most people, of course, have no idea. Hard-hitting recent stuff from Devra Davis here:

www.svhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SLF_2014Feb20.pdf

I also took a peek at her twitter account. She's just linked a long article on a baseball player who's died young from brain cancer. Areas like snakes across the back of his head. He's not the only one. Why baseball -- it's not a sport involving a lot of head trauma.

Here's probably why:

http://thefullertoninformer.com/the...t-we-can-learn-from-what-happened-to-the-kid/

Deeply serious stuff. Can this go on? 'Tis at the moment, anyway ...

She has also recently linked something of direct relevance to this thread:

http://movingtolearn.ca/2014/ten-re...ld-be-banned-for-children-under-the-age-of-12

It says a lot for Jack that recently challenged in Twitter by one of these "can't be anything in it" people he just calmly said go and have a look at this and at that and then come back and talk. It could be irritating to know just how serious all this is and to have people who haven't made the effort and taken the time to research it pooh-pooh it.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I had no idea about the radar gun in baseball .... must be the same for hockey?