1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kid/picky family friendly Optimized recipes

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by BeingVenus, May 11, 2012.

1. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

I thought it would be great to have a thread devoted to all these great recipes you guys are posting so we have it all aggregated. I'll start with this awesome looking "coconut oil disguised as dessert delivery system" recipe

http://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2012/05/lemon-coconut-energy-bombs.html

Lemon Coconut Energy Bombs

Makes 9

1/4 cup coconut butter (see below)

1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, high quality

1 Tablespoon of organic lemon zest

1 Tablespoon of organic lemon juice

stevia powder or liquid to taste, I used 1/8 teaspoon NuNaturals powder

toasted coconut to garnish (see below)

mini cupcake wrappers or pan

Combine all ingredients except toasted coconut and mix well. Scoop into cupcake wrappers. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Place in freezer for 20 minutes, then place in refrigerator. Lasts a very long time.

How to make coconut butter: Grind unsweetened coconut flakes in a nut/coffee grinder or food processor for at least 20 minutes, or until the consistency of nut butter.

How to make toasted coconut: Preheat oven to Broil. On a cookie sheet, put a single layer of unsweetened coconut flakes and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until brown. Burns fast! Don't walk away!

2. Caroline Cooper

Caroline Cooper New Member

3. Thank you! This is a great recipe. I eliminated the roasted coconut and subbed rushed mac nuts and put on top. No stevia for me as the coconut butter (I used manna) was sweet enough. YUM!