1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kettlebells

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by caroline, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Do some yard work. You could swing an axe and chop firewood, then stack it instead of kettlebells. I have 5 acres that needs lots of stuff done if anyone is looking for a place to train:whistle:

But seriously, you can get enough exercise just doing stuff that needs doing without going out of your way to find a workout. I once lived on a hill so steep that I used to tie a rope to the lawnmower and lower it down the slope then pull it back up again. . . . . with a catcher on. Also, I would ride a bicycle to work instead of driving.

It cracks me up seeing people who drive to the gym then spend 20 minutes on the treadmill when they could have just walked there in the open air and sunshine.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    caroline, Billybats, drezy and 2 others like this.
  2. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Yes, I used to be one of those nutters who would travel to the gym and train under that blue light and all of the technology. Live and learn, right Da-mo?

We are like wild animals and here is another young man who is spending more time creating and training and having fun with it out in Nature. Eero shows us some wild animal walk movements here. :)

Allin, Phosphene, Da-mo and 2 others like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

It's time to put up this old classic pic:

[​IMG]

4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Oooooooo. 5 acres Niiiiccccceeee. Pretty dang steep hill there. I had at one time 11/2 acres and kept busy. I also had some awesome ducks. Try catching one of them, nice exercise there. Where do you live.

5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Dang many steps..Just use all thoses steps instead of the treadmill. .lol.

6. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  7. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Very Niiiiccccceeee. Verrrrrryy looooooooooong walk to go chop wood..lolhahaaaaa

8. Allin

Allin New Member

That's me at the bottom, saving myself for the treadmill. :)

drezy likes this.
  9. Gregory H Hoeper

Gregory H Hoeper New Member

I you truly want to kettlebell train, but the book straight from the master who brought kettlebells to the US: Pavel. Buy the book Simple and Sinister, and you can slowly buy his other books.They will be most helpful.