1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Keratosis Pilaris

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by NadoRo, Sep 26, 2015.

1. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I'm posting this in the Leaky Gut area because I'm assuming it's a manifestation of leaky gut.. Keratosis Pilaris.

Has anyone here experienced a reduction or elimination of KP? If so, what did you do?

I've always had some form of it since I was a kid, but in the last few years it's gotten very bad on my upper arms and more acne like. I recently added desiccated liver pills in the hope that the increase in Vit A would help, but, while it initially decreased, it is now back with a vengeance. My dairy intake varies, and I can't tell if that's a catalyst, but it's typically limited to Kerrygold butter and heavy cream occasionally in coffee.

Please share if you have any insight into managing this condition...I'm very frustrated.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

UV light and cooling the skin.

rlee314 likes this.
  3. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Done! Thank you.

4. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

An update for anyone interested... I've noticed a significant decrease in my KP on upper arms where I have diligently exposed them to daily UV outdoor light. It's 58 degrees and sunny, as I sit outside and type this--shirtsleeves are rolled all the way up to maximize exposure. I can't say whether KP on my upper thighs have decreased as much..but legs are consistently in CT baths whereas arms are not always submerged (I can stay in longer if full body isn't in cold water). I plan to spend a lot more time outside in a bikini next summer to get more UV light over all and to test the effect on the KP..I'm also considering tanning beds this winter, but will have to research that subject more.

vangirl likes this.