1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kathy's Optimal Journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Kathy Spears, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Hi! I'm brand new here. My head is spinning with all the info I'm trying to understand! I'm so thankful for this site.

My health is very complicated. Here goes:

I'm 57, live in Nashville, TN; originally from LA, CA; lived in Stockholm, Sweden for 6 years. I have type 1 diabetes (since age 35), Hashimoto's (age 22), pernicious anemia, Reynaud's, and alopecia areata (remission for last 18 yrs!), high blood pressure and high LDL cholesterol (which I don't worry about).

Both of my sisters have HUS - hemolytic uremic syndrome. One sister had 4 kidney transplants but passed away from congestive heart failure secondary to too many years of dialysis causing severely leaking valves that couldn't be replaced because of her health. I gave her a kidney at age 22. It was done at Vanderbilt and when the PA examined me to release me after the surgery she noticed that I had a thyroid goiter; eventually diagnosed as Hashimoto's which made me unable to be a kidney donor to my sister. Did I say this was AFTER the surgery! I started piling on the autoimmune diseases after that.

My father was a marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC before he married and had kids. There was an ongoing water contamination of cancer-causing chemicals, including industrial solvents, benzene, and other toxins during his time there. There has been a class action law suit and as many as 1 million marines were affected. My father died at age 54 of AML - one of the leukemias on the list of diseases caused by the chemicals. I believe that my sisters and I have many serious health issues as a result of his exposure.

I started a ketogenic diet almost 2 years ago and lost about 35 lbs. I have switched to paleo keto (Paleomedicina protocol) in an effort to stop the inflammation in my body. My latest HS CRP was 4.3 Not good. Also have had a few bouts of what could be the beginning of giant cell arteritis but I refuse to get the biopsy because I believe that I can stop it in its tracks if I just find the right path. I have found my move to low-zero carbs has been only positive. Haven't rerun the CRP yet.

I don't believe in dwelling on past medical errors that have led to my health circumstances. I only want to spend time and energy on solutions.

My mother has had type 2 diabetes for many years and suffered 2 heart attacks and a stroke before moving to be close to me. When she got here she looked about 90 (was actually 73) and I didn't think she'd live long. I have had her following a low carb diet and she is now off all her diabetes meds. I took her off her statins and most of her other meds. I don't dare stop the blood pressure and blood thinners they have her on but I did stop the baby aspirin. She lost 65lbs, regained almost full cognition, and is doing very well. I started her on D3 & K2 (with permission from her doc) in an effort to slow down the atherosclerosis. I'm trying desperately to get her outside into the sun but she complains of the pain in her eyes from the sun. She has macular degeneration and is almost blind. I don't know if any of this will help but she seems 20 years younger!

I have 2 sons with health issues of their own. Thanks to me. This is why I spend every waking moment when not working (I am an esthetician and just sold my spa because I've lost my passion for the industry and now I'm all in on wellness) studying everything I can. Oldest son has ADHD, OCD, asthma, & anxiety. Youngest has severe food allergies (wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, nuts ++), and asthma. I am desperate to keep both of them from developing all the diseases that seem to be imminent. I haven't yet figured out how to get good DHA into my son with the fish allergies. I'm afraid that if I don't figure all this EMF out soon, the cascade of diseases will begin for them. I am currently forcing them both to watch the "Resonance - Beings of Frequency" film so they will begin to take me seriously with the cell phones and all the rest of the environmental problems.

So, if you're still here reading, I send you a big hug and huge thank you. I look for any and all ideas and advice.
    Kathy

Amber Ament and caroline like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Welcome.......you need to be inside the tropics.......

That is all carry on.

Kathy Spears likes this.
  3. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

So basically, get in the sun!!! Wonder if my extended time in the cold and darkness of Sweden is why I ended up with diabetes not long after moving home.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you know the epigenetics of how diabetes operates the answer would be likely it was.

What has a bigger impact? 2% of "coding" genome or the remaining 98% that controls gene expression?
    This is why genetic determinism is embarrassing.
    This is why CRISPR is a bad idea and won't work.
    ♋ This is why a cure for cancer won't come from sequencing DNA.
    The ultimate input for our genome is our environment.
    Crap environment = Crap DNA genome comes from the altered epigenome signal made by the altered free radical signal of the colony of mitochondria in you.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019...BtV0uTu6hGM1IMYNiTcQBVcYTS8tSznQg7tzUOE9JUHBA

drezy likes this.
  5. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Thanks Jack. Very interesting study. It's hard to accept that all of my "bad" DNA can be balanced by some sunshine and nnEMF avoidance. Is it really that simple/possible?

I tend towards all or nothing. I got outside at sunup today but only had 10 mins. Is this better than nothing? Is it enough to be barefoot on my aggregate patio or do I need my feet on the earth? I tend to get buried in the details. I am trying to go outside between each client I see at work. That might just be 5 minutes each time.

I am now thinking about all of my machinery that I use in my esthetic practice. Am I exposed to more trouble with my micro current machine? High Intense Focused Ultrasound machine? Galvanic current spot treatment machine? I use a bright LED light for certain treatments - BAD! I obviously have no understanding of electricity so I don't even really know what is doing what to me. I also have a machine that delivers ultrasound, radio frequency, infrared and "biomechanical" vibrations. Is the infrared beneficial in this type of delivery? It is a hand held device that must be moved along the skin. I never take the time to use any of my equipment on myself. This machine might be worth the time??

I'm sorry for asking so many stupid questions. I plan on becoming a paying member but feel I should learn as much as possible to get up to speed first. Right now I feel I have way too much to digest. I'm obviously not as smart as most of your members!

I am so thankful that I stumbled upon you, Jack, and this amazing resource. Wish I wasn't so late to the party! Your time and energy given to all of us is of value beyond what we could pay at any price.

Amber Ament and caroline like this.
  6. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

I wonder if any of you super smart people can help with something. I have been following a low carb (< 30 g/day) hi fat diet with intermittent fasting for about a year and a half and then the past 6 weeks have converted to meat only in an effort to stop all the inflammation in my body. I've lost about 35 lbs but when my most recent labs were done, my HS CRP was 4.3 (yikes!) and my homocysteine was also high. I have Hashimoto's and T1D + lots more. My thyroid peroxidase was also very elevated. My question: Do I still have a leptin problem? Even after such a long time of eating better? I never eat breakfast as I've been fasting 16 hrs daily and wonder if I need to start eating breakfast as Jack recommends. I've also been taking Omega 3 off and on. Do I need to scrap my Paleo Keto diet and start the Leptin RX? I only need to add early morning eating to make that happen and can't believe that would make a difference. Please help!! Thanks!!

7. Im not super smart, but here's my perspective. If you felt great and were only doing this for shits and giggles, probably wouldnt matter what or when you ate for breakfast. But since as you put it "my HS CRP was 4.3 (yikes!) and my homocysteine was also high. I have Hashimoto's and T1D + lots more.My thyroid peroxidase was alsovery elevated" , I would follow the protocols as close to verbatim as possible. I believe we do ourselves a great disservice when we become sea lawyers trying to negotiate the protocols to fit conveniently into our present lives instead of changing our habits. I would also prefer skipping breakfast but the timing and size of the BAB is foundational for the leptin RX , circadian timing and just about everything else on here. Good luck

Kathy Spears likes this.
  8. Inna

Inna Platinum

Kathy, welcome.

Although it is important to eat in accordance with circadian rhythms and light cycles, Diet just WOULD NOT cut it for you.

You got answer to your question already:

"you need to be inside the tropics.......

That is all carry on."

caroline and Kathy Spears like this.
  9. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

So, my diet is doing me as much good as it can, now it's all about getting in the sun and out of the nnEMF. Got it. THANKS!

10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Welcome Kathy! I understand that all this seems dire and overwhelming. I’ve been absorbing for several years and just now feel like I’m getting a minor grasp (brain fog lifting and mood stabilizing). Don’t get bogged down by the science—just focus on the three-legged stool—Light, Water, Magnetism. It should be warming up soon where you are. Get (and stay) outside as often as you can, and prioritize good water and sleep. Answers will start to come.

What is preventing you from planning a move, either temporary or permanent? How old are your kids?

11. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Thanks so much for the encouragement! My kids are in high school so they obviously don’t want to move though I would if I knew where to go! It looks like Florida is where most choose to go??

Also, I have a very busy skin therapy practice and if I move I won’t be able to make much income until I establish a client base. So that is a little scary. This wouldn’t stop me as I have moved and started over in life many times. It’s different though when you have kids. I am taking my son to FL for a baseball tournament in 2 weeks and am really looking forward to some sunshine. It has been miserable here in Nashville.
    3 legged stool- the water part is the CT (ice baths) right? Haven’t even looked into that yet. The most I’ve done is try to end my showers with blast of cold water.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Kathy ........Dr. K. has given you your answer ....and Inna also.

Please read the leptin RX ....

You need to get outside for sunrise with as few clothes on as possible and bare feet on the ground.

Eat a BAB within 30 min. of rising.

Also, read the C/T protocol. Dr. K. is always very specific.

Don't worry about all the science just yet .....you need to be outside as much as possible. As Jack has said many times ....You don't have to speak Chinese to eat Chinese food.

What are you eating? drinking? how is your sleep?

Have you watched Jack's 3 Nourish Vermont talks? all his podcasts? This is an easier and faster way to get Jack's info.

Jack re arranged his surgery schedule so he could regain his health. Could you not book your appointments in such a manner that you could optimise your time outside and focus on getting your health back?

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Breakfast is super important.....

If you become a Gold member you will have access to Jack's monthly webinars and the follow up live Q&A when you can ask Jack anything.

Follow Jason's journal ......ESCAPE ROOM JOURNAL. He is diving right in and doing what he needs to do for himself.

14. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Thank you Caroline.

Well, let's see, since stumbling upon Dr K I have:
    *started seeing every sunrise
    *gone outside between every client I see (though there was sun only 1 day in the last 2 weeks and 20-40 degrees rainy weather)
    *no longer wear my sunglasses when outside
    *drive with my sunroof and windows open (unless raining)
    *became a paid member so I could have access to more
    *have already followed a paleo keto diet for almost 2 years

I have read Jason's entire journal along with many others. I have had trouble finding any podcasts as many of the links lead to an "error" page. The majority of what I've learned has been through other members' stories. I also watched every single YouTube video with Dr K. Am I missing where to find the various RXs with the protocols laid out? I have found the blogs with all the science but tend to get lost in the minutia. Maybe it will be easier now that I have move access. I guess I should have done the gold, but for now silver is all I can do.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you watched the three Nourish Vermont talks?

There are easy start guides on the home page...

Do you have Dr. K's book? EPI - PALEO RX

16. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

No, I don't have his book. I just found the podcast link under the "Getting Started" tab! Also, spent most of my day off watching the webinars now that I am able with my paid membership. After watching everything about the Longevity Center, I am sad that it is already closed to new members. I hope that new members will eventually be accepted. Seems like money well spent! I have watched 1 Nourish Vermont talk. I will go look for the others.

Tomorrow morning I will be freezing my face off after watching the sun come up! Also, trying to figure out where to move to! I know Jack talks about Playa Del Carmen but wonder where else. Maybe Arizona?? ( I've tried to google where the lowest EMFs are.) I have been frustrated with the lack of sun in my area but tomorrow is supposed to be cold but sunny. I'm not sure how much my skin will get to feel the sun, but I will out in it as much as possible.

17. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

One more thing, from everything I've heard, I think I really would benefit from DDW. Can anyone give me some names please. Aqua Fina was mentioned but doesn't seem to be available in my area any more. Also, isn't it a Coca Cola product? Makes me a little suspect!!

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DDW would help most Hashi Type 1 D........but without getting the environment right it might not be a wise first step financially.

How do you touch others in your own life? Do you use your hands? Your words? Your ideas? Is touch physical for you or is it used wirelessly by touching without touch?

Must it be used in close proximity or can your ability to reach people to expand? Can you connect well to anyone anywhere and any time you want?

Are touch and time connected in biology? I think they are.

The invisible threads nature uses to connect to us are the strongest ties we touch others with.

Touch is a very complex thing that is intoxicating and intangible for most. Friends might lose touch but they never seem to lose feelings........Friends tend to misplace their power to touch us. Even wounded animals touch each other to heal and surgeons have to touch their patients to heal them. The sun has to touch us to regenerate ourselves to live. Touch is incredibly complex and how we apply it or misuse it defines our lives. Are you being touched right now digitally on the internet?

Amber Ament and Inger like this.
  19. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Hmmmm. You got me! But I have so much to learn!

On the bright side, today I ate oysters for the first time (though I couldn’t quite force myself to eat them raw), I stocked up on lots of seafood, tried to get sun but froze my ass off, and ordered some yellow glasses. Had planned to put my house on the market to move locally but now trying to decide what state to move to.

In my job, I use touch with every client and feel like that is the most powerful part of my profession as a skin therapist. It is often clear that mine may be the only touch some women I see may be receiving. I will admit that it sometimes leaves me feeling drained but I love what I do. I don’t much think about my own needs where touch is concerned...hmmmm.

Tomorrow will be sunrise outside, early breakfast and CT for the first time (face in ice water). In Sweden I suffered from cold urticaria. Now I understand why. Hoping that is gone. We’ll see.

20. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

I just heard Jack say, on a talk he did in August of 2018, that part of the reason he left Nashville was due to the Google "5G rings" going up; and that Nashville was becoming one of the cities with early 5G rollout. More than ever, I have to find someplace better for myself and my sons.

I have been failing miserably lately with the sunrise watching and sun exposure. It is F'ing freezing out and I am a wuss. I walk out, stand there for a minute, and walk back inside because I don't feel like there is any point when I'm not getting the rays I am craving. I know it's just excuses. Is there any point in even going out if it's just for a minute for my eyes to see the rising sun's rays? Is 60 seconds better than nothing?

I will be out for 3 hours starting at 4:30 because my son has 2 baseball scrimmages. However, I will be covered in lots of layer of clothing as the sun goes down because it is usually below freezing and only gets colder. All of this just seems pointless until I can get lower in latitude.

I'll be in Florida in 2 weeks for a baseball tournament for 1 week. I am really hoping for good, warm weather. This time of year it is a toss up.

My "husband" (housemate, not even roommate) won't discuss any of this because he is very aware of the nnEMF issues but believes there's nothing that can be done so he doesn't want to even think or talk about it. He is not "in the game" at all. We are getting our house ready to put on the market so I will be in a situation where I can make big changes. The question is, what, where, and will I have the financial ability to make any real changes??

Big change never happens before big adversity. At least not often in my world.