1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kathy's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by kvond, Jul 16, 2015.

1. kvond

kvond Gold

I actually don't know what happened, but some light bulb went off in my head and I can understand Jack's writing now (with a lot of googling). Is that too weird? Is that a phenomenon?

Allin likes this.
  2. Allin

Allin New Member

Sounds like some ideas and concepts are starting to click for you. It is not weird but normal....more dots are connecting :mmpft:

3. kvond

kvond Gold

Thanks Allin - you know I have a PhD in education and an undergrad in Nutrition - my expectation is that I should understand - but that's the thing about paradigm shifts - you really can't get it until the shift occurs. I do understand Kruse's emphasis on context since that is my understanding in Education research - i think it helped. But maybe also, I've been doing more of the protocol - maybe more neurons are firing!

Allin likes this.
  4. kvond

kvond Gold

I did a cyrotherapy session yesterday for the first time. Weirdly I woke up with calf cramps - is it due to more metabolic processes being provoked? I take bone broth daily and often take magnesium - took 5g.

I'm definitely better than 2 years ago when I started this journal. I really could not tolerate the cold then. I'm hoping that I can be more successful with CTing as it seems critical to make my body less migraine prone. I was thinking of doing the Wim Hof Method and cold showers to build up to ice tanks. I found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XSXQIO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34NTDOALNDBUM and thought it would be a great way to try to soak outside and save a little money on water and ice.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

migraine prone

low progesterone?

https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-complete-sample-report/

https://dutchtest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Steroid_Pathway_Jan2016.pdf

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. kvond

kvond Gold

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you do face dunks in ice water? per Dr. K's C/T protocol?

9. kvond

kvond Gold

Yes, but now as part of cold showers. I also sometimes put my hands or feet in buckets of ice water - little by little building up.

drezy likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. kvond

kvond Gold

13. kvond

kvond Gold

14. Jan Gerhards

Jan Gerhards New Member

Asea is so interesting, but only working if you drink a lot of water daily. The basic problem with Asea is that it is very expensive! But if someone has really health problems, it is one of the best things you can do... but as I said, this is an investment.

15. kvond

kvond Gold

I wonder because I haven't found good research provided by them, and some counter research that suggests ASEA has no effect. Plus as a biohack experiment I got their skin care for my Melasma - which is an issue, according to Jack or redox - and I've seen no effect for my expensive trial.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

kvond likes this.
  17. kvond

kvond Gold

Slammered my cervical spine yesterday: I though I was being a great mitochondriac diving into the Malibu surf yesterday, but the bulging discs in my neck were snapped back by a wave and I had instant intense pain down both index fingers. I stayed in the cold for awhile anyway figuring that was the best therapy along with the sun and grounding. Today the pain is a bit less.

18. kvond

kvond Gold

I wake up everyday with a headache in the back of my head. It used to and still can trigger migraines. Some call it the 4-8 am headache. If I wake up at 3:30 am there is no headache, but at 5:30 am it can be pretty intense. I've thought about going to a sleep apnea clinic, but I wonder if there is less oxygen because mitochondria activity is lower at that time? Wouldn't the cure for sleep apnea be better redox?

I've found that if I set the alarm for 3:30 and take a high dose of Niacin I can stop the headache from starting (which led me to consider that it was an oxygen issue). If I have one, I found that the Wim Hof breathing and a cold shower usually gets me functional.

Since it is summer, I'm working hard on the redox RX.

19. kvond

kvond Gold

I've gotten the headaches dealt with - diet, breathing, circadian rhythm, and a good homeopathic remedy - finally. Got a new problem, while attempting to be a dutiful mitochondriac, I got whiplashed while attempting to swim at Malibu beach. I've got a C4,5 cervical fusion, and C 6 is starting to slide and twist. The wave hit me and I got intense pain into both fingertips. I'm still healing a month later. Though my doc looked at me like I'm crazy, I've had intermittent bouts of breathing/palpations/swelling like my nervous system can't regulate itself fully. It comes and goes. I continue the above to heal and will get an MRI and check in with the neurosurgeon who did my fusion soon.

This weekend I'm getting rid of my contacts.
    I am setting an alarm at work to walk outside 10 min out of every hour - get some sun, hiit exercise and back at it.
    I'm getting back in ketosis - slipped on vacation and the above issues made it hard to go through keto flu symptoms. Since my blood pressure is very low and adrenals are bad - these are pretty uncomfortable.

My latitude is 39ยบ interesting to listen to Jack's talk in Vermont - really interesting! I like listening to whole lectures. I like these better than podcasts. I really appreciated him discussing what hacks people can take in Northern climates, and how to judge when a hack won't be enough and stronger measures are needed.

Since reading this forum and having some interchange with Jack I have:
    Gotten 6 weeks of no migraine headaches and no chronic daily headaches
    no longer feel dizzy while taking cold showers or swimming in a cold ocean
    Feel more upbeat and happy much of the time
    Lost 30 lbs
    Feel like I can heal and move forward with the remaining issues I face.

I'm looking forward to doing more light hacks and strengthening my spine.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Do not have a revision fusion. Use a ton of sun and CT......and the transition of IRA to UVA is the key to helping your c spine via the eye and skin. Expose the top of your spine early on when visible is present before UVA. Or use LLLT or red light a lot.