1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kathy H's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Kathy1967, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Hi All, off and on through out the years of knowing about Dr. Jack Kruse I have followed done cold baths/ice baths, risen with the sun, and followed Jack's epi paleo diet. I have been consistent for the last 8 weeks with daily or every other day cold baths and rising with the sun. I always eat relatively low carb but I have more veggies in the summer months so I am not totally keto; I eat sardines and canned oysters (fresh when I can) several times a week. If I drink alcohol, it's organic malbec - I seriously cut down on that four months ago. I work on a computer 10 hours a day 4 days a week but try to step away and get outside whenever I can. I'm taking online classes so when I get home I have to be on the computer more but I put it outside and work that way. I wear my blue blockers every night and also during the day when looking at the computer. When I had my DHEA sulfate tested last year it was pretty low - 116. Life Extension, the lab I used suggested that I supplement with DHEA (15mg) and pregnenolong (50mg). My estradiol was 101.7, progesterone 8.2, testosterone was 12 (free testosterone was 0.6). My DHEA is going down every time I test it - I've been testing since I was about 42 and now I'm 52; my weight has gone from around 150 to 170 and my lower belly isn't as flat as was a few years ago. Surprisingly, I still look think and in shape - I'm outside when I'm not working and lift heavy things naturally (we have a huge garden and chickens and I'm always building things to take care of the garden and chickies). My period is as regular (probably more so now) as it always was - every 28 days.

I want my hormones to go back up without supplements (I never took the dhea and pregnenolone that LIfe Extension suggested although I am tempted too). I know Dr. Kruse has talked about supplementing with DHEA because most people are low, but more recently I heard him say that its not great to take exogenously what your body makes endogenously and I've always agreed with that (when melatonin pills became popular years ago, I was like "NO WAY!"). I'm wondering now though, given my declining tests if I should start supplementing OR get tested again and give it another try through CONSISTENTLY applying, the cold, the light, and avoiding nnEMF. Any adivce/suggestions would be SOOOOO appreciated!!!

2. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Oh!!!! Something that I'm excited about! I did the cologuard test - since I'm over 50 my friends and family who are my age or older have tried to convince me to get a colonoscopy but I don't think that procedure is necessary so when my new doc (an MD who seems more like a naturopath) suggested the cologuard test and explained what it was to me suggested I do it. So I did the test and came back negative - no polpys! I'm not sure if that is "normal" but I'm so excited about it!!!