1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kate's hiding in THIS cave for a while...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by MrPinkies, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

hugs Kate xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  3. I know that feeling Kate. I feel it too on a regular basis. Sometimes making an effort is like walking on an airport moving walkway - like magic. And sometimes it is like trying to walk through drying concrete. This is mindset. Meditate and allow yourself the space and time to make progress without desperation. Enjoy doing the right things and the results will catch up with you. Peace and Love to you Dear. xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Starting over isn't so bad... I'm down quite a few pounds these days (a solid 205.8 from 214.8)... Cryotherapy is going very well...

On a separate note..

At work, they have body composition testing that I've been doing every 6 weeks for the hell of it.. They take my weight, circumferences, and pinch my fat with calipers... In the past year, I've gained over 15 lbs of lean muscle mass! My body fat is down to 29%. My body fat percentage was higher from when I weighed less a year ago... So.. that's cool with me..

Question: do you believe that muscle weighs more than fat?? Or are people around me trying to make me feel better about myself? This is a question to feed my curiosity...

Still waiting for a surgery date... until then, still chipping away at what I need to work on....

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

6. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

our anthem! Go Kate! xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hi all... It's been a while...

Well, if you haven't heard the news... I started a new journey..

A few weeks ago, I donated my kidney to my brother. My brother is doing very, very, very well. He is getting a new (day time- used to work midnights) job and really starting to take control- like sitting out in the sun in the mornings and early evenings! He's seriously considering moving closer to me which would get him out of the big city.. :) I can't believe how "alive" he looks again... This is nothing short of a miracle!

Me... well.. I feel like hell.. and what do I expect after losing a major working organ and being under general anesthetic for 6 1/2 hours??!? I woke up to the surprise that they were able to do it laparoscopic with a hand assist (I was expecting an open surgery). In some ways, I feel like nothing happened at all.. I'm able to move around, bend, twist, whatever... In other ways, my brain is completely fried and my GI track is seriously fucked right now. Bowel spasms are seriously the worst.. Each day gets a little bit better.. I've lost a LOT of weight, so no complaints there.. Starting to eat again.. Drinking my water... Laying halfway naked in the sun... Can't soak in water for another 3-4 weeks... Can't drive yet... Definitely moving in the right direction as far as healing goes... :)

14184346_10154442801060365_801711940204926742_n.jpg

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Beautiful gesture Kate. Now realize that the sun is real important for you. When you can you seriously need to get South.

10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

It's in the works... :)

nicld and Lahelada like this.
  11. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

So... just for context reasons... Aug 10th- week prior to surgery, Aug 17th was surgery, blood draw was taken hours after surgery, Aug 18th took blood- had fever, etc, Aug 21 went home from hospital.. I will post yesterdays blood draw as soon as I get them.

Attached Files:

12. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hugs Kate xoxo

14. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

It's been 7 weeks (tomorrow) since I've donated my kidney.

My surgeon who took my kidney out says "These things are not typical things that happen from kidney donation. There's no way to bill your brothers insurance. Go see your primary care doctor and find the best Neurologist money can buy. Best wishes" and showed me the door. He hasn't return my phone calls. My primary care doctor said with her facial expressions but didn't say out loud: "WTF". Now, both of these doctors are having a pissing contest over tests that can be done now that I'm down to one kidney and which insurance is paying.

Headache (non-stop) since surgery with pain behind my left eye
    My head feels heavy
    My brain literally felt like it was frying for the first two weeks of recovery, and I think I need to find a new word(s) for frying because the only thing that comes to my mind is a literal hot pan with hot oil- crack an egg to where it's spitting and steaming on the sides... that is what it feels like.. I don't have any other words for it.. but I don't think anyone is understanding that... does that make sense? that feeling of a fried egg for brains?
    ear pain in both ears
    I can't stand any blue lighting and is actually killing me to type this up (yes, I am that desperate)
    Dizzy/vertigo (gave me meclizine 25mg, which is helping with the vertigo, but nothing else, sending me to PT to help with the vertigo)

Confusion- this one requires an explanation: In the past two weeks, I have remembered to pick up my kiddos from school TWICE.. All other times I have literally forgotten that I even had children. When the school asked if I was coming to pick the kids right now or if there was a different plan- I answered with- who am I picking up?
    In the middle of driving home from JCPenneys (a drive that I have made a trillion times in my life time), I didn't know where I was or where I was going.. I stopped and asked for directions back home.. got lost again and asked for more directions.. and then I realized where I was and got home.. A 9 minute drive took me 45 minutes. This has happened a few times to me, and luckily the other times, my kids were in the back seat and I just asked what we were up to and quickly got back on track.
    I have left burners on on the stove, luckily I didn't leave the house when the fire alarms went off.
    I live on a sticky note system for the most part.. I write down where I'm going and what I have to do for the day. Although, after the trip to the ER this past weekend (because my drive home from JCPenneys scared the shit out of me) I haven't been behind the wheel.

I am BEYOND exhausted.
    Waves of nausea (haven't had bowel spasms in a few weeks and over all nausea has improved- no longer needing 24/7 of zofran)
    Abdominal pain- surgeon said that he understood the pain on the left side (they took the left kidney) but he doesn't understand my right side. ER trip determined it could be my gallbladder, but they are not 100% sure. I have a HIDA scan tomorrow to determine if/when I need surgery. I think I am going to tell them to fuck off because I want to keep my fucking gallbladder. I don't think that that is the problem.
    Pain in left shoulder that runs down my arm- sometimes this runs across the chest if I lay down on flat on my back- surgeon said I have no idea, that should have been gone within a few days of surgery from the gas used from surgery

CT scan without contrast of head, abdomen, and pelvis - determined no tumor or stroke
    Blood work- "all within normal ranges"
    180-200 oz of H2O/day

@NeilBB

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hidden-dangers-of-going-under/ How long do you think it will take for those who study things like this to realize that when we synthetically lower electrical potentials on cell membranes that it might effect the endogenous coupled cycles in durinal biologic cycles? I wonder if they ever wonder if the time of the day and the lighting all this goes under has any role in these issues. We learn that death comes fast when electron chain transport stops. We also know that a slowed ECT is linked to illness. The dynamic nature of how drugs can effect ECT flow changes the border zone between the classical world we live in and the quantum world that makes us operate as we do. When we uncouple these two things in a synthetic fashion you'd think we expect some collateral repercussions. Quantum theory is the most successful and reproduced theory in science making it quite unique. The only “failure” of quantum theory is its inability to provide a natural framework for our prejudices about the workings of the Universe. States of quantum systems evolve according to the deterministic, linear Schroedinger equation. Life is called a macroscopic system in physics. Macroscopic systems, like life, are never isolated from their environments. Therefore they should not be expected to follow Schroedinger equation because it is only applicable only to a closed system. Life is not a closed system either. As a result, systems usually regarded as classical (reality) suffer or benefit from the "natural loss" of quantum coherence, which “leaks out” into the environment. Synthetic losses, no matter how short or long would lead to other possibilities........other outcomes in reality. This paper lays out some interesting facts that can teach us about the boundary zone between the quantum realm and reality we observe.

16. Penny

Penny New Member

Take some exogenous "light"... like rhodiola: get the Life Extension one...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3652169/

Here's another article on the wonders of bypass surgery and what they do to your brain... it affects *many* people: of course, they are looking in the wrong places for the cause...
    "Bypass brain: how surgery may affect mental acuity:
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB121304603861058495

You might want to look into gingko biloba - but ask a doctor because it's a blood thinner -

Maybe try some acupuncture for energy improvements?

Improved Cognitive Function After Transcranial, Light-Emitting Diode Treatments in Chronic, Traumatic Brain Injury: Two Case Reports
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3104287/
    This page is full of links to cognitive improvements - written by Michael Hamblin - he's at Harvard photobiology school of medicine dept - using transcranial, light-emitting diodes -
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Hamblin MR[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21182447

This is an interview with Steven Fowkes that Dave Asprey did with him - he is really hot with led therapies - this is part 1 - it is also in transcript form:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Hamblin MR[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21182447

Here's part 2:
    https://blog.bulletproof.com/95-hac...mart-drugs-with-steven-fowkes-part-2-podcast/

He's a also big into DMAE and piracetam -

Then there are all the phospholipids: I find great improvement using phosphatydilserine and phosphatydilcholine - of course these things are supposed to be made by your body, but since your redox sucks, you probably aren't making them -

I would also look into getting a cryohelmet for your head - or even just face dunking - or making your head cold and adding IR lights...

Eat oysters for the zinc/dha and brazil nuts for the selenium - both improve semiconduction -

These all improve energy which will improve you... you were so brave Kate - take a bow:)

nicld likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Kate anesthesia is devastating hit to the the redox mechanisms in the body which is why I shared that article with you..........I love the fact that you cared so much for your brother to do it but I would have told you that doing this carried some serious collateral damage for you because of your redox. Just think back to how you did after your last surgery........not bueno. When you lose a kidney you lose the power to make red cells which carry light energy to your mitochondria.......so I think sun become real important for you and considering you live in Michigan you are not going to get much now.........because it is falling off a cliff due to the seasonal change. Thsi means grounding and CT is all you can tap............That is what I am thinking off the top of my head.

caroline, Penny and MrPinkies like this.
  18. Penny

Penny New Member

cantweight likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

thinking of you Kate..... I wish I could have persuaded you not too...........

20. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

persuaded me not to what? donate my kidney?? In all honesty, I wouldn't have listened... Out of everyone in my family, my brother I talk to 4-5 times a day.. I talk to my parents maybe 2-3 times a month- maybe... everyone else Thanksgiving and Christmas.. He is my family and my world.. It's probably one of the very few reasons left why I am still living in Michigan right now...

caroline and nicld like this.