1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kate's hiding in THIS cave for a while...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by MrPinkies, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

I had a kidney out 20 some odd years ago - frankly, I couldn't wait for it to be gone... it was 10"by 8" and I would hear a sloshing sound when I would jog - as near as I could tell, I got kicked in the low back by a kid in tae kwon do - it hurt for a few days - well, the ureter tube was blocked and thus urine started building up and it was like carrying some toxic waste around for a good decade - naturally I ignored it like the sloshing sound when I jogged - what I can tell you is it's a pretty bread and butter surgery and the worst part about it is the build up of gas pain after the surgery - any abdominal surgery deadens the intestines for a short time and gas starts to build up - naturally, I had a massive meal the night before because I'm an idiot - lasts for about a day -and the other think is you have a back ache for about 3 years - that being said, the day I got home, 4 days after the surgery, I wrapped one of those movers back braces around myself and jogged to the mailbox - it worked great - my boss said to show up and he would pay me - so I showed up to work and slept all day:) It was around $3000.00 out of pocket expense after the insurance paid up and that was 1992 - a guy I worked with had a transplant and he said the donor goes through more pain because the recipient they just insert the new one and don't remove the old one -

What is the reason his kidneys have failed? Is it the high blood pressure? And is that from being a cop? I read recently - hell it might have been Dr. K - about something they are doing to help transplants succeed better - try lef.org - might have been their magazine - I have also read it is like the walking dead being on dialysis -

I was told one can live on 20% of one kidney... my 98 year old grandfather only had one kidney his entire life -

I would do it - he's your brother...

2. Penny

Penny New Member

I have some advice - most people focus on probiotics but I think prebiotics are awesome - I take 3 Now Foods Chitosan tablets with chromium before bed and what they consist of is shrimp shells - what that does is feeds the distal flora - what it also does is helps with FIAF - when you have crappy flora, there is some free fatty acid digestive enzyme that doesn't break down fat - this is why people are fat -

https://www.jackkruse.com/organizational-structural-failure-1-gutcollagen-link/

KEY EVOLUTIONARY POINT: Human guts shortened distally and our teeth radically changed simultaneously. These thermodynamic changes immediately changed the relationship between what our gut flora could do and could not do. Today the changes can be seen. When you have the teeth of a herbivore and a diet based upon high marine fat and proteins it will act to deliver a lot of undigested and not fully processed foods to our but flora. This change in structure lead to a phenotype change. It made our babies fatter than our chimp ancestors to support our species brain growth post natal period. So how did these events all happen together?

It has to due with shear numbers and the species of bacteria in our gut. There is a particular flora that produces adiposity and obesity in humans. These bacteria make something called FIAF (Fasting induced adipose factor) that control this process. FIAF blocks lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in fat cells. LPL allows us to convert dietary free fatty acids made from beta oxidation of a ketogenic diet and it carries these FFA to mitochondria where massive amounts of protons are spit out from mitochondria. The FFA’s undergo beta oxidation to deliver a substantial amount of electrons to the inner mitochondrial membrane to maintain the redox potential to allow for proton creation.

There's link in there to an article that's called:
    "The gut microbiota as an environmental factor that
    regulates fat storage"

I tried eating shrimp shells - it was as disgusting as natto - which I also was even fermenting for awhile - maybe I'll go back:)

There are also 3 other items you need for a good gut wall that seals and that is: iodine/zinc (stomach acid)/B1 (benfotiamine) - I'm currently having this particular party at the moment -

As far as regrowing your apendix, maybe it's possible, but it would be interesting to know when it gets populated with the "blue print" of your current gut flora in case of annihilation - Dr. K wrote something about that also -

This one is also good:
    https://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-9-what-really-killed-michael-jackson/

3. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

More blood test results coming soon... but.. this is what I have so far..... Thoughts????
    • GFR for Other Races
      82 mL/min/1.73 m2
      Date:
      May 19, 2016 01:25 p.m. EDT

• GFR for African Amer
      100 mL/min/1.73 m2
      Date:

• INR
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      0.89 - 1.10

• Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
      22 mg/dL (High) (in March it was 14 mg/dL- see below)
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      7 mg/dL - 20 mg/dL

• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
      1.630 Micro IU/mL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      0.200 Micro IU/mL - 4.780 Micro IU/mL

• Triglycerides
      66 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      35 mg/dL - 149 mg/dL

• Sodium
      140 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      135 mMol/L - 147 mMol/L

• Prothrombin Time
      10.4 Second(s)
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      9.4 Second(s) - 11.7 Second(s)

• Potassium
      3.9 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      3.5 mMol/L - 5.3 mMol/L

• Phosphorus
      2.9 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      2.3 mg/dL - 5.0 mg/dL

• Glucose
      92 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      70 mg/dL - 99 mg/dL

• Creatinine
      0.80 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      0.4 mg/dL - 1.1 mg/dL

• Cholesterol - HDL
      74 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      > 39 mg/dL

• Cholesterol - LDL
      79 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      < 130 mg/dL

• Cholesterol
      166 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      100 mg/dL - 199 mg/dL

• Chloride
      109 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      96 mMol/L - 112 mMol/L

• Carbon Dioxide
      24 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      21 mMol/L - 32 mMol/L

• Calcium
      8.6 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      8.0 mg/dL - 10.6 mg/dL

• AST (GOT)
      17 Units/Liter
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      < 37 Units/Liter

• ALT (GPT)
      28 Units/Liter
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      13 Units/Liter - 56 Units/Liter

• Alkaline Phosphatase
      52 Units/Liter
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      50 Units/Liter - 136 Units/Liter
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • GFR for Other Races
      75 mL/min/1.73 m2
      Date:
      Mar 04, 2016 11:22 a.m. EST

• GFR for African Amer
      91 mL/min/1.73 m2
      Date:

• HbA1C
      5.5 %
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      4.0 % - 6.0 %

• WBC
      7.6 K/CUMM
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      3.5 K/CUMM - 10.6 K/CUMM

• Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
      14 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      7 mg/dL - 20 mg/dL

• Sodium
      137 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      135 mMol/L - 147 mMol/L

• RBC
      4.66 M/CUMM
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      3.91 M/CUMM - 5.15 M/CUMM

• Potassium
      4.0 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      3.5 mMol/L - 5.3 mMol/L

• Platelets
      289 K/CUMM
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      150 K/CUMM - 450 K/CUMM

• Nucleated RBC s
      0.00 K/CUMM
      Date:

• Hemoglobin
      13.7 gm/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      11.5 gm/dL - 15.1 gm/dL

• Hematocrit
      43.1 %
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      34.4 % - 44.2 %

• Glucose
      99 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      70 mg/dL - 99 mg/dL

• Creatinine
      0.86 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      0.4 mg/dL - 1.1 mg/dL

• Chloride
      104 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      96 mMol/L - 112 mMol/L

• Carbon Dioxide
      29 mMol/L
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      21 mMol/L - 32 mMol/L

• Calcium
      8.9 mg/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      8.0 mg/dL - 10.6 mg/dL

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

• WBC
      7.7 K/CUMM
      Date:
      Jun 03, 2016 03:30 p.m. EDT
      Reference Range:
      3.5 K/CUMM - 10.6 K/CUMM

• RBC
      4.47 M/CUMM
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      3.91 M/CUMM - 5.15 M/CUMM

• Platelets
      256 K/CUMM
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      150 K/CUMM - 450 K/CUMM

• Nucleated RBC s
      0.00 K/CUMM
      Date:

• Hemoglobin
      13.0 gm/dL
      Date:
      Reference Range:
      11.5 gm/dL - 15.1 gm/dL

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BUN creat ratio a bit high.......

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What makes you wonder? I was in Vermont and heard a lady speak on Autism (Beth Lambert). She caused me to change my talk. The I heard her speak I immediately thought of Kate and her family. I immediately realized that Beth needs help on the science from and more help on the business side from a guy like Ruben, so we both decided to meet with her and talk about issues. When Beth spoke, I saw an audience who's voices that just standing looking and listening but doing nothing. When people see a good cause why do most act as static loads of procrastination? If you want to discover the true character of a person, you have only to observe what they are passionate about. You don't need any more data. When you see their passion is alignment with human improvement how can you not help in some small way? Passion allows us to be the flame of change and not the moth.

Joe Gavin, Jeanne and MrPinkies like this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

This is so true........ i learned something about it the last months

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

June 2016 you'll learn even more.

Inger likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/vermont-2016-changing-my-focus-jack-kruse?published=t Life is so beautiful. I like teaching you all so much, even if I've never met any of you in person. Being a part of many groups has changed my life forever, and I will never be able to repay any of you for that. But what I can do is try and offer the same chance for others, in the quest for truth. It's enthralling to know that some of you all are doing the same with me.
    Read hard books. Do difficult work. It is the things that you are most resisting doing that contain the fullest expression of your genius.

Dean6789, Joe Gavin, Inger and 2 others like this.
  10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

If she wants to talk, give her my info..

nicld likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dear Dr. K.

I read your thoughts on the event ......and I am so hugely proud of you!

I have no words really to convey to you my huge sense of gratitude that I somehow stumbled over you and your wisdom on MDA..

Of course, I am giving myself a pat on the back for recognising the importance of what you were teaching us, with infinite patience ....most of the time!

We have all grown as we try to take all this on board and apply it to our own n=1.

You make us all step up and embrace our discomfort.

Most of all tho .....I see remarkable changes in you. Just little things that all add up.

You are evolving and changing and growing .....just like you are asking us to do.

I had the great fortune to meet you in Orlando ....we both have come so far since then.

So many remarkable people have come into our lives on this optimal journey and I thank you for being so open to all possibilities ....and sharing it all with us.

I am continually overwhelmed by all this quantum entanglement - it really takes my breathe away.

I have learned that the three legged stool is my compass for my life.

We need sunlight and grounding and good water. Once we totally accept this as our foundation - life just washes over us with all its endless possibilities.

We become better people .... friends, lovers and everything in between. We have more self confidence and we can shoot for the stars!

Keep spreading the joy Dr. k.!

Thanks for all of this , being who you are and growing with us .....and most of all - not giving up on us.

A/C

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

will do

13. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I am lost and can't seem to find the world I was in before I had the tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction. What is wrong with me??!?!!? Why is my world always completely flipped upside down and backwards???

Nothing that I was doing before is working now... but why?? Why won't my body cooperate???

My weight got up to 215... I've managed to get down to swing between 208-212.. 15g of carbs per day.. I'm out in the early and late afternoon sun with full body in the fucking grass... I have Ruben telling me to fucking weigh my food and count calories!!!! I haven't counted calories in FIVE YEARS (August will start year 6), why would I fucking start now??!?!?!? which goes against very single thing I have learned from Kruse...

They won't let me donate my kidney without dropping the weight because if I can't drop the weight they said that I would develop type 2 diabetes if they take my kidney... They also told me to start eating a more "balanced" diet rich with grains and fucking potatoes. As I said before, I'd give my kidney blindly to my brother..

I hate feeling lost... Someone just tell me what the fuck to do.... please... anything.. just anything...

a new rock bottom... new line drawn in the sand... ready to go...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Lahelada likes this.
  14. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh Kate, I feel your pain :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:. I have no words of wisdom as to why this is happening to you but just know that you are not alone.

Like you, I used to weigh my food and count every calorie I ate and burn and calculated my “deficit” and that just failed me and sent me to a dark, dark place. I felt like such an utter failure but I just cannot bring myself to go back to doing that again, I need to live.

The past couple of years I have been working on myself mentally, learning to accept myself for the size that I am. That is not to say that I like where I am at but I am no longer abusing myself to get to a certain size, I just cannot do that mentally anymore.

Just had a light bulb moment the past month that maybe my mitochondria are just not working the way that they should. It is just not taking the energy that I am giving them (or have stored) and using it properly, so that is what I am working on.

Hope you find what is going on soon.

Jude, MrPinkies and Joe Gavin like this.
  15. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

You had a lot of stress on your body in 2014-2015 with the reconstruction and then appendicitis. Is it possible that your body is still healing? Now added to this is the emotional stress of your brother's illness. Apparently it's taken a toll on you.

Kate, you have more determination than anyone I know. I have faith you will find your way back to where you want to be.

Don't beat yourself up. Pick yourself up and keep going...

MrPinkies, Joe Gavin and nicld like this.
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been feeling frustrated lately. My weight loss has stalled, and my energy is dropping. I blame the air conditioning, not that I want to open the windows to the heat. I don't ground at night because of all the electricity flying around. We should be getting an RV trailer in a couple weeks, and I want to be OUTTA HERE! Gimme more Nature!! I need some sand between my toes!

Counting calories or carbs or portions, for me, is a path to neurosis. Thanks to nicotine gum, I'm still eating fairly well, following the path I used to lose 20 pounds in Jan-March. More carbs, but not an excessive amount. Getting a great tan everywhere. My spine isn't deteriorating. My usual protocols just aren't enough right now. No improvements in energy. I don't smile much anymore. I snip at DH and then apologize. If I need to get something done, I take some D-ribose and use the burst of energy to take care of it.

Kate, I know you don't want to wait for winter to get back into shape. But I think, like me, it just isn't going to happen in our current environments. Please don't blame yourself. We all love you here.

Jude, fitness@home and MrPinkies like this.
  17. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I can appreciate your angst...nothing that worked for me in my old environment translated to my new. I pushed and pushed and became more inflamed and more over weight and so much more fucking frustrated.

You have to find a new normal. Its summer...15 carbs? Fuck that. Go out in that sun put your ass in the grass and an eat a god damned watermelon. Flood your veins with UV. The more sun I get the less I have any desire to eat at all.

Give your body and mind a break. You have such a full plate being the exceptional mother, wife, sister, human being that you are. Practice some serious self love....do things that make you feel good...music, dance, swimming....visiting me in VA ;) whatever it is. The more stress on your bod the less likely you will drop an ounce. Tell your body you are in a place to let go...read something good...I just ordered the power of now by Ekhart Tolle (hat tip @JoeGavin )

Calories lol

I love you!

Jude, nicld, Lahelada and 1 other person like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kate you have been given lots of love and support and advise above^^^^ I don't think I have anything to add.

I do know first hand that moving is ultra stressful. I am finally just starting to settle in now after 8 months.

You have been under way too much stress from too many areas in your life.

You probably aren't really superwoman [even if we tell you that] ..... you just may be one of us regular gals who are trying to do our best everyday.

Have you gone back and re - started the leptin reset? Tony and I did the whole 30 and it was great to figure out what is causing us inflammation. It is very similar to the reset only more restrictive so you can pick up foods that are causing issues.

I wish I had a magic bullet ..... A lot of us ladies here seemed to be stuck and struggling lately.........

I know for me ..... I fell deeply in love with Tony ....and then it was a short trip to cheesecake and port and lots of nice wine etc.! [and 15 extra and unwanted pounds]

we relax and enjoy and get carried away ....and then factor in all the day to day stresses of life.

How is your sleep Kate? and do I have to come over there and wash your mouth out with soap?????

being so angry and frustrated - I do understand ...been there lots and lots of times. Calm down , get yourself some drums .....and you already know what to do.

Mark Sisson wrote an interesting blog on women and Paleo - have a look.

But .... at the end of the day - you are here. A lot of folks here have become too fractured in my opinion - listening to too many people. JK has given us all the science we could ever want - it is all here somewhere.

We need to go back to basics ...... we need to tweak this for our own n=1. That is what I am doing now - I got very off track.

Your body has been thru so much ....and things have changed - so your/our thinking has to change.

xoxo

ps
    I am going to my journal now .... I have a great weight loss tip you may enjoy ....

Lahelada likes this.
  19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Kate ,nothing to add to the above except my support . Also struggling. Counting calories ? Colour me very surprised..Hugs

Edit : A very old culprit but with all your stress about your brother and your own surgery how are your cortisol levels ?

20. Inger

Inger Silver

So sorry you are struggling, Kate.....

I just have a few suggestions, IDK if you do these yet?

You could try some soft IF, like 14 hour fast, it is very easy, just eat dinner at 4 or 5 PM, no later, and not too heavy on food. If this is easy for you you can even extend the fast to 15-16 hours. Should make you drop some weight :)

Try to eat more raw.. to optimize your gut flora. Raw seafood like fresh shucked oysters are great for the gut! When you eat raw you get way more bacteria and viruses in you which is a great thing :)

Are you getting UVB sun too? Try to tan as much as you can... tanning is slimming! When you tan midday you can make lots of vit D... what you cant in the morning hours... Keep on doing the morning sun of course, it has huge benefits too as we know.. it is just not enough, we need midday sun too... and evening sun... just try to get as much sun as you possibly can... nude if you can.. and drink loads of good water......

and yes... do not stress..... think positive, beautiful thoughts.... do things to activate your vagus nerve.. as we learned in the last blog of Jacks.. :) :)
    Weight is not everything.. it will come off eventually :) ((((hugs))))

Dean6789 likes this.