1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kate's hiding in THIS cave for a while...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by MrPinkies, Aug 1, 2015.

1. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I canceled my CT today.. got my blood work results back from yesterday and my white blood count went down from 9.8 to 6.9.. I still feel sicker than a dog right now.. So.. I've called in to work.. huge bag of ice on my stomach for now.. and just letting my body "sort this shit out" as Christi kindly put it.. ;)

I'll be posting my blood work results here soon.. trying to decode it for everyone first...

endless, cantweight and nicld like this.
  2. nicld

nicld Gold

Hang in there and sending good healing vibes your way.

MrPinkies likes this.
  3. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Glad they went down!

MrPinkies likes this.
  4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

See below... thoughts.. I know.. everything is within normal range...

Attached Files:

5. RobH

RobH Gold

Good! Sorry just saw this thread. Sounds you're on the backside of a miserable situation and I bet things will get better from here.

RobH

MrPinkies likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

good news Kate ..... xo

7. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

you know.. sometimes.. I am really shocked at how fast/well I can bounce back from things... I am feeling a million times better today than I was over the weekend.. although.. still feel nauseous from time to time.. livable I guess..

having a huge bag of ice on the stomach isn't so bad either... thinking I'll probably keep up with that..

rlee314, nicld, Joe Gavin and 3 others like this.
  8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

So.... I started the year with an impromptu visit to the surgery center to get my appendix removed... It wasn't how I wanted to start the year, but, it is what it is... I was very lucky that it ruptured outside of my body and that it was done laparoscopically. Although, because I had the muscle reconstruction done, it was difficult to expand the stomach...

I've taken sometime to think about this...I've decided that I'm going to grow my appendix back... and everyone thinks I'm joking... but.. I'm not... I am pissed that I had another surgery... Mainly because I thought that I was finally getting myself back together again from the last surgery that I had in 2014.... So.. I've decided.. on my list of things to do.. other than growing my appendix back... that... well.. 2016 is going to be about healing my gut and staying in the sun for as long as possible in the mornings and late afternoons... and LOTS of CT.... The last two years have been rough... Major surgery, working on getting myself back to where I was before surgery and feeling frustrated from not being able to bounce back as fast as I want it to, to buying a house, to going back to work force, to going back to school, keeping the kiddos on track... Stress sucks the life out of me... but I'm starting to think... only if I let it.. right? There's gotta be a way to contain, control, and relieve stress... I feel defeated when it comes to controlling my stress levels... but no more.. this is where I have hit rock bottom and drawing that line again... starting over... I said I was only doing this weight loss and gaining back my health ONCE... and it sucks that I am starting all over again.. but.. you know what? at least I am dusting myself off... standing up... and marching forwards... because I am a starfish... Starfish don't quit... they adapt to the environment.... I know this stuff... I know what to do... I know what needs to be done...

Next week: blood test results.. :) Lets see what good ole Mr Leptin is up to....

caroline, jenaf, cantweight and 3 others like this.
  9. ^^^^That. You've got this:)

MrPinkies likes this.
  10. nicld

nicld Gold

If anybody can do it I know you can :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thisbirdhaswings and MrPinkies like this.
  11. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Thats what starfish do right? grow shit back...

Get your gut happy again...wondering if a bolus of probiotics would be in order losing appendix,surgery,abx...etc. Dr Ohira professional strength work like none other...has fermented shit in it. take 4-6 a day....just for a bit to repopulate.

If anyone can do this its you my dear...but you already knew that :D

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Luv you Kate xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh my... Kate.. so sorry you are struggling :(

I really wonder why so many appendix rupture/get inflamed, what is the reason behind? Even if eating optimally?
    Michelles ruptured too.....

A friend of mine said it is dangerous to swallow big pieces of food and hard stuff like lemon seeds etc. They can make your appendix inflamed, as they get stuck there. But then I wonder why I never had issues so far because I swallow pieces and bits of many things all the time... and they seem to not get stuck. Time will tell :rolleyes:

MrPinkies likes this.
  14. Penny

Penny New Member

Dr. Jerry Tennet recommended in his book Healing is Voltage to put iodine on any scar you have - that is where redox would be lowest - for whatever it's worth..

Dean6789, rlee314 and MrPinkies like this.
  15. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I got a very heartbreaking phone call from my biological half brother who is in stage 4 kidney disease.. :(

We are a blood match... Reasons to donate and reasons not to.. GO.

Few things to know:
    he's 41 year old police officer
    same mother, different father
    he is black, I am white
    he has high blood pressure and had a successful gastric bypass and dropped about the same amount of weight that I did and has kept it off for years now (close to 8 years now I think?)
    Our mother is overall healthy in her mid-70s, but is a paranoia schizophrenic who hasn't seen us, etc since birth
    and out of all of my siblings (there's six of us total, all adopted except for my youngest sister, my brother and I are the only ones actually biologically related), he is the person I know and talk to the most, even more than my parents...

I'd give him my kidney blindly without any thought about screwing myself over...

How the hell does one ask for a organ??? How do you say no? Not that I want to say no, but... just sayin'

16. nicld

nicld Gold

Ooooh, tough one Kate.

Just because you are a blood match does not mean that you can give a kidney. A coworker's niece needed a kidney and she was all gung ho to donate. After 3-4 months of extensive testing it turned out that she had one blood vessel or an extra vessel going into a kidney that the doctors said it would not be a fit for her niece, donation was a no go.

Think it over long and hard and you have to decide what is best for you and your family. It does not mean that you love your brother but it may not be in the best interest of your family.

caroline likes this.
  17. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Very very tough decision Kate. There is no easy answer. Like Nicole said, you will need a lot of other testing before you know for sure if you are a good match and/or if your kidney(s) are healthy enough to donate one.

I would want to help one of my brothers or my sister, if needed.

Not an expert on this type of procedure and all that it entails. I hope you get some educated feedback soon.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is only my opinion of course.......your body has been to hell and back the last few years - you have had a very tough time.
    You have to be selfish and think of yourself - you have been on a hard journey and you have much farther to go and so much more to learn and so much more to give ......in other ways that will matter to an enormous amount of people.

You have two kids that will need you for quite a bit longer - that goes without saying.

I have spent many years in and out of hospital dialysis units .....around people with kidney failure and the wonderful doctors and nurses and support staff who try to manage all the fallout.

I have seen first hand a young man (18 y) and his family contemplating his third kidney transplant.

A young man in his early forties who was experiencing the failure of his second transplant. I watched for weeks on end as the renal team worked with these people to find solutions.

My understanding is that the recovery time for the donor is much harder.....but then I haven't been in a renal unit for five years. My wonderful DH passed away in the renal unit.

One other thing .....here in Australia - there is a donor kidney bank. So if you wanted to donate a kidney to your brother it may not be compatible for him ....but may be for someone else..

I could fill a book with very sad stories I am afraid .....

xoxo

MrPinkies, nicld and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  19. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Its things like this that I need to hear to see various perspectives... Many thanks my love.. xoxo

caroline likes this.
  20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Tough decision. I envy you not. What jumped out at me is that your brother had a gastric bypass. What with all the recent talk about dopamine and the complications with it that a gastric bypass brings could your brother use your kidney in the spirit it is intended to live at least a normal if not optimal life? When I first read it like Caroline I thought of your little ones . Do you have any idea of risks to you personally rather than the "normally donors..." variety?
    I wish you wisdom compassion and the capability to know the difference.

caroline likes this.