1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Kate's hiding in THIS cave for a while...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by MrPinkies, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Thank you for laying out what happened to you. :)
    My heart goes out to you- i think everybody has experienced a similar situation with similar feelings, although on a different scale with less accomplished than you !!(WOW...)
    You have come so far!!!! There is a saying here-what you can accomplish once, you can accomplish again.

Important is not to stress yourself too much!!! You do what you have to do, but stay relaxed.
    The more you are stressed about the results ( or no results! ) the slower and more resistant the process will be!!

It's some kind of stupid universal law of life:mad:, which unfortunately I have to experience every day in every area of my life.
    Weight issues are this LAW's favorite field of application-UURRRRGHH....(next are relationships)

Let go (AND DO what is necessary)- and your body will, too.
    I would add some serious CT- for me it works wonders with helping the body to "let go";)
    Many saludos from Spain

rlee314, Shijin13 and MrPinkies like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. nicld

nicld Gold

We feel the same.

Please share once you have tried this. I am interested but have not done enough research to try it.

caroline and MrPinkies like this.
  4. endless

endless New Member

Sounds like you are doing a lot right....you can master this challenge too. You are a warrior!:thumbsup:

MrPinkies likes this.
  5. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Moving wrecked me and I didnt have surgery! 30 lb gain after moving and was on fire prior. The stress of renovation was greatly underestimated by me and only recently do I seem to really be coming around. Took a solid 18 month decline and another 18 to rebuild.

I have no doubt you will rebuild and be better than ever with all the sexiness and good health you have worked so hard for :)

Bitches like us just dont quit :D:D:D:D:D

nicld, thisbirdhaswings and MrPinkies like this.
  6. Jude

Jude Gold

Oh Kate I wish you great success:) Just survived my second op/anaesthetic in 3 months and, like Cinnamon, this last op has brought on lots of gut effects:(
    Still have one more op to go in 3 mths:eek: so keep posting lots..may help the rest of us:D:D:D

MrPinkies likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

sending you so much love and hugs Kate ..... you know what to do ...xoxoxo

You fell apart after surgery and moving ...... I fell apart from being too happy! go figure!

Life lessons for all of us ......they just keep coming......we seem to need a wake up call every once in awhile!

At least your beautiful hair is growing .... lets get the important stuff in perspective!

nicld and MrPinkies like this.
  8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I'm here and there the last week or so...

I opened up my etsy store.. mostly for fun.. but also to sell off extra pre-made bracelets that didn't sell on the cruise and vendor shows....

In addition... I got a job! Ryan and Lizzie will both be in school, full day, no therapy to taxi off to... Some times.. I look in the mirror and nothing about myself has changed... but lately.. I look.. and I don't recognize myself or anything around me and that everything has changed... Ryan.... being discharged from therapy... it means that everything is all better? everything is going to be ok??? we accomplished and conquered therapy in less than 10 months??!?!? I thought going back to work that surely Ryan would have lost his shit because it's something different and new... but it hasn't happened yet.. and I don't think its going to... In many ways... I feel like a weight has been lifted... I spent years worrying and working my ass off to get here with Ryan.. even if that meant that I wasn't ever going to "get there"... but I am here... and it's weird.. I was always told I would never really "get there".. Why did I ever allow myself to believe that?!!?!?? and maybe I never did, but, it still stings either way... there's nothing like the feeling of your soul in a blender and then dumped on the floor to be walked all over on... How many parents stop because they told them that it was a lost cause?!?!? I have allowed many people to treat me this way in some form or another... this can't be done... this is never going to happen for you or him.. he will never do this... my favorite- it's less painful if you accept this... In some ways... in the mist of this journey.. I started saying.. fuck you.. watch.. Ryan will do it.. and now.. I get to say.. fuck you- RYAN DID DO IT.. or I DID IT... I don't think people in my life ever meant to be mean, but... saying fuck you feels great...

nicld and fitness@home like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

That phrase is so freeing! especially if you shout it! Puts everything into perspective for you ....and for them! it is easy to understand - and absolutely no doubt about what you mean.

MrPinkies likes this.
  10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Fuck fuck fuck.. ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....

I just wanted to send a quick note so everyone is on the same page here... Saturday I work up very ill with abdominal pain. I kinda toughed it out on the couch with big bags of ice on my stomach Saturday, but by Sunday (yesterday) morning I couldn't stand the pain any more, even though I had CT'ed for hours on end. I went to Urgent care because it's cheaper to go there than the ER. There wasn't much they could do for me other than to schedule an ultrasound for today. So.. I went home and put more ice on my stomach... By the end of the night.. I had a serious conversation with myself about my sanity levels and just go to the ER... and Gretchen almost convinced me to go.. My temp was 99.8, which, wasn't exactly a fever.. so I decided to tough it out again over night... save my pennies and just go to the ultrasound in the morning... I had the ultrasound and a few hours later a follow up doctor appointment today. The ultrasound showed that I had an ovarian cyst that had ruptured and accidentally found that I have gallbladder stones. The gallbladder stones were not really addressed.. The doctor became concerned over other symptoms that I am continuing to have after the ovarian cyst ruptured that is leading them to believe that I need to have my appendix removed. After googling this shit, I can see why they feel that this is urgent shit to deal with.. They have set me up with a CT scan with dye contrast tomorrow morning to confirm... which by the way... is not my favorite thing to do, I might add... I am feeling slightly better today, so, it is my hope that this is not the case.... Soo.. it's like.. uhmm.. I'm a HOT HOT HOT fucking mess right now.. How the fuck did I end up here???!!?!?!? This was not on my list of things to do today...

on another note... I should have said yes to the zofran... I want to puke and can't... I want to crap and can't...

going back to bed...

nicld likes this.
  11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hugs Kate. Hange in there... and keep us posted call if you need anything...

MrPinkies likes this.
  12. nicld

nicld Gold

Agree Fuuuuuuuuuck. Hope you get better soon.

MrPinkies likes this.
  13. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Kate, you take care of yourself girl!!

Good luck tomorrow. Sending hugs...

MrPinkies likes this.
  14. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Awww, Kate. :( :oops: I feel for you! I hope they find it is something they can handle without surgery. Thinking of you!

Oh and is it weird to say I liked zofran? They gave it to me while I was on morphine - so maybe it was the morphine that I really liked... I found it was good stuff when you are in pain! :)

15. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

general anesthesia makes me very ill... and it keeps me from puking after surgery...

but.. the two/three days now.. I just want to puke... not just a little bit.. I want to puke over everything and anything.. and just get it over with... and nothing is coming out... not dry heaving or anything.. I just hate hate hate feeling nauseous..

I will do ANYTHING to avoid surgery... ANYTHING...

nicld likes this.
  16. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

and which is worse? not being able to vomit or not being able to poop???

17. Jude

Jude Gold

So sorry Kate, hang in there....

MrPinkies likes this.
  18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Try breathing to engage your Vagal nerve. Hang on to those organs with all your might girl. The pain of a ruptured cyst is no fucking joke....you are so smart to ice.

Is anyone helping you get your bowels going????? I know when I had enlarged cysts slow hard bowels caused immense pain!

Don't let them scare you into giving up organs...I made that mistake. They said I had stones and was at risk of death from them entering my pancreas. After it was removed they said " good news, you didn't have stones!" Assholes.

Sending lots of love to you my friend. Try to be calm and let your body sort it's shit out ;)

Shijin13 and MrPinkies like this.
  19. Feel better Kate...xo

MrPinkies likes this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

My daughter had a bust cyst when she was about your age ....horrible, horrible pain. I wish I could hug you xoxoxoxo

MrPinkies likes this.