1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Karen's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by KarenES, Feb 15, 2019.

1. KarenES

KarenES New Member

In summary: How I got here February 15, 2019

I've always been health conscious with an insatiable desire to understand how we work. I've never have been on medication (I am 60 years old) except for hormones. No one in my family believed in drugs. I guess I'm lucky. Genetically we are lucky also. None of the horrible familial illnesses others struggle with.
    The "diseases of aging" that the AMA criminals refer to are the only issues in my family and I believe now most of them were correctable with the right knowledge.

I've arrived at jackkruse.com as another step in a multi year journey to understanding how the body works and optimizing my own health.
    I've been an aerospace engineer since the 1980's and took a consulting job in 1998 that lasted 5 years and really took its toll on me. I gained a lot of weight traveling every week on planes and sitting 10 hours a day at a computer. Me, gain weight? Blasphemy! I quit after 5 years of that and went back to my former engineering job and lost some of it. Bell Helicopter has a large campus and I have to walk a lot between buildings in the Texas sun which is nice.

Fast forward to 2011 I found my chiropractor and learned about the importance of spinal health and the body's ability to heal itself. In 2015 after several attempts to lose the rest of the weight, I signed up for the Nutrimost diet with my chiropractor and lost 40 lbs in just over a month. It was the best thing I did for myself. I got a lot of toxins out of my system, learned the value of fasting, and that even drinking a gallon of water a day did not guarantee I would not be dehydrated. I learned about structured water and excellent pink salt during that diet also.
    However, a year or so after the diet I began to have pain in my stomach occasionally. Soon found out it was gall bladder related. I was not processing fat. Could not stand to look at coconut oil. I was able to adjust my diet and now I can control the problem, but it isn't perfect. Still tweaking. Interestingly fasting does wonders when my gall bladder acts up.
    I will not have gall bladder surgery!

Aside: I started taking bioidentical hormones in my early 50's for several years and based on some of the videos I've watched on this site, I bet those pills (yes they were in pill form!) contributed to gall bladder issues. A buildup of deuterium from the hormones??? It is inconceivable to me. If I did my job the way most MDs do theirs there would be airplanes falling out of the sky. :)

I did the 6 week Wim Hof program in 2017 and loved the breathing and cold exposure (cold showers)! I sungaze now and try not to miss a sunrise and get my bare feet on dirt as much as possible. What a difference that makes! I just bought a pair of Ra glasses and everyone at work is jealous because they have the ugly glasses. LOL!

There is a lot of information on this site to digest here and it will take me a while to go through it but this is exactly what I was looking for. I have fired all my MDs and I intend to figure this out.
    I have as a goal to visit the Playa del Carmen facility. Texas is not far from Mexico, I have no excuse!
    That place sounds like heaven on earth to me.

I will not eat meat. I am not convinced the keto diet is the end all be all. I do still eat eggs. On very rare occasions I will have shrimp or crab. But I am primarily veggie and fruit. We are lucky here in Texas that there is always a lot of locally grown produce at the farmer's markets all year long. Mostly I eat 2 meals a day. Still drink wine.

Not sure what else to add here at the moment. Will journal if I come across any light bulb moments.
    Thank you Jack Kruse for sharing the truth with the world!

Mike David likes this.
  2. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Welcome to journal land! Why not meat or seafood? It seems to me that your going to a gun fight with a knife if your reversing disease without meat or seafood. But maybe there is a GOOD reason for it in your n=1. I just know what Dr. Kruse says about vegetarians and it’s not pretty.

caroline likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Karen and welcome..........

What is the nutrimost diet? 40 pounds in one month is a lot......

I don't have a gall bladder - lost it many years ago before I knew better. I don't seem to have any issues with fat.

The leptin reset is all about correcting our circadian rhythm .........the three legged stool.

How is your sleep? What city do you live in?