1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Karen's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by karenr, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

Hi Karen,
    Hopefully you do not have any more Himalayan salt as somewhere in the Forum he said not to use Himalayan salt. I used kosher salt making some fermented vegetables and I noticed my inner ankles swelling. As soon as I realized this and switched to a sea salt from France, my ankles are back to normal.:):):)

Phosphene and karenr like this.
  2. karenr

karenr Silver

Have become very interested in Lyme and the history of how it developed (the modern weaponized form, created at the Plum Island research lab..good YouTube vids that go into all that covert stuff)..

I grew up 75 miles from Plum Island, and my eating problem kicked into high gear in 1974, just one year before the big outbreak in Lyme, CT.

An article on Lyme that describes the severe anorexia-like symptoms that could be part of this syndrome, really struck me.
    https://www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/April06/SherrArticle.pdf
    This article comes closer than anything I've seen in all these years, to acknowledge the kind of early satiety and digestive incapacity that I have, linking it to something meaningful. Anorexia nervosa is such a misleading and sometimes dangerous catch-all label that’s been used even when it doesn’t fit. And of course doesn’t lead to anything helpful.

So. In view of all this, I'm thinking about what direction to take with treatment options, given that I don’t have the energy or money to pursue a diagnosis.

Reading the forum threads on Lyme, I came across some of Dr K's comments.. the focus on nnEMF,s of course, and that's always a work in progress.. It makes sense to focus most on what's upstream (mitochondrial health), but since I'm so limited in what I can physically do, it also makes sense for me to just do all that I CAN do that seems relevant.

I’m on my last case of DDW, can’t possibly afford it anymore by any stretch. It’s a very rough time financially. Interesting that my will to heal takes me in all these directions that could be very costly, and I get to figure out the cheap DIY way.

I figure that all this time I’ve been on the DDW, it must have been helping with a lot of deep level repair work even though I haven’t felt any positive results. I'd continue if I could, but will be tapering off over the next month or two. Now, a new chapter.

Joyfun and Phosphene like this.
  3. karenr

karenr Silver

Always a lot going on on the inner front, not always a lot of tangibles to share..
    but I wanted to share this newsletter from Jon Rappoport, one of my fave journalists (who had nomorefakenews.com decades before the term became popular)..

Usually I'd yawn when I’d see a title like this - 25 quotes on the power of your imagination.
    But I gave Jon the benefit of the doubt and found some real gems here..

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2018/09/11/25-quotes-on-the-power-of-imagination/

A few goodies -

“There are those who believe life is a museum. You walk through the rooms, find one painting, stroll into it and take up permanent residence. But the museum is endless. And if you were a painter, you'd never decide to live inside one of your canvases forever. You'd keep on painting."

"Imagination can be used to invent a better shade of nail polish or a universe. In a society devoted to nail polish, imagination is not to blame."

"Imagination has extraordinary equanimity. It is just as happy to entertain and embody two conflicting realities as it is to spool out one uniform reality."

"We re-learn to live through and by imagination, and then we enter and invent new space and time. But space and time aren't the superior forces. They operate and come into being at the tap of imagination."

"I'm not breaking a system into parts. I'm not trying to teach a person how to tie his shoes. I'm talking about the proliferation of endless new worlds, not seen through a porthole, but imagined and invented."

"A metaphor for imagination might be warp drive. You skip ahead in space by huge leaps. It's not 1,2,3; it's 1,2, and then suddenly four thousand. You're not working by serial cause and effect."

Tanya, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Nice to hear from you Karen. The first quote above about the museum struck me since I was just JUST wandering somewhat aimlessly around the house I’ve been in/out of the past 17 years, wondering (yet again) What Now?

Going through a weird stretch. Will talk more in my journal.

Was just in New England for some family stuff but can see myself taking a little solo trip before the weather degrades. Or maybe even after—I do love driving in snow. Forces me to focus. :rolleyes:

Will keep you in the loop.

karenr likes this.
  5. karenr

karenr Silver

6. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray

Great idea about the whole cumin seed in the white Basmati rice.